Zotac RTX 3080 RGB lights

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Hey all. Was wondering if anyone got any advice. Just switched PC on. The RGB on top of the Zotac RTX 3080 card is static red. But rest of my rgb on card is rainbow effects. It wasn't red last light it was all matching. I tried to change it in software but still solid red. Does that mean RGB is failing.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 128

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hey all. Was wondering if anyone got any advice. Just switched PC on. The RGB on top of the Zotac RTX 3080 card is static red. But rest of my rgb on card is rainbow effects. It wasn't red last light it was all matching. I tried to change it in software but still solid red. Does that mean RGB is failing.
Unlikely, probably just a issue with RGB software which can be pita sometimes to coordinate. What application are you using to set the Zotac RGB? Firestorm?

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Unlikely, probably just a issue with RGB software which can be pita sometimes to coordinate. What application are you using to set the Zotac RGB? Firestorm?
Yes Firestorm. The Rainbow effect was fine last night Been working since i got computer back. Switched on few min ago. It was solid red. Now its Flashing Red.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Try setting the RGB to a static colour like blue or green, under standard effects. Restart PC, then launch firestorm again and select what animated effect you want.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Try setting the RGB to a static colour like blue or green, under standard effects. Restart PC, then launch firestorm again and select what animated effect you want.
Hi. I have done what you said.. Only the front part is lighting up. top part. nothing.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So to confirm, when you set a static colour, nothing was displaying on the top of card, only on side? And same result after restart, rainbow or whatever you selected would only display on the side and not the top of the card?

carlos726811

Bright Spark
So to confirm, when you set a static colour, nothing was displaying on the top of card, only on side? And same result after restart, rainbow or whatever you selected would only display on the side and not the top of the card?
That is correct. Only static colour on side. nothing on top. Changed to rainbow. Top in blank and side flashing rainbow colour. Then went blank. Then gone back to rainbow colour

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The only things I can think of is to uninstall Firestorm, restart, installed the latest version (download from Zotac.com) and try setting RGB again. If RGB is not responding, then I would suspect a hardware fault.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
The only things I can think of is to uninstall Firestorm, restart, installed the latest version (download from Zotac.com) and try setting RGB again. If RGB is not responding, then I would suspect a hardware fault.
Done that. I been on Phone to PCS. They going to have a talk to someone else about the issue and get back to me

I noticed my fans are spinning all the time now. They never used to.. Temps sitting at 32c. I Thought fans suppose to spin when card gets hot.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Yeah, wouldn't expect GPU fans to spin at that temperature
I just checked the performance monitoring on the Nvidia Geforce experiance. The GPU temp is 37c But fan speed keeps ramping upto 800+RPM. Is that normal.
I Have opened door for the case and its all cool inside?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I just checked the performance monitoring on the Nvidia Geforce experiance. The GPU temp is 37c But fan speed keeps ramping upto 800+RPM. Is that normal.
I Have opened door for the case and its all cool inside?
Which Zotac model is it? There may be a VBIOS update.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
If you install GPU-z and click on "Lookup" in the top right it will show you the exact model

Thats what its brought up