The Nemesis - Pictures+Video+my experience with PCS

samx300

Enthusiast
In case any of you are interested in a couple of spare CM stock 200mm fans (NON-LED), let me know. I will only charge you postage and I'd be more than happy to ship em your way. They serve me no purpose at the moment.
I also have a spare 120mm stock CoolIT ECO ALC Fan that is now redundant.

Cheers

F3AR

In case any of you are interested in a couple of spare CM stock 200mm fans (NON-LED), let me know. I will only charge you postage and I'd be more than happy to ship em your way. They serve me no purpose at the moment.
I also have a spare 120mm stock CoolIT ECO ALC Fan that is now redundant.

Cheers

Damn! i just bought my Blue LED 200mm (3x) Fans lol!
And i bought my Kingston Ram Fan,
And my Fan Controller (same as yours)

It's a pity i haver to wait for my mom's client to give the go ahead before i can buy the mouse :(
Anyway, hows your Baby?

samx300

Enthusiast
Mom's client to give the go ahead...? lol, I don't get it ;)
My baby is doing pretty well..apart from the high pitch noise from speakers and freeze issue that I encountered lately..today is a Bank Holiday, and I'm waiting to hear back from PCS as to what went wrong :-/

F3AR

Mom's client to give the go ahead...? lol, I don't get it ;)
My baby is doing pretty well..apart from the high pitch noise from speakers and freeze issue that I encountered lately..today is a Bank Holiday, and I'm waiting to hear back from PCS as to what went wrong :-/

Moms Client to give the go ahead literally means what it says on the tin: My Mom is a Garden Designer, she has just given the client the price of the garden, she is waiting for them to give the go ahead so she is sure she has enough money.
Even thought my dad is getting paid 70,000 a year. Grr!

Anyway, i can't wait for my baby, but it needs a menacing name!

samx300

Enthusiast
lol, okay, get it now :) So this is a gift from your mom then?

Why don't you do some thinking on the menacing name in the meantime? It'll take yer mind off the Pre-Prod stage as well!

F3AR

Nothing can take my mind of it lol,
And i was thinking, how about "The TinkerBell"
Lol Jokes!
i really have no idea lol
And it's not a gift, as im paying for it, but i need it now (Yes, it's not just for gaming!)

F3AR

Hey Sam,
I was wondering where you put your All your plugs asin, please take pictures and point out where you plugged in your 200MM fans and your RAM fan and your Temp probes on your Sentry 2, as i have all my stuff ready (YAY!!!)
And Then the Spartan shall Rise,
On Tuesday... :(
Damn noone being in on monday, DAMMIT badly :p

Anyway, Thanks as always :)

samx300

Enthusiast
Hey F3AR,
My Sentry 2 was installed by PCS during the build stage ;) I mean, I could've done it myself, but PCS have done a splendid job with all the cable management and connections on my fan controller. I'm not really sure as to what you expect me to do..I won't be able to take out the Sentry 2 from its 5.25" bay, but the installation is v simple :) Simply plug in the device to a molex power socket, and then use the 5 x 3pin/molex connectors that come out of the Sentry 2 - plugging all the fans into these 5 female sockets

I suggest you correspond the temperature probes with the fans, as it'll help you monitor the 4 main zones easily. These 4 zones being CPU/GPU/RAM and HD Bay.
In my case, I've got the GPU temp probe on the back of one of the cores on my GTX 590, and the corresponding fan controls the side air intake on the HAF X B-) For the Hyper X Fan, the best place to stick the temp probe is the Hyper X heat spreader (if you've got the Hyper X T1 that is..), and rest of my fans are all simply connected via the 3 pin fan connectors.. pretty easy to be honest :)
Youtubing will help you find some easy steps to set up your Sentry 2. I'll try and send some pictures in daylight soon.. Let me know how it goes and if you need more help.

Cheers

F3AR

Hey F3AR,
My Sentry 2 was installed by PCS during the build stage ;) I mean, I could've done it myself, but PCS have done a splendid job with all the cable management and connections on my fan controller. I'm not really sure as to what you expect me to do..I won't be able to take out the Sentry 2 from its 5.25" bay, but the installation is v simple :) Simply plug in the device to a molex power socket, and then use the 5 x 3pin/molex connectors that come out of the Sentry 2 - plugging all the fans into these 5 female sockets

I suggest you correspond the temperature probes with the fans, as it'll help you monitor the 4 main zones easily. These 4 zones being CPU/GPU/RAM and HD Bay.
In my case, I've got the GPU temp probe on the back of one of the cores on my GTX 590, and the corresponding fan controls the side air intake on the HAF X B-) For the Hyper X Fan, the best place to stick the temp probe is the Hyper X heat spreader (if you've got the Hyper X T1 that is..), and rest of my fans are all simply connected via the 3 pin fan connectors.. pretty easy to be honest :)
Youtubing will help you find some easy steps to set up your Sentry 2. I'll try and send some pictures in daylight soon.. Let me know how it goes and if you need more help.

Cheers

Lucky! Getting PCS to do the work. Pfft!
Anyway, i just wanted to be reassured that it was not as hard as brain surgery!

Thankyou for replying :)

Also, check out my suggestion in the suggestion forums!

F3AR

samx300

Enthusiast
Lucky! Getting PCS to do the work. Pfft!
Anyway, i just wanted to be reassured that it was not as hard as brain surgery!

Thankyou for replying :)

Also, check out my suggestion in the suggestion forums!

F3AR

Hey, no worries :) But trust me, installing the Sentry 2 is quite easy...you just need to figure out where to route the long wires and how to stick the temperature probes to the surface. Try and use your own sticky tape to keep the probes in one place.. The ones included in the box are useless and come off in a couple of days :-/ Keep me posted! :)

F3AR

Hey, no worries :) But trust me, installing the Sentry 2 is quite easy...you just need to figure out where to route the long wires and how to stick the temperature probes to the surface. Try and use your own sticky tape to keep the probes in one place.. The ones included in the box are useless and come off in a couple of days :-/ Keep me posted! :)

Trust me, i will have even more photos than you!
And in higher resolution, may i add :p

Also, thought i'd remind you, 16 GB :p

samx300

Enthusiast
Trust me, i will have even more photos than you!
And in higher resolution, may i add :p

Also, thought i'd remind you, 16 GB :p

Haha, I am looking forward to the pics mate, I do really love that lens on your dSLR :)

F3AR

Haha, I am looking forward to the pics mate, I do really love that lens on your dSLR :)

What lens? lol, unfortunately, my dad is taking the biggest dslr to brazil, so im stuck with the slightly less expensive version, it's a 50D i think.
it still costs f*ck loads though :p

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Great read, maybe the QC problem was the MSI GPU? hence why you might of received the INNO one?

+rep for post

samx300

Enthusiast
Great read, maybe the QC problem was the MSI GPU? hence why you might of received the INNO one?

+rep for post

Thanks! :)
I don't think the QC had anything to do with the GPU..From what I was told, it seemed like a boot issue relating to windows..they did something to/with the Mobo to fix it ;) Thanks for the REP :D

samx300

Enthusiast
I've been told to 'Clean Format' my new rig due to unexplained 'major issues with install of windows'. Great.

Where was QC and all of PCS's checks when Windows 7 was installed in the first place? I have had ownership of my rig for 16 days, and now I'm being told to format it? I'm sorry, but this has brought down my overall experience with PCS from a 9/10 to a poor 6.5/10 - and I will have to reflect this in my reviews elsewhere on the web.

I had originally contacted PCS Support regarding the 'high pitch noise from speakers and system freeze' issue. They asked me for some logs from the Event Viewer, I sent them - and a clean format is what I've been asked to do :(

Sucks really..especially when I haven't been told what the 'major issues' are.

Teaz

Godlike
You may aswell find something to backup your stuff. May sound silly but could it be the cause of an unstable oc?

jackh

Bronze Level Poster
samx, heres a challenge for you, find your computers limits, that is one insane machine, load up 9 games at once and see if its still playable

Gorman

Author Level
Looking through the logs they are clear during the period of QC and only introduce errors from different applications such as bit defender, steam, gfwl etc later on as more programs are installed. Sometime on the 21st services started stopping or not starting and non valid win32 application errors appear in the logs. This might cause instability it might not affect the machine at all.

When a machine does crash due to software or hardware it is not uncommon to hear a loud noise from the speakers.

A re-install has been suggested as it is more time effective than trying to hunt down what new application or driver has caused an issue, if that issue has reappeared and is causing on-going problems.

If you wish to reinstall and the problem is on-going then formatting the system drive is fine as long as you have any data backed up.

samx300

Enthusiast
You may aswell find something to backup your stuff. May sound silly but could it be the cause of an unstable oc?

I don't think its related to an unstable OC. I know that my PC is not 100% stable while priming, and it gives rounding errors, but PCS haven't even explained what the major install issues are...

So I'm still wondering what's gone wrong.. I wasn't happy to begin with, because PCS never tested my HyperX T1 at 2133MHz with their stable OC of 4.6GHz. They should've ensured that the RAM was functioning smoothly @2133MHz with the 4.6GHz OC right from the build stage. I know this because I brought it up, and PCS apologised. But unfortunately, apologies don't really help me fix my PC :(