The Nemesis - Pictures+Video+my experience with PCS

samx300

Enthusiast
Looking through the logs they are clear during the period of QC and only introduce errors from different applications such as bit defender, steam, gfwl etc later on as more programs are installed. Sometime on the 21st services started stopping or not starting and non valid win32 application errors appear in the logs. This might cause instability it might not affect the machine at all.

When a machine does crash due to software or hardware it is not uncommon to hear a loud noise from the speakers.

A re-install has been suggested as it is more time effective than trying to hunt down what new application or driver has caused an issue, if that issue has reappeared and is causing on-going problems.

If you wish to reinstall and the problem is on-going then formatting the system drive is fine as long as you have any data backed up.

Thanks Gorman,

Although, its a lot of work to clean install - I will do it over the weekend for the sake of a stable system.

I have been having serious issues installing BitDefender 2011, and the tech support were logged into my system for 2.5hrs trying to sort out the failing service..but they could't do anything..

I will get back to you on Sunday morning with a fresh pair of logs (after the reinstall) to ensure everything is smooth. Only once PCS Support confirms that the logs look good, will I install all my programs, apps, games etc..

Thanks,
SAM

samx300

Enthusiast
samx, heres a challenge for you, find your computers limits, that is one insane machine, load up 9 games at once and see if its still playable

Haha, I know its a pretty sweet machine - but I don't have any issues playing games (all the intensive ones included), or running day to day tasks such as movies, music, browsing etc.

In fact, I also scored 7.9 on all criteria of WEI! (Except 7.8 for the CPU). If a 4.7GHz Quad Core OC can't get 7.9 in WEI, I don't know what can!! ;) lol

samx300

Enthusiast
Goodmorning to fellow PC mates, and to Gorman and crew :)

I need your advice. I am planning to update my BIOS on the P8P67 Deluxe and wanted some tips before I do that. From what I've read, I need to restore my OC to default settings otherwise I risk some data corruption..My question is: If I save my current OC setting in a BIOS Profile and then reset/update the BIOS, would I be able to restore my OC from the profile that I saved?, or will everything be wiped clean?

Just so you know, BIOS 1606 (release 27/05/2011) for the Asus P8P67 Deluxe is available on Asus's Support website.

Release notes are substantial and I want to give it a go:
1. Enhance support for Game Port on old audio cards.
2. Enhance SATA compatibility
3. Enhance mouse/keyboard support under UEFI
4. Enhance USB2.0 / 3.0 legacy support
5. Enhance PCIE compatibility
6. Enable support of CAS = 4 DDRIII-1333 modules

Watch this neat video which explains flashing a new BIOS on the Asus P8P67 Deluxe:

[video=youtube;2s0TrScwdoE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s0TrScwdoE&feature=player_profilepage[/video]

I will be flashing the BIOS along with the Windows clean install on coming Saturday. Your thoughts/comments would be much appreciated :)

Cheers

Gorman

Author Level
When you update the BIOS all the profiles are reset, so you would lose the saved profile.

as far as i recall anyway

F3AR

I Don't get how you get 7.9 on all of them, yet i get 7.8 on everything apart from My SSD o_O

Also, i lost my Flight simulator x Product Keys :'(

And My COD 4 Disk is screwed, dammit :/

but atleast it's AWESOME @ 4.8GHZ :D

samx300

Enthusiast
I Don't get how you get 7.9 on all of them, yet i get 7.8 on everything apart from My SSD o_O

Also, i lost my Flight simulator x Product Keys :'(

And My COD 4 Disk is screwed, dammit :/

but atleast it's AWESOME @ 4.8GHZ :D

You got a 4.8GHz OC?!?!? Coooolll! What are the temps like?

Question though - are you getting a 7.9 on the CPU in WEI? Coz thats the only place I get a 7.8 with my 4.7GHz OC :(

F3AR

You got a 4.8GHz OC?!?!? Coooolll! What are the temps like?

Question though - are you getting a 7.9 on the CPU in WEI? Coz thats the only place I get a 7.8 with my 4.7GHz OC :(

Nope i got 7.8

and i recall the temps are around 29C - 32C when it's purring, and i haven't even tried to play a game, as my luck seems to be running low :(

But when prime 95 is on it's up to 34C- 37C i think :)

samx300

Enthusiast
Nope i got 7.8

and i recall the temps are around 29C - 32C when it's purring, and i haven't even tried to play a game, as my luck seems to be running low :(

But when prime 95 is on it's up to 34C- 37C i think :)

Ok, this is totally wierd!

How come my rig - on a 4.7GHz OC get around 30-34 while idling, and around 67-72 during stress tests? (on a Push/Pull config CoolIT ECO ALC)

Temps you reported seem....impossible! How can you get 37 during load??
What cooler are you using? Been knicking some liquid nitrogen from the lab, have you? ;)

F3AR

Ok, this is totally wierd!

How come my rig - on a 4.7GHz OC get around 30-34 while idling, and around 67-72 during stress tests? (on a Push/Pull config CoolIT ECO ALC)

Temps you reported seem....impossible! How can you get 37 during load??
What cooler are you using? Been knicking some liquid nitrogen from the lab, have you? ;)

I forgot to tell you my temp readers for my sentry 2 are near the fans, lol, im going to change them tonight :p

Also, BLUE FTW!

But i really need to get some games, mind posting me yours? :p

Actually, thats a good idea, we could all swap games XD

And it's not like we don't trust each other (i hope!)

samx300

Enthusiast
I forgot to tell you my temp readers for my sentry 2 are near the fans, lol, im going to change them tonight :p

Also, BLUE FTW!

But i really need to get some games, mind posting me yours? :p

Actually, thats a good idea, we could all swap games XD

And it's not like we don't trust each other (i hope!)

Ahh, okay..you scared me for a while there ;) Please tell us the 'actual core temps' using RealTempGT. That is accurate, unless you want the reading off your Mobo sensors.

Also, I'm quite happy to swap games ! :) I'm at work right now, will send you a full list once I'm back home. And I do have the Gold Edition for FSX, but its crashing with some stupid HID.dll error due to my Speedlink flight stick :(

Watch this space for a full list of games sometime today evening :)

Cheers

F3AR

You Have the gold edition of FSX, i would PAY you to send me your keys, i have it to, but i've lost the card with the keys on :'( (it's my Favourite PC game and ii'll even prove i have it :) )

samx300

Enthusiast
You Have the gold edition of FSX, i would PAY you to send me your keys, i have it to, but i've lost the card with the keys on :'( (it's my Favourite PC game and ii'll even prove i have it :) )

Well, if my FSX doesn't work after the Win 7 re-install, I will give you both my keys (FSX Deluxe + Accelerator Expansion Pack) :)
But we'll have to negotiate the price though! ;) Just kidding..

F3AR

Do you want anything in return, for "free" ofcourse :) Also, thankyou so much, and you can use the keys more than once, i have :)

So if you need help fixing FSX, im your man :)

samx300

Enthusiast
http://gyazo.com/ede10bc06e6f372e8941405e58e93692 Also, this is when im downloading, installing and un rar ing stuff :)

Ok, so the max temp does go up to 69-71... thats okay, because PCS probably set your LLC at Regular, and I have mine set at Very High/Extreme for a more stable OC. Changing the LLC (Load Line Calibration) profiles does lead to higher thermal values for the CPU..

And yea, of course, I need help fixing my FSX. Read this link for the issue I have:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/974816-error-running-fsx-sl-6640-a.html

The issue I have is the same as described in the link above, but of course, our specs and running processes/services are different. Not that the HID.dll has to do anything with other processes..but still..
Oh, also I have the same cheap flight stick mentioned in the link. Its from Speedlink.

samx300

Enthusiast
Do you want anything in return, for "free" ofcourse :) Also, thankyou so much, and you can use the keys more than once, i have :)

So if you need help fixing FSX, im your man :)

And just so you know, I've already tried unintalling the default HID drivers from Windows, and tried installing the Win 7 x64 drivers from the Speedlink website. No luck yet.

samx300

Enthusiast
I Think it's purely to do with the awefulness of the drivers for the http://www.amazon.co.uk/SPEEDLINK-B...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1307552671&sr=8-2

I would suggest going for this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-94...1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307552776&sr=8-1-fkmr1 for £3 more, i have it, and LOVE it! and it's literally plug it in and go :D you can also set the buttons, and trust me, it's AWESOME!

Okay, a bit surprised with your solution (buying a new joystick), because I thought you'd help me fix the whole HID error situation. lolz.. Its okay, I think I will go for this Logitech one..seems reasonable and the build quality is good (or so it seems) ;)

F3AR

Okay, a bit surprised with your solution (buying a new joystick), because I thought you'd help me fix the whole HID error situation. lolz.. Its okay, I think I will go for this Logitech one..seems reasonable and the build quality is good (or so it seems) ;)

I Really tried to help you fix it, but so many other people have had the same problem, that im 100% sure it's just bad firmware, and you could possibly return the joystick? :)

Sorry if my Solution sounds a bit " Oh, who cares if it's fixable, lets just spend some more cash!" , as i have looked for a solution, and it's obvious that that 'Joystick is cheap and Nasty. (in my opinion)

Also, Video is Uploading!

samx300

Enthusiast
I Really tried to help you fix it, but so many other people have had the same problem, that im 100% sure it's just bad firmware, and you could possibly return the joystick? :)

Sorry if my Solution sounds a bit " Oh, who cares if it's fixable, lets just spend some more cash!" , as i have looked for a solution, and it's obvious that that 'Joystick is cheap and Nasty. (in my opinion)

Also, Video is Uploading!

Yea, you are right mate..it is cheap and nasty ;) I am in need of a better upgrade coz I purchased this over a year ago.. and I actually bought it much cheaper than what it is on Amazon right now.

Waiting for that video! Cheers