messed up,please help quick

Sleinous

Author Level
Believe me, your sig will be a mile long before the month is out if you update it each time Gorman says something hi-larious ;)

greybing

the problems just keep mounting ,now when i do finally mac#ge to boot up,windows is on for a few seconds and i then get a blue system error screen....it then automatically boots up again successfully.....this has happened twice...i would do a re install if i could but i am unable to as i have stated in one of my other threads........this is getting utterly ridiculous now ,the whole situation,technical and social.the ammount of threads i have posted ,with the steady stream of mounting problems .... i feel like an utter retard,because i am.......there is a question i would like to ask though,theoretically ,could these problems[strange booting,blue system error screens, not booting games from disc but booting all other software] be caused by something other than a bad overclock..............there is something i havn't mentioned ,my system arrived back from rma afew days back and it would not boot, so i was directed by pcs on how to fix the loose cpu by re fitting it-whilst taking the cpu out it came out stuck to the cooler so i had to pull it off-in the process i bent a couple of pins ,i managed to bend them back and the cpu managed to fit snug in the socket without any forcing -my system booted up after this.and was stable for a couple of days..could this be manifesting the problems ,admitedly these problems did not occur initially.......i am sick of bothering with all this,whatever is the problem,be it bad overclock or bent bloody pins is down to my self.......

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
At this point it could probably be anything to be honest, I know you're having problems reinstalling, but that's really what you need to do, your system now sounds like it has a completely screwed OS, and without reinstalling, determining what the actual problem is could be a complete goose chase.

I know that probably doesn't help, but it's the only suggestion I've got.

Last edited:

greybing

You shouldnt be selecting any "optical drive" you should have CD/DVD drive set to boot priotiry one in BIOS. You then just switch the PC on, wait for Gorman's message to appear and hit a key (the bit where the dots appear one after the other).

the first boot up device already was the dvd drive

greybing

At this point it could probably be anything to be honest, I know you're having problems reinstalling, but that's really what you need to do, your system now sounds like it has a completely screwed OS, and without reinstalling, determining what the actual problem is could be a complete goose chase.

thanks............i could genuinely cry,i appreciate you're help.....all i can do at this point is wait till friday for my mate to try and help...........do you really thhink it is just the os,i hope it is just that

Shibin

Enthusiast
I guess you could call the tech support. But also telling us or the pcspec team about the cpu now after a bad overclock/os failure wont help i guess as your warranty is already void. Also the main thing is dont be hard on yourself, for all you know you could probably send it to a good pc repair shop and have it repaired for £60 or at-least diagnosed. My pc broke like 2 years ago and after a £60 repair from comet i had it back good as new. Ofc main thing is to call the pc spec tech support line and i guess they have steps to check what the problem is.

Good luck dude and i really hope you pull through...stay positive.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
If you've broken it, we'll be happy to have a look at it for you, and possibly restore it back to it's original condition, but due to the overclock and tinkering the repair will be chargeable.

Before we proceed with this route, try a re-install. And don't worry too much, it's not too difficult to fix. :)

greybing

thanks.....thoretically how much would a repair cost,,,i suppose it depend s on what is wrong ,whether anything needs replacing etc...or is it a set ammount,

greybing

did a full re install, and formatted the drive,, i still can not boot games from disc ,i can install them from disc , i can install other software from disc,i just can not boot and play games from disc -as before the re install and format ,i can still play games from steam.....so what are the options now ,and what is causing the problem....and if it were sent to be fixed to you guys i'd really need a figure, i am totally skint ,it took me months to save up for this pc and now it appears to be partly screwed.......oh and gorman about the problem i had doing the re install before ,after pressing f8 and choosing optical drive,you said there would be a prompt to press any key,well...here's the thing ,there was no prompt the screen was totally black but i pressed any key any way and obviously it worked ,so maybe as a result of my display the prompt was off screen...who knows......doesn't really matter anyway ,i still have the same problem after the re install and formatting of my hdd....options

Rakk

The Awesome
.and if it were sent to be fixed to you guys i'd really need a figure, i am totally skint ,it took me months to save up for this pc and now it appears to be partly screwed.......

This would probably depend entirely what was wrong with it, and whether it could be fixed by just a new reinstall, resetting everything to default settings and making sure everything is plugged in correctly or whether something has been broken and needs replacing.

Gorman

Author Level
Options?

• speak to one of our call centre guys, the room full of tech savvy people we employ for scenarios such as this
  • Book it in for an RMA after speaking to our tech guys who will also be able to let you know if any costs will be involved

And yes, the prompt screen was there :p Maybe you couldnt see it for whatever reason, but it was there.

Score one for Gorman.

greybing

Options?

• speak to one of our call centre guys, the room full of tech savvy people we employ for scenarios such as this
  • Book it in for an RMA after speaking to our tech guys who will also be able to let you know if any costs will be involved

And yes, the prompt screen was there :p Maybe you couldnt see it for whatever reason, but it was there.

Score one for Gorman.

yeah thats what i was saying,we were both correct,it was there ,it just wasn't on screen,so id say we were even...and thanks again for anyone who has tried to help

Last edited: