I cannot see it being 10 days

Rakk

The Awesome
It was still in QC, which after a day or so would usually mean there was an issue somewhere. As much as I want them to concentrate on finishing my PC, would have been nice to have some kind of notification to say it'll be a bit longer. When it first entered QC, I thought it would be 2 days till dispatch, tops.

Remember if they have to mail/inform you whenever there's a slight delay, they'd never have time to actually get the building/testing/QC done :)

TudorVII

Enthusiast
Remember if they have to mail/inform you whenever there's a slight delay, they'd never have time to actually get the building/testing/QC done :)

True, but I imagine adding a note to the order would take about 2 minutes, which I'm sure could quickly be done while a test or installation is running. Just something as small as "HDD/Mobo failed, re-testing" would let me know it's going to be a little longer, and I wouldn't need to ring support to try and find out more, when they know the same as I do. Wasting my time and support's time, not to mention other customers' time who may have been in the call queue after me.

luksla

Bronze Level Poster
True, but I imagine adding a note to the order would take about 2 minutes, which I'm sure could quickly be done while a test or installation is running. Just something as small as "HDD/Mobo failed, re-testing" would let me know it's going to be a little longer, and I wouldn't need to ring support to try and find out more, when they know the same as I do. Wasting my time and support's time, not to mention other customers' time who may have been in the call queue after me.
It's possible they're unsure as to why it failed and are testing it all to find the problem.

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
I got a text at 08.49 this morning saying my pc will be delivered between 08.55 & 09.55 today, so i laid back in bed, then heard reversing lights jumped out of bed & there was the DPD van, this was 08.55 bang on
The delivery driver struggled with the box then placed it on top of my front garden wall to balance while he closed his van doors...very proffesional
I have to report that my Haf X case was dented on the top of the case, the honeycomb fan at the rear was pushed inwards? PCS say it could have been caused in transit!!!
Other then that the wife commented on how big it was then she saw the Haf x case :) wow what a monster she said, Ive added a Red led fan into the side to show of the inside a bit more.
I'll do a proper review soon with photo's.

Astute

Bronze Level Poster
Ah my hopes of it getting through Testing, QC and Dispatch in a day were a bit ambitious, didn't get through to testing so tomorrow will be its 4th day in Building despite being built and no components missing (and assuming it doesn't get into testing in the next hour). Not sure I could get Saturday delivery even if I could pay for it now :p Hope I get it on Monday, which would mean all 3 stages happening tomorrow (might be a bit ambitious again) :) We shall see :D

Rezza

I got a text at 08.49 this morning saying my pc will be delivered between 08.55 & 09.55 today, so i laid back in bed, then heard reversing lights jumped out of bed & there was the DPD van, this was 08.55 bang on
The delivery driver struggled with the box then placed it on top of my front garden wall to balance while he closed his van doors...very proffesional
I have to report that my Haf X case was dented on the top of the case, the honeycomb fan at the rear was pushed inwards? PCS say it could have been caused in transit!!!
Other then that the wife commented on how big it was then she saw the Haf x case :) wow what a monster she said, Ive added a Red led fan into the side to show of the inside a bit more.
I'll do a proper review soon with photo's.

Wow, that delivery dude sucks, i would have drop kicked him, lol.

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
I never saw him damage my pc, it could of happened anytime, now ive gotta try & bent the top out slightly its not noticeable, but i know its bent.
The Haf x is like a giant suitcase unbelievable

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
Tom, no damage to the box at all, Ive managed to get the dent out now, i removed the top part of the case & pushed the inside part of the fan cover outwards so now it looks more contoured.
Ive added an extra disk drive & led fan, anyone else got the dual radiator water cooler?, I have that & 3 fans going, but my fan controller is only showing me 3 fans are connected when ive got 5? Its the Nzxt fan controller,also do i need to add another 2 fans to the empty fan slots above the dual radiator?
Its the Haf X case

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Tom, no damage to the box at all, Ive managed to get the dent out now, i removed the top part of the case & pushed the inside part of the fan cover outwards so now it looks more contoured.
Ive added an extra disk drive & led fan, anyone else got the dual radiator water cooler?, I have that & 3 fans going, but my fan controller is only showing me 3 fans are connected when ive got 5? Its the Nzxt fan controller,also do i need to add another 2 fans to the empty fan slots above the dual radiator?
Its the Haf X case
Hi RogueTainer,
I have also ordered the Haf-X (Still in the building stage), Tom recommended me to get a top fan for the Haf-X which I believe was the megaflow 200mm http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/cooling/r4-lus-07ar-gp.html
I sent it to PCS to get it fitted to my unit but they assure me it was easy to do.
I am curious if the side fan is illuminated or not

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Its the Haf X case

The CPU fans are not included in the fan controller, they can be, but not recommended, the wires for these are usually only long enough to reach the CPU fan slot

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
Hi RogueTainer,
I have also ordered the Haf-X (Still in the building stage), Tom recommended me to get a top fan for the Haf-X which I believe was the megaflow 200mm http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/cooling/r4-lus-07ar-gp.html
I sent it to PCS to get it fitted to my unit but they assure me it was easy to do.
I am curious if the side fan is illuminated or not

Rubensolo, i had to replace the side fan as its a basic clear fan, i replaced it with a red led coolermaster fan really lights the case up.
I didnt know if you could have the dual radiator water cooler installed with the 2 200mm fans above it as well?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Rubensolo, i had to replace the side fan as its a basic clear fan, i replaced it with a red led coolermaster fan really lights the case up.
I didnt know if you could have the dual radiator water cooler installed with the 2 200mm fans above it as well?

That sucks!!! I though it will come with a red led fan. Was it difficult to replace the fan? I think the top fans should be able to fit regardless of the water cooler installed but I may be wrong. I'd also be interested in knowing the exact model for the side fan.

Last edited:

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
The red led fan is a coolermaster 200*200*30mm like tom showed you, the fan took 2 mins to change simple, ill put photos on here soon

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The red led fan is a coolermaster 200*200*30mm like tom showed you, the fan took 2 mins to change simple, ill put photos on here soon
So the same fan can fit at the top of the case or be a side fan as well?
Looking forward for the pictures!

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
You have 1 200mm fan at the side, & room for 2 more of the same size on top, but ill look about on the web to find out if i can install another 2 200mm fans with the dual radiator as well

Astute

Bronze Level Poster
Just to verify, if I were to ring up today before 5 and change to Saturday delivery, it would get here for tomorrow, right? Might be able to, can't decide if it's worth it or not considering I don't have much of an income

EDIT: Never mind, I just realized it has to stay in QC for 24-48 hours and it just went in - not much hope of dispatch today then :p

Last edited: