Screenshots!

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Ohh dear :( so far I've added a camaro, dodge charger and Nissan GTR :D
Yeah when i found out how to do it i went on a bit of a spree to the fact that i had none of the original vehicles, i even traded the faggio for a shopping cart :), i might try it again next weekend but relax a little with the vehicles. I also had icehancer 4, have you got any of the graphic mods?

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Ive just decided to delete all my gta 4 files and mods and start again, thanks to your screenshots i just really want at least one decent car mod and just drive around :)

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Well I personally use fraps and take screenshots in BMP file format, open them up in photoshop and save them as a JPEG, I find that saving it as a jpeg drops quality a fair bit but that's the best quality I can seem to get so far, I will give you a heads up if I find a better way.

lewishollings

Bright Spark
I was told to use fraps, will it be better quality than the steam screenshot for skyrim?

yes, fraps is the best way :) and haha yes it will, steam takes screenshot's as a JPEG which is a low quality file, BMP file format is uncompressed and is true to life quality, so you will see what you saw when you were playing basically.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
yes, fraps is the best way :) and haha yes it will, steam takes screenshot's as a JPEG which is a low quality file, BMP file format is uncompressed and is true to life quality, so you will see what you saw when you were playing basically.

One thing I don't understand about Screenshots is say I have a brilliant desktop that plays everything at 100fps, but my LCD HDTV lets me down quality wise as it's quite a poor display, will that be reflected on my screenshots or will it be based on my actual desktop's quality. I assume it'll be whatever's on my screen seeing as it's a 'screenshot' but I thought there might be a way to enhance the quality to it's true potential based on like your GPU. For some reason the LCD tv I'm currently using isn't even 1080p -.- the resoltion is like 1768x992... So I assume if I take a screenshot that's how it's gonna come out?

steaky360

One thing I don't understand about Screenshots is say I have a brilliant desktop that plays everything at 100fps, but my LCD HDTV lets me down quality wise as it's quite a poor display, will that be reflected on my screenshots or will it be based on my actual desktop's quality. I assume it'll be whatever's on my screen seeing as it's a 'screenshot' but I thought there might be a way to enhance the quality to it's true potential based on like your GPU. For some reason the LCD tv I'm currently using isn't even 1080p -.- the resoltion is like 1768x992... So I assume if I take a screenshot that's how it's gonna come out?

The screenshots are not created by the monitor and so should not be limited by the monitor. However if you are only running at 1768x992 that will be the resolution the screenshot is taken at I'm afraid.

lewishollings

Bright Spark

Screenshots are not effected by your monitor, it will be based on the resolution you're taking it in so if you are running it in 1768x992 then that will be the resolution of the image, so no, the monitor won't effect the outcome of the image, just like steaky said :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Sweet cheers guys. I guess I'm making my own screenshot website then for special people with 1768x992 monitors then seeing as ALL my desktop wallpapers end up fudging up even if I try to fit them x) I swear I need to go back to my old tv, I swear that was 1080i at least.

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
If your looking for a monitor Grimezy then i would say get the iiyama monitor, they're quite cheap and very good quality :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster

Bargain! Definitely gonna look one of those up. I really need to start saving for my Audi A3 though...

If your looking for a monitor Grimezy then i would say get the iiyama monitor, they're quite cheap and very good quality :)

Do they come in 32inch? x)

P.s. I'll shut up now, I've hijacked the screenie thread.