Assassin's Creed Unity

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Just watched a Video of someone playing it on SLI GTX 970's but his framerate was mostly in the 55fps.

I couldn't get AC:BF to run at a constant 60 but that was because of physix, which i just switched off then got about a constant 61 fps. Hoping its just the same issue here.

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
I've heard there are some SLI issues as there are some that report a higher frame rate with 1x 980 as apposed to 2x 980's! Again difficult to verify as haven't seen any reputable persons reporting this as if yet.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
We can compare on Friday,

I'll try it out with a Single 970 your GTX 980 then SLI 970s, will be interesting to see how it compares :)

FusRoDah

Gold Level Poster
How's the skybox looking? Completely turned me off from Black Flag..... Hope they've employed someone who uses something better than MS Paint to make it this time around =)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Will do, just watched total biscuits and im worried lol

[video=youtube;SgpzT5V5Mgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgpzT5V5Mgs&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ[/video]

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
Well tomorrow's the big day. Still seeing lots of negativity drowning out the positivity but I'm hopeful!

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I'm starting to feel like a mug. However would i still buy the game knowing all the flaws? Yes. Probibly

Total Biscuit is right, why should we preorder games? Theres no real benifit. There not usually that much cheaper etc.

We should start up an honest review section on the PCS froum where we can search for a game and give our own honest comments and we will know that we can trust each other.

Im also making a pledge here and now that i will never pre order another game.

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
Well it's arrived and I'm installing it (disk 2 of 5 so far). Of course it's probably going to be all for nothing as we've all seen the videos and the complaints but I will still post up my own findings here later.

I agree a review section here might be good because there are mixed reviews out there (although most are bad ones for ACU regarding its current state).

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I'm starting to feel like a mug. However would i still buy the game knowing all the flaws? Yes. Probibly

Total Biscuit is right, why should we preorder games? Theres no real benifit. There not usually that much cheaper etc.

We should start up an honest review section on the PCS froum where we can search for a game and give our own honest comments and we will know that we can trust each other.

Im also making a pledge here and now that i will never pre order another game.

Done :p

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
I will post something up later in more depth with pictures and videos...but suffice to say I'm playing with all settings on Ultra High and with TXAA on and the lowest I've seen the FPS dip to was 45...it's mainly holding around 50. Looks stunning as well! Not saying that people aren't having problems but I can't say I am...yet!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I will post something up later in more depth with pictures and videos...but suffice to say I'm playing with all settings on Ultra High and with TXAA on and the lowest I've seen the FPS dip to was 45...it's mainly holding around 50. Looks stunning as well! Not saying that people aren't having problems but I can't say I am...yet!

Weird, TotalBiscuit was running 2 980's and it dropped to 17fps in some places. And that was on high! Perhaps he was missing a driver, as well as all the other people with problems

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
I think the problem is when people are running 2 GPUs maybe? I only have the 1 GTX 980 and although I haven't made it to Paris yet, Versailles is still very populated and the lowest I've had was 45 FPS. Indoors I get around 50-55 FPS. I'd probably get higher if I turned the graphics down but I want to play with everything turned on!

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I remember Physix being a main culprit for weird frame rate in black flag so turning that to low or off might help.

Never noticed TB had changed his machine, he was rocking titans last time i checked. He does say that in the video though so you are correct wozza

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
My wife and son are back from the children's centre now so I'll have to post up a video later. It's definitely promising though I can't vouch for other people's problems but it's more than playable at the highest settings.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
OH NO!!!

Wasn't a smooth start i must say,

1) I set the game to download this morning and it only downloaded upto the Playable part of the download so i could only test the first part
2) Game started with Nvidia Experience settings however when i went in it was set to medium was getting about 90 FPS so unlike Black Flag this game doenst appear to have a frame lock.
3) Adjusted the settings upto Ultra High and thing started going wrong, steady at the 90s still and 120 at some points but random stops down to 7.
4) Restarted the game and jumped back in and the game upto the Playable point was excelent, sitting between 100 and 90 fps lowest being 67 at a populated area with smoke etc. Bearing in mind im not in amongst crouds on NPC's yet.
5) Havent found any settings regarding physix yet, not sure if thats because of my set up, wrong version of physix or something perhaps.

Game looks beautiful though, deffinatly better than black flag in my opinion, the character model looks much more detailed.

I'll keep you posted with my progress later on today.

p.s im still using SLI for test purposes.