Assassin's Creed Unity

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Anyone know if this will be available for pre download? Got the 14th off as its my birthday so I'd like to have a bit of a blast on it before I go out.

Hmm maybe on steam but i've never had a pre load for a ubi game yet.

Oh the game was taken off steam :(

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
Can't wait till ACU comes out I've already preordered my copy and season pass! :rockon:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I don't see the hype anymore for AC, it just seems to be more of the same each time. A new map to explore but it still has the same fighting mechanics as the original games. There doesn't seem to be any progression and they continue to make the multiplayer which lowers the enjoyment of the singleplayer/story because more time is spent on multiplayer.

Anyway that's just my opinion.

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
I think the new one might be ok from the reviews it says a lot of the mechanics have changed for the better including climbing and combat. Also no more ships but tbh I've also preordered Rogue on PS3 as I still liked ACBF but the ship thing does get a bit boring after a while...

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
They are very similar but i find the story extremely enjoyable and the game visually pleasing. I do get what you mean though, the third one was terrible boring story and i just ended up youtubing the ending.

Multiplayer is now gone saddly as l liked that too, it was different, like extreme hide and seek

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
The story is the best part I find. The modern day story has gotten a bit weird but I still love it! :tt1:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
They are very similar but i find the story extremely enjoyable and the game visually pleasing. I do get what you mean though, the third one was terrible boring story and i just ended up youtubing the ending.

Multiplayer is now gone saddly as l liked that too, it was different, like extreme hide and seek

AC3 was the point where I gave up on the franchise and no multiplayer is also great news for me, perhaps a purchase of this one may be back on the cards

Good to hear that reviews are saying some of the core mechanics have changed for the better.

bigben

Master Poster
That sucks because my internet is well slow. Never mind, maybe I'll buy the disk.

Assassins Creed is the only game I ever get hyped about now. I'm glad that they changed multiplayer for coop, I've thought that it would be awesome in coop since the first game. Also it's definitely a good thing that they've changed the fighting mechanics because it does get repetitive.

Tbh I wish they'd just drop the modern day story or make it completely optional. It was a little less intrusive on Black Flag but I still got fed up getting taken away from hacking and slashing so that I could hack some computer etc. Would have been much better if I could have just told John where to go...

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
The modern day story started getting good in AC2, which is still one of the best game endings ever in my opinion. I liked ACB too but ACR was a bit of a slap dash job and AC3s ending was a bit poor but obviously done to keep the franchise alive. I'm hoping they do something good with the modern day story this time as I didn't like the ACBF modern day bits that much they were a bit stupid.

Time anomalies look mad though! That might be fun but it also looks very strange to be fighting Nazi planes on the Eifle Tower!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Not having a go Wozz, but I don't get how people can see no progression in the series. There are so many more mechanics, tricks and playstyles now. AC was a great game, but it did lack some variety. Compared with other series that do just repackage the game each time without really advancing anything (not going to name names here...), I think Ubi have actually tried with each game to make it different, both the large scale (see naval combat) to small scale (see the way the assassin climbs/move around).

Most of the stuff stays the same, because it is meant to...it's the same idea, but it is still one that I will buy on release, because I know what I am going to get PLUS I know it'll be something more to boot.

Of course, my opinion :D

(Disclaimer: Now put it BACK ON STEAM!)

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
Lol well seeing as my avatar proves I'm a fan of AC I have to agree with DeadEyeDuk. The series has got better but the important parts have stayed the same. ACU is going back to the roots of the game - assassinating and stealth rather than pirates and all out combat. Should be a good game!

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I lost interest in the story when it went first person. It was awesome jumping around sky scrapers as Desmond.

I feel that there must be more to Desmond's story, as lame as it is perhaps we are a clone of him as there are no mirrors etc in Black Flag so we do not know who we are. I feel like so much effort was put into Desmond that writing him off completely would be a bad choice. Perhaps he is still in the Animus somewhere or as lame as it is cloned.

I feel that the assassin's creed itself is a bit meh compared to Altiers times, back then it was all "Nothing is True and Everything is permitted" etc, now it feels like anyone can be an assassins. There's no discipline etc.

Finally Altier and Ezio's storys seemed intertwined, Ezio continued what Altier started and then it just seemed to be forgotten about, 3 and 4 just didn't seem to relate or link back to the original story.

These are things i really just want brought in and hopefully Unity will deliver for me.

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
I think Unity is supposed to be the beginning of a new story arc. ACBF and Rogue are kind of in between stories that were put together because Unity wasn't ready and they like to get 1 game out per year to make money unfortunately. Plus they wanted to capitalise on the ship thing that people liked in AC3. Unity will hopefully start a whole new story arc but still set within the same AC universe.

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Not wholly unexpected though is it? Reminds me, still need to preorder Unity and FC4...and Dragon Age...wait, is that going to be Origin only?

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
Not too bothered about this. I've already preordered my copy from Amazon as it was cheaper than on Uplay!

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
The Assassin's Creed Unity app is live, on Android anyway, you can link it to your Uplay account and start doing the mobile missions much like the boat missions on AC:BF where you send your assassin's to do task as time goes by. Theres also some puzzles to do.

If you start now might give you a bit of a head start with cash and brotherhood before the games release on Friday.

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
I've already done some of the training missions. I'm looking forward to Friday although some people are having problems most of them are trying to run this game on rigs that are below the minimum specs and those who claim to have decent rigs that say they're getting poor results are probably lying about their specs. Reputable sources with similar rigs to mine have reported no major issues, other than occasional frame rate drops in crowded areas and on cinematics but this is to be expected with a game this size.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I've already done some of the training missions. I'm looking forward to Friday although some people are having problems most of them are trying to run this game on rigs that are below the minimum specs and those who claim to have decent rigs that say they're getting poor results are probably lying about their specs. Reputable sources with similar rigs to mine have reported no major issues, other than occasional frame rate drops in crowded areas and on cinematics but this is to be expected with a game this size.

Yeah just noticed it actually requires some in game work to progress, doing the Sinte Chapelle over and over getting 60 coin a go to get extra cash.

I've been looking at reviews from people one site the reviewer complaining about trying to run the game with everything maxed out on his gtx 780, i commented saying that Nvidia recommends the following settings and not to expect a GTX 780 to run the game at max.

Never got a comment after that.

Nvidia's blog on the game is pretty good and desciptive about what you should be dont to get the game running best for your system, well GPU wise anyway.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/assassins-creed-unity-graphics-and-performance-guide

To maintain a minumum of 40 FPS

1920x1080 AA AO Bloom Env. Quality Shadows Textures
GTX 980 TXAA HBAO+ On Ultra High PCSS Ultra High
GTX 970 TXAA HBAO+ On Ultra High PCSS Ultra High
GTX TITAN Black TXAA HBAO+ On Ultra High PCSS Ultra High
GTX TITAN TXAA HBAO+ On Ultra High PCSS Ultra High
GTX 780 Ti 2xMSAA HBAO+ On Ultra High PCSS High
GTX 780 FXAA HBAO+ On Very High PCSS High
GTX 770 FXAA Off On High High Low
GTX 680 FXAA Off Off Low Low Low

Pleb

Silver Level Poster
Yeah I've seen the Nvidia sites recommendations and will use those as a basis to get the right settings for the best performance. It certainly doesn't seem quite as bad as the release of Watch Dogs but as always there are teething problems. At least our friends across the pond have tested it out for us so hopefully some of these will be fixed by Friday perhaps! :D