Gta 5

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hey guys,

Sorry to get back to the issue of my computer performance problems but i just ran GPUZ and it says that my bus interface is

PCI-E 3.0X16 @ x8 x 3.0.

When i highlight it says supports X16 but is running at X8

Could this be a problem or is this normal?

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
OMG, it says the same in Nvidia control panel.

Maybe i have them in the wrong slots?

EDIT, i can confirm the GPU are in PCIx16 1 and PCIx16 2

Last edited:

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Ok this is what my screen show

Untitled.png

And i have the GPU's in the top two PCI slots in the computer, but cant find any obvious way of changing it.

Spuff

Expert
I know on my Maximus VI hero if you have something in both of the two 3.0x16 sockets each thing in them will run with 8 lanes. This is stated in the manual (in my manual first section 'Expansion Slots'). My board which is marketed as a gaming board does not seem to think this is an issue.
I'm not sure if my GTX 970 was using 16 lanes before I put a PCIe drive in the second socket, but in any case the fps of my 970 does not seem to have gone down and if it was always running at 8 lanes I don't think it would have performed better running with 16.

Last edited:

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Hmm, apparently it doesn't make much difference according to Linus. He says they should both run at x16 though. But meh

With the 1150 socket the CPU can only support something like 28 PCI lanes, so it can run them in x16, so it downgrades it to x8. Although it shouldn't make a difference for gaming, so probably not the issue

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
OK changed a few settings in the BIOS to Gen 2 instead of Gen 1 and something to M.2 instead of M.1 and also in the power menu i set if to high performance instead of balanced within windows and also set the Nvidia control panel to high performance not power save and i can now bechmark with averages of 70/80 with 1440 settings and most things up high. In game im also crusing arround at about 60/70 fps with only dips every now and again.

Not sure which setting or a combo of all but its working amazing now.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
The key that says "HOME" on your keyboard think it might be number 7 on your laptop, you need to switch of the num lock to use it

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
I don't really get GTA Online. There doesn't seem to be a purpose to being able to free roam. Killing random other online players who aren't looking to fight you? Boring and pointless. Holding up stores? Boring and pointless.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Clearly you haven't played with a group of friends. Without friends, I agree its not really that much fun. But with friends, you can do heists, missions or just tear up the city in a chopper.

Plus like any game it gives you the ability to show off a high rank or your showroom of cars and penthouse apartment.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Having now finished the final mission, I really enjoyed the SP, having not really played GTA since San Adreas, and even then not a lot (last properly played was GTAIII on the PS2!!!).

I can definitely see myself clearing up all the SP bits at some point - races, other side bits and bobs - but just can't see me spending a lot of time Online, possibly for the same reason as Slim, there doesn't really seem to be a point, an end goal.

I do understand what a Sandbox is, but as this one is attached to a cracking story driven SP game, it just doesn't feel quite the same as when you are being sarcastic as Michael, trying not to die as Franklin and generally being insane as old Trev. Something about doing all the things in Online as a character you create oddly doesn't feel as absorbing/meaningful.

That, and I still have a craptonne of other things still to play, GTA:O just seems a step too far to me :)

steaky360

I'd add to Wozza's point and say that its pretty much essential to play with a group is paramount - playing on your own is a little dull imo because the monotony that can build in the 'sandbox environment' isn't broken by intermittent storyline (as in the SP) but with friends you can team up and get up to all sorts of shenanigans.

grimsbymatt

Enthusiast
I was unsure about it too, but as soon as my mate joined my game and we jumped into the same car and started shooting stuff up, it became a whole load of fun. You can join strangers on jobs via the invite system on your phone (and can even join heists before being the required level to start heists), but it's not as fun and they don't tend to chat, so there's no strategy. I have joined a load of races, but I'm not nearly as good as people who've gamed a lot more than me, so that can get a bit dull.

If you can get a group together who will go through the story elements of online, completing all the missions and heists together, I imagine that would be the best way to play and amazing fun.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I was unsure about it too, but as soon as my mate joined my game and we jumped into the same car and started shooting stuff up, it became a whole load of fun. You can join strangers on jobs via the invite system on your phone (and can even join heists before being the required level to start heists), but it's not as fun and they don't tend to chat, so there's no strategy. I have joined a load of races, but I'm not nearly as good as people who've gamed a lot more than me, so that can get a bit dull.

If you can get a group together who will go through the story elements of online, completing all the missions and heists together, I imagine that would be the best way to play and amazing fun.

A group of friends and I did all of the heists together and it was the most laughs I've had in ages

LFFPicard

Godlike
You could just go for a Sunday drive in a truck with a friend like I did :)

[video=youtube;t4R9wKzRnfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4R9wKzRnfg[/video]