Defective Sandy Bridge Chipset - Update 1

Maestro

We will be getting the fixed versions of the H67 series boards next week hopefully, together with the new H61 chipset mobo's. Also the SABERTOOTH P67 (New revision) has now landed.

Hasta

Oh wow, the new fixed boards are here already? :eek:
I did read about them being shipped early this month but I was expecting a late March - early April before I could order, hey ho I'm a happy man :D

I've managed to save some more money towards a new system whilst waiting and it came around a lot quicker then I expected :) Just one question though. Is the added option to SLI the only difference between the P67 and P67 pro board? (as I don't plan on having more then one graphics card)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I've managed to save some more money towards a new system whilst waiting and it came around a lot quicker then I expected :) Just one question though. Is the added option to SLI the only difference between the P67 and P67 pro board? (as I don't plan on having more then one graphics card)

Pretty much the only benefit of the P8P67 Pro board over the P8P67 is SLI.

Dudey

We will be getting the fixed versions of the H67 series boards next week hopefully, together with the new H61 chipset mobo's. Also the SABERTOOTH P67 (New revision) has now landed.

Quality! Can't wait, so excited :D

I think about my computer order nearly every day, how sad am i? :p

went quicker than expected though

Last edited:

Luckless

Just to double check something that must be so obvious I'm an idiot!

When I ordered my PC I agreed to having a defective Sandybridge mobo but with all the uneffected ports used to prevent degradation.

However in my build list I noticed my mobo is listed as: ASUS® P8P67 PRO (NEW REV 3.0): QUAD USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s

I take it then that my mobo currently sitting in my machine is the new stock? :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Just to double check something that must be so obvious I'm an idiot!

When I ordered my PC I agreed to having a defective Sandybridge mobo but with all the uneffected ports used to prevent degradation.

However in my build list I noticed my mobo is listed as: ASUS® P8P67 PRO (NEW REV 3.0): QUAD USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s

I take it then that my mobo currently sitting in my machine is the new stock? :)

That's correct - you will have the new revision 3 motherboard that's not affected the the Sandy Bridge chipset issue. :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
...any update on this? I am getting so tempted to change my order...

The P8P68 and P8P67 PRO and Sabretooth rev 3 chipsets are in stock now. The H67 are a little delayed still, we're hoping to see small quantities of stock in the next week.

oimee

the H67 was listed yesterday but now it has dissapeared! does this mean there is a delay in getting the stock in?

tdar

does that delay affect orders of the Vortex II? Ive been wondering why I am still in pre-production since i placed my order the day the order page was up!

Meds

Nah, this is all desktop components - nothing to do with Laptops. We did have a rush of orders though when we launched the new Laptops, lost of people eager to get their hands on them like yourself. We're working through all orders as quickly as we can without jeopardising quality.

oimee

got this info regarding H67 mobos from live sales help:

"they will be back on the website on Monday under a different section, I believe we are dropping the H55/P55/P57 chips completely and there will be a few new options on there"

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Might be a numpty question, but sort of topical.

What exactly is the difference between the P67 and H67?

I've Googled etc but yet to find an "answer"...just lots of babble that I dont actually understand! :)

Cheers

DED

JamieJF

I ordered a Sandy Bridge PC with the Rev 3.0 H67 motherboard on Tuesday, when they appeared, how is this going to affect the order. Will it just be held up until the Motherboards come into stock?