17.3" VYPER GAMING LAPTOP

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry I missed the backpack message, it's amazing indeed, very good quality and plenty of pockets to fit everything in. I'm very happy I chose that one.
I've had mine for about 6 years, use it really often, it's been around the world and I usually carry 2 laptops and an iPad in it along with cables, still looks brand new, no freying or broken zips. Fantastic backpack.

CyberTony

I've had mine for about 6 years, use it really often, it's been around the world and I usually carry 2 laptops and an iPad in it along with cables, still looks brand new, no freying or broken zips. Fantastic backpack.
That makes me even more happy to hear that from you, using it for six years around the world and looking brand new I'm speechless, It is really great quality then, which is worth every single penny. I checked online actually after I made the order and owners give very good reviews about this backpack. Looks like designed and built with material to last for life

CyberTony

And as promised earlier, I'm uploading the screen shot taken on hardware monitor when i was doing system update, and as you can see the CPU temps are not displayed

Attachments

• temps during system update.png
    temps during system update.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 380

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
And as promised earlier, I'm uploading the screen shot taken on hardware monitor when i was doing system update, and as you can see the CPU temps are not displayed
there is no point taking temps while system in idle you would need to put it under proper stress test and then show temps, you can try hwinfo instead of hwmonitor to check temps, run cinebench r15 or fire strike /spy time and then check temps please, this is nothing and normal for every system, gpu temps are low because you never put gpu under pressure or under gaming but dont worry it wont pass 70c anyway. cpu thats the most concerning thing, please when you get a chance try run thoose benchmark programs and let us know, enjoy your new beast it looks amazing!!!!

CyberTony

there is no point taking temps while system in idle you would need to put it under proper stress test and then show temps, you can try hwinfo instead of hwmonitor to check temps, run cinebench r15 or fire strike /spy time and then check temps please, this is nothing and normal for every system, gpu temps are low because you never put gpu under pressure or under gaming but dont worry it wont pass 70c anyway. cpu thats the most concerning thing, please when you get a chance try run thoose benchmark programs and let us know, enjoy your new beast it looks amazing!!!!
I get your point but as I've mentioned, the other recent owners were experiencing high temps during setting up the system and system update and I wasn't having that issue at all, that's why I posted it for you guys to make some things clear. Thanks a lot for the tips, I will install them now and see how it performs and then I will post the results.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I get your point but as I've mentioned, the other recent owners were experiencing high temps during setting up the system and system update and I wasn't having that issue at all, that's why I posted it for you guys to make some things clear. Thanks a lot for the tips, I will install them now and see how it performs and then I will post the results.
It does appear that temps won’t be controlled until all drivers are properly configured on this chassis. In your case you’d set it up correctly with drivers.

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
you can try only cinebench r15 for now, its light and very quick test to check temps under cpu load and how ur cpu behave, let us knowhow you get on

CyberTony

And here are the results guys

Attachments

• Temps right after the cpu test on cinebench r15.png
    Temps right after the cpu test on cinebench r15.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 430
  • Cinebench r15 results.png
    Cinebench r15 results.png
    866.1 KB · Views: 403

CyberTony

Here are the other results of Cinebench r15

Attachments

• Open GL result.png
    Open GL result.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 312
  • Temps after Open GL Result.png
    Temps after Open GL Result.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 317

CyberTony

on these tests I activated fan boost at moment I started to install cinebench r15 and hwinfo then ran the tests

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
thx, score is very impressive! But its not everything! temps, as expected, it should not really throttle (with fan boost) at cinebench but I believe, you did not undervolt cpu yet didnt you? Could you also check those temps and voltage as on the pic bellow for me after you ran a test? This will give us more idea to point you in right direction with undervolt settings. I am also interested how much average power it cosumes
1589627511355.png

also if you could check this after test as well to see what is max speed of clocks, how much it goes down when it throttles and up on full load?
also to check VID
1589627815506.png

Delanno

Hey, guys!
I have just received my new Vyper III 15.6.
>I am very happy with the laptop. For now I am still setting it up.
I would like to know where I can find the software to manage the keyboard colors and the fans, if you guys can help me, it would be great.
thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
thx, score is very impressive! But its not everything! temps, as expected, it should not really throttle (with fan boost) at cinebench but I believe, you did not undervolt cpu yet didnt you? Could you also check those temps and voltage as on the pic bellow for me after you ran a test? This will give us more idea to point you in right direction with undervolt settings. I am also interested how much average power it cosumes
View attachment 16135

also if you could check this after test as well to see what is max speed of clocks, how much it goes down when it throttles and up on full load?
also to check VID
View attachment 16136
There's no need for an undervolt, he's nowhere near thermal limit.

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
There's no need for an undervolt, he's nowhere near thermal limit.
but he is throttling on core 2, with fan boost activated on cinebench, which is not heavy testing tool, when it comes down to AAA games it will be much worst, with stutters and tearing once cores will start throttling and speeds go down because they will.
I know those temps are still ''normal'' for this machine, but nobody wants to run laptop hot, the cooler it gets the longer it will live. There is no way this cpu in those chassis would not thermal throttle on stock settings, at full load.
But it also depends on what is laptop beign used for, I have always been concerning myself from the past about cpu temps as we talking about BGAs laptops so I am a bit sensitive when it comes to cpu temps always.

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
How comes those temps are so different from the other test we saw before on the same machine ?
the other test I believe have been using spy time and fire strike, different testing programs, cinebench r15 is basic quick testing tool for cpu and also gpu but much lighter than spy time or firestrike

CyberTony

And here is time spy result with the link below.

After giving the result it was showing on top driver not approved, but after making and enquiry online found out that it just means the driver has not received WHQL certification from Microsoft yet. There is nothing wrong with the driver

Sorry guys, I know these are not very accurate details but I'm trying to set up everything in mean time, I promise I will post more accurate tests and live results of the tests, If you know any other tools helpful for these tests I would be so grateful to you.

I attached the hwinfo results just for you guys to check the max reults of both time and clock of CPU RAM AND GPU, but are not right after the test. After the test CPU was running just under 4GHz for a while

Attachments

• time spy test result.gif
    time spy test result.gif
    564.1 KB · Views: 322
  • cpu max clock.png
    cpu max clock.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 307
  • cpu max temp.png
    cpu max temp.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 288
  • ram and gpu.png
    ram and gpu.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 292

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
but he is throttling on core 2, with fan boost activated on cinebench, which is not heavy testing tool, when it comes down to AAA games it will be much worst, with stutters and tearing once cores will start throttling and speeds go down because they will.
I know those temps are still ''normal'' for this machine, but nobody wants to run laptop hot, the cooler it gets the longer it will live. There is no way this cpu in those chassis would not thermal throttle on stock settings, at full load.
But it also depends on what is laptop beign used for, I have always been concerning myself from the past about cpu temps as we talking about BGAs laptops so I am a bit sensitive when it comes to cpu temps always.
The thermal limit on that cpu is 100c, that's at 91 Max so it hasn't thermal throttled, I know it's flagged that it's thermal throttled, but I would hazard a guess that that's an error on HWMonitors side.

The frequency it hit was just as high as the rest of the cores also, so it's definitely not thermal throttling.

These 10th series chips have 3 tiers of boost performance and I reckon it's registering anything over 90c as thermal throttling when it's not even close.

CyberTony

View attachment 16135

also to check VID
View attachment 16136
No I haven't undervolt my CPU, what you see it is 100% machine as I got from PCS

CyberTony

Hey, guys!
I have just received my new Vyper III 15.6.
>I am very happy with the laptop. For now I am still setting it up.
I would like to know where I can find the software to manage the keyboard colors and the fans, if you guys can help me, it would be great.
thanks!
Hi ,
DELANNO

congrats for your laptop, I've received mine yesterday and very pleased with it.
You can download "Control Center" literally in the : TECH SUPPORT --- DOWNLOAD content on your PCS account.

Enjoy your new laptop