Brand new laptop, games are totally unplayable

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you’re having to hack the graphics drivers to install there’s something wrong with windows or the driver file. I would suggest a reinstall of windows, there’s something not right going on.

hezzlington

Bronze Level Poster
If you’re having to hack the graphics drivers to install there’s something wrong with windows or the driver file. I would suggest a reinstall of windows, there’s something not right going on.
I did a reinstall of windows yesterday and it made no difference unfortunately, although it did keep personal files (deleting all the games etc).

Would you suggest a total wipe/clean install?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I did a reinstall of windows yesterday and it made no difference unfortunately, although it did keep personal files (deleting all the games etc).

Would you suggest a total wipe/clean install?
That’s not a reinstall, that’s completely different (a reset).

A reinstall would be the next thing to try.

hezzlington

Bronze Level Poster

Attachments

• restart.PNG
    restart.PNG
    19 KB · Views: 171

hezzlington

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, if that doesn't work then it suggest something wrong with the GPU.
im more inclined to think its the GPU tbh, Battlefield 4 really was glitching out (you can see what was happening to the trees in that video) I think actually after installing correct drivers, it made the stuttering worse.

The driver that came with the laptop is not in the release history for that graphics card which is really strange.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
im more inclined to think its the GPU tbh, Battlefield 4 really was glitching out (you can see what was happening to the trees in that video) I think actually after installing correct drivers, it made the stuttering worse.

The driver that came with the laptop is not in the release history for that graphics card which is really strange.
We were trying to install a driver direct from nvidia but it was saying incorrect windows version which is why I think there’s an OS issue. A reinstall is a good step while waiting for PCS to open.
Think an RMA may be unavoidable, but might as well troubleshoot in the meantime.

hezzlington

Bronze Level Poster
We were trying to install a driver direct from nvidia but it was saying incorrect windows version which is why I think there’s an OS issue. A reinstall is a good step while waiting for PCS to open.
Think an RMA may be unavoidable, but might as well troubleshoot in the meantime.
The USB stick is now ready. I partitioned all the drives, installed on the remaining space and it keeps taking me back to the install page after it restarts.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Once you’ve got windows installed, let windows update install all drivers except control center and nvidia, control center from your PCS downloads and nvidia from nvidia.

hezzlington

Bronze Level Poster
Once you’ve got windows installed, let windows update install all drivers except control center and nvidia, control center from your PCS downloads and nvidia from nvidia.

Yeah its wiped all my drivers so cant connect to internet atm unless via ethernet.

I cant find control centre in the downloads section in pcs account.

How do i stop it downloading nvidia? It does that automatically

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah its wiped all my drivers so cant connect to internet atm unless via ethernet.

I cant find control centre in the downloads section in pcs account.

How do i stop it downloading nvidia? It does that automatically
It will automatically instal the windows driver for nvidia, then just install the latest package from nvidia.

You'll need to manually install the wifi driver then from your PCS account.

Don't worry about control center at the moment.

hezzlington

Bronze Level Poster
Ive downloaded the drivers but it cant run them. I need winzip oe something. I cant find wifi card in device manager.

I'm assuming 06_LAN is the wifi driver? its not obvious from the file names...

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ive downloaded the drivers but it cant run them. I need winzip oe something. I cant find wifi card in device manager.

I'm assuming 06_LAN is the wifi driver? its not obvious from the file names...
LAN is "Local Area Network" that's your ethernet port.

You can use 7zip to extract files: