Anyone placed an order lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlas

Enthusiast
Yeah still in testing at the moment, either want to be super carful, or it had a glitch that needs reworking lol, just my luck 😂

Charlas

Enthusiast
I'd go with a glitch sadly - but would be a very good thing they find it now than it be delivered and having to send back within a week! Maybe they found and sorted it today, and will do a 2nd stress test again overnight tonight?
Yup fingers crossed ;) but rather it fails with them than with me for sure

Charlas

Enthusiast

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200609-222542_Chrome Beta.png
    Screenshot_20200609-222542_Chrome Beta.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 162

Charlas

Enthusiast
Boomshakalaka! Fingers crossed it will be in your hands tomorrow?
With a little luck 😊😁, had a mare this evening, raid server dropped a drive, no problem usually, have spare, wondered why the hot spare hadn't started rebuilding... Turns out the brand new (well been in the chassis completely unused for 18months) hot spare failed as well, luckily segate are replacing them under warranty (best part of iron wolfs) but had to order a new one anyhow to get the performance back, as it doing on the fly parity reconstruction was killing performance (obviously)

Aaah well been an expensive couple. Months lmao....

Charlas

Enthusiast
Lmao, suffice to say it hurts to pay nearly 500 quid for a hard drive that segate are going to replace anyhow lmao, aah well least have two spares now, one hot, one cold

Charlas

Enthusiast
I was reading about testing and it's the actual process of installing the software etc (I thought this would qualify as 'build' beforehand), so I imagine mine could have the software installed during the day and what I would call 'testing' takes place overnight - ah well we will see.
Yeah mine went into testing late afternoon couple days ago

briggm

Bronze Level Poster
Yup I'll do a couple, unpack and initial, then once had a chance to put through paces I'll do some detailed stuff.

That's great, thanks.

If you get a chance could you check whether there's a MUX switch in bios to select between iGPU, dGPU and Optimus?

And also if you get the option in bios to set it so pushing the button next to the power switch maxes the fans (instead of cycling through power modes)?

Enjoy your new laptop!

D

DeletedUser

Nice! I’m still on Building so hopefully tomorrow morning it can go into Testing early and be waiting Dispatch later that night

It will likely be in testing till the following morning....I believe they stress-test them for 24 hours (could be wrong...my fast-track build back in January had a 24 hours testing period....started testing Tuesday morning, finished Wednesday morning and sent for dispatch in the afternoon)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It will likely be in testing till the following morning....I believe they stress-test them for 24 hours (could be wrong...my fast-track build back in January had a 24 hours testing period....started testing Tuesday morning, finished Wednesday morning and sent for dispatch in the afternoon)
It's also my understanding that the 'testing' phase is a 24 hour soak test and thermal monitoring.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Mine has just entered Testing this minute, woop!! It’s getting closer!!! Time to go on PC Building Simulator and excite myself even more!

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Just spoke to Live Chat as it was kind of confusing, they confirmed they have some staff working before and after working hours due to the amount of orders they have, so that would explain the random update times :)

Charlas

Enthusiast
1591784280324.png

Assume will go out today :)

Hopefully, my RAID will have rebuilt by the time gets here, and can crack on with some real work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.