Anyone placed an order lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strummer

I placed my own order a few days ago now, and I was wondering if PCS are managing to keep anywhere near their normal lead times etc...?

I would imagine that parts are slow to source at the moment as well as a hundred other issues they may be facing...

I am just curious and in no way chasing or stressing!

I am currently guilty of doing the "just check to see if the status has changed" every couple of hours.....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I placed my own order a few days ago now, and I was wondering if PCS are managing to keep anywhere near their normal lead times etc...?

I would imagine that parts are slow to source at the moment as well as a hundred other issues they may be facing...

I am just curious and in no way chasing or stressing!

I am currently guilty of doing the "just check to see if the status has changed" every couple of hours.....
The current estimates which you get when ordering are based on current orders. Most I think are being done between 12 and 18 days.

Drennor

I bought a PC recently. It went into pre-production on 24th April and was dispatched by 1st May. Despite Coronavirus this has been the fastest I've ever had an order completed! I guess I got lucky on all the components being in stock :D

mamp

Ordered my (all parts in stock) laptop on 8th May and am still in "Pre-Production" unfortunately on the 18th.

I'm thinking I will be lucky to see it in May now. Although the estimated lead times state 9-11 days for laptops, when I messaged them it was estimated 3-4 weeks before going into production, so 15-20 working days + testing + delivery.

Think I have up to 14 days to cancel my order though. I avoided chassis that were out of stock until late May / early June which I needn't have done now. Perhaps I will cancel my Vyper and go for a Defiance.. got a few days to decide still.

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
Ordered top spec liquid series - took 15 working days from order to delivery. Arrived in a non working condition (was apparently easy fix). Delivery of fixed PC tomorrow (ordered 3rd of April) - so build and RMA pretty much same time frame for me.

Strummer

Ordered my (all parts in stock) laptop on 8th May and am still in "Pre-Production" unfortunately on the 18th.

I'm thinking I will be lucky to see it in May now. Although the estimated lead times state 9-11 days for laptops, when I messaged them it was estimated 3-4 weeks before going into production, so 15-20 working days + testing + delivery.

Think I have up to 14 days to cancel my order though. I avoided chassis that were out of stock until late May / early June which I needn't have done now. Perhaps I will cancel my Vyper and go for a Defiance.. got a few days to decide still.

I ordered mine 07-05-2020 08:53, and still in pre-production too. 8 working days in pre-prod..... around the average.

Vaio

Enthusiast

If you ordered on the 8th of may then you're still well within the estimated lead times, it just looks long on paper, but in reality it's only 6 working days that have past so far, if you don't count your order day.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you ordered on the 8th of may then you're still well within the estimated lead times, it just looks long on paper, but in reality it's only 6 working days that have past so far, if you don't count your order day.
Yes, that’s right, working days are Monday to Friday and don’t include bank holidays.

Strummer

Spoke to PCS this morning, and was told that "the production time at the moment is approximately 12 to 14 working days... So it should be built in the next few days "

My email after ordering on the 7th May indicated "We are now processing your order and we currently estimate the delivery lead time to be 12 to 14 working days for PC orders "

So, they seem to be handling everything on, or close to, their schedule for desktops.

Yay! (Day 9 today, so with some fortune and the blessings of the PC gods, might get it next week)

Vaio

Enthusiast
Spoke to PCS this morning, and was told that "the production time at the moment is approximately 12 to 14 working days... So it should be built in the next few days "

My email after ordering on the 7th May indicated "We are now processing your order and we currently estimate the delivery lead time to be 12 to 14 working days for PC orders "

So, they seem to be handling everything on, or close to, their schedule for desktops.

Yay! (Day 9 today, so with some fortune and the blessings of the PC gods, might get it next week)

Keep us posted, I ordered mine on the 11th May and is currently on the 6th day. I'm assuming it'll go into build early next week according to the estimated times. So hopefully.. get it end of next week, if not, then it'll be first week of June, which is also my birthday week so that will be fitting :p

dean89

Bronze Level Poster
I’m looking at buying a new PC from here but think I might wait until the trading all settles down etc, wouldn’t want Mr rushed off his feet DPD guy chucking my freshly built PC lol

danhar827

17 days for me, the wait is murderous! (not a complaint as I knew the Nova was out of stock until the 25th).

I tried to just get a PDF of the welcome book, give me at least something, but no luck!

Very desperate I know!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

The 14 day right to cancel is after you receive it, you can still cancel anytime right up until 14 days AFTER you receive the laptop :)

Vaio

Enthusiast
Just me notice the % of desktops dispatched within 14 days has dropped from something around 80% to 48.48% ?

I saw this too...my heart sank lmao.. if that is the case then it'll definitely be 1st week of June if testing goes fine.

dean89

Bronze Level Poster
I saw this too...my heart sank lmao.. if that is the case then it'll definitely be 1st week of June if testing goes fine.

guessing they are more then likely running on half staff etc due to what’s going on in the world at the moment 😞

steaky360

guessing they are more then likely running on half staff etc due to what’s going on in the world at the moment 😞
PCS posted an official update regarding Covid a little while ago.

Their timescales as posted when ordering are based on actual recent timescales. So any posted timescales should be reasonably accurate (or maybe honest is the correct phrase?). PCS can't affect the availability of components but from what I've seen in the configurator most products are still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.