RTX 3080

Same. I guess I’ll just wait and pretend my 2.5k didn’t leave my bank account over a month ago. I paid less deposit for my car. Yowza
Would be nice if we got a bit more transparency like if you go to other websites they tell you what orders they have what's coming what's gone out etc very informative

Last edited by a moderator:

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Would be nice if we got a bit more transparency like if you go to other websites they tell you what orders they have what's coming what's gone out etc very informative
Totally. Anything would help. It’s the unknown that’s the worst.

Communication breakdown. It’s always the same. Havin’ a nervous breakdown. Drive me insane! *guitar solo*

Last edited by a moderator:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
We're back into visible and invisible queues again! ;)

I do understand the desire for more information, what you call transparency, and whilst I have no inside knowledge at all I rather suspect that PCS can't provide more information because they don't have any to give. If they were getting a regular and reliable supply of 3080 cards then they might be able to better predict wait times and each customer's current status, but it seems they're not getting regular or reliable supplies (still) and thus any forecasts they make are likely to be wrong. When you have nothing useful to say it's better to say nothing.

I do wonder how accurate the forecasts that other websites are giving actually are? Until someone orders from one of these other websites we'll never know. It's very easy to post good-looking information on the web but it's much more difficult to post reliable and accurate information. PCS's automated build time forecasts are built on just-in-time stock delivery and when that stock delivery process fails the automated systems are thrown into chaos. I suspect that they just don't have the staffing levels to be able to immediately replace these automated systems with reliable real time forecasts - especially since the 3080 delivery channel seems to be unreliable still.

I have to say, and this isn't meant to be patronising, but I am impressed with the very stoic and (dare I say?) British manner in which everyone is handling what I know is a hugely frustrating wait. All I can tell you is that from what I'm hearing PCS are just as frustrated at not being able to better serve you.

Green_Day

We're back into visible and invisible queues again! ;)

I do understand the desire for more information, what you call transparency, and whilst I have no inside knowledge at all I rather suspect that PCS can't provide more information because they don't have any to give. If they were getting a regular and reliable supply of 3080 cards then they might be able to better predict wait times and each customer's current status, but it seems they're not getting regular or reliable supplies (still) and thus any forecasts they make are likely to be wrong. When you have nothing useful to say it's better to say nothing.

I do wonder how accurate the forecasts that other websites are giving actually are? Until someone orders from one of these other websites we'll never know. It's very easy to post good-looking information on the web but it's much more difficult to post reliable and accurate information. PCS's automated build time forecasts are built on just-in-time stock delivery and when that stock delivery process fails the automated systems are thrown into chaos. I suspect that they just don't have the staffing levels to be able to immediately replace these automated systems with reliable real time forecasts - especially since the 3080 delivery channel seems to be unreliable still.

I have to say, and this isn't meant to be patronising, but I am impressed with the very stoic and (dare I say?) British manner in which everyone is handling what I know is a hugely frustrating wait. All I can tell you is that from what I'm hearing PCS are just as frustrated at not being able to better serve you.
I spoke to PCS on Friday regarding my build. I am in the same boat as everyone else, ordered on release day and I was a wee bit frustrated.
Basically, as you say, the supply of the chip to the card manufacturers has been handled abysmally.
Nothing to do with PCS, who have been trying to get their hands on these since day 1. All PC suppliers will be the same, regardless of what they say on their sites.
They are still getting supplies in dribs and drabs, but its impossible to say for sure when builds will happen. He acknowledged that the automated email was "not helpful" !!
I did ask if speccing down would be worthwhile (not something I want to do anyway), but apparently the lower spec cards are now in very short supply so you would be looking at the new year for what would be a poorer spec build.

Finally, I asked "what would you do in my position?" and he said - "I would wait, they will come, and your build will be done in order............we just cant say when".

Fair enough, and they are clearly as frustrated as the rest of us.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I’ve reserved myself to the fact that I may not have it before Christmas. Which is heart breaking in many ways but totally uncontrollable.
I can remember getting my order through at 14:01 on launch and thinking “wow that was easy!”. How wrong we all were.

Yeah, I have come to accept that is going to be the case globally we are dealing with something that is unpredictable.

My concern is at the minute with my build is cost fluctuations over time? Especially with the fact we have a black Friday sale upcoming. Am I going to lose out on special offers etc. More minor concern, empathising the minor is the promotions that should be with the build for example the the watchdogs legion code am I still going to be eligible for those promos?

Not had the chance yet to get round to ringing them to ask those questions as I have been busy with work myself throughout this year. So this build is somewhat of a gift to myself for getting through 2020.😂

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Yeah I have that same concern. AC and Watchdogs are on my build and considering both likely cost 50 each it would be a nice saving getting them free.

On a side note it is still great having the forum here and people posting updates so we know that SOME are getting their builds which only helps move the queue along in my head. Those around the same order date as me means I can at least see the finish line.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
My guess is other pc companies are in the same boat. I phoned around other shops to see if any 3080 are available to no joy. Same story, out of stock , don't know when next stock comes in and one said that if I preorder todayI may get it on Feb 2021.
The I got my own gpu option for the PCS build will be very unlikely. I'm probably better off to stick to PCS build with rtx 3080 preorder with 5900x build and wait patiently

Bren

I spoke to people at my local electronic store who advertised like a week ago they could deliver into store so went to enquire turns out they didn't realise they couldn't even get any stock until sometime next year/ around Christmas and only one person had received an order from them out of I think out of the say the 5/6 they advertised...

Of course the frustration is gonna be crazy you've spent alot of money and sometimes waiting is the hardest thing to do especially when you don't hear anything but just think how lucky you are one you've managed to get in the que and two you're not in the same boat as me, ordered just an upgrade on 2:02 for the 3080 and I think it was last week or the week before I got a phone call from my surgery team as long as the UK dosent get worse where I live im having surgery on my left shoulder sometime start of next month pre op tomorrow which will roughly take 1-2 years just to recover my right one I can use but it's still stiff and that's nearly 2 years in so I'll be giving my pc that's I've had for like 3-5 months to my cousin to enjoy with the 3080 while I sulk at home knowing he's enjoy it for like a year 😂 (I forgot I put myself for surgey until they called last week so it came as a shock as it's a 6 month- year waiting list)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I think it was last week or the week before I got a phone call from my surgery team as long as the UK dosent get worse where I live im having surgery on my left shoulder sometime start of next month pre op tomorrow which will roughly take 1-2 years just to recover my right one I can use but it's still stiff and that's nearly 2 years in so I'll be giving my pc that's I've had for like 3-5 months to my cousin to enjoy with the 3080 while I sulk at home knowing he's enjoy it for like a year 😂 (I forgot I put myself for surgey until they called last week so it came as a shock as it's a 6 month- year waiting list)
That doesn't sound much fun. I hope all goes well for you. :)

GarCul

Will be happy when its shipping but Just got an email to say I've gone into building !!! Hoping this is not an automated email but moved from 27 working days pre-production to in building. Fingers crossed !!!!!!!

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Will be happy when its shipping but Just got an email to say I've gone into building !!! Hoping this is not an automated email but moved from 27 working days pre-production to in building. Fingers crossed !!!!!!!
Amazing news congrats. Did you order bang on launch day?

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I'd login to your PCS account and it should show that it's in building on the Order Details screen. That'd confirm whether or not it's an automated email.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I'd login to your PCS account and it should show that it's in building on the Order Details screen. That'd confirm whether or not it's an automated email.
Yeah exactly this. I am still getting the automated emails but nothing has changed on my account order. 14:01 launch day. Must be something else out of stock for me now.

GarCul

What’s the rest of your build parts wise?
Nothing out of the ordinary tbh. Its intel based with aorus master mb. Didn't go for the cooler that a lot of people on here were saying had issues supply wise. When I was chatting to them they a couple of weeks ago they said everything was there bar the 3080. Don't know what the criteria is. Got the mail just after 8am so maybe the first worker in just grabbed my spec first. Its very early in the day, hopefully there's more good news for others and also I don't remain in build for the next 2 weeks..... ha...... I shouldn't even joke about that....😬