Thinking of dipping my toe into the gaming pool

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok so I've been looking through the epic games store at the free games and came across this Rogue Company which looks cool :D however in the tags it says multi player, so my question is can you play this as a solo player, any advice appreciated (or do i just download & install it and take a look)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Ok so I've been looking through the epic games store at the free games and came across this Rogue Company which looks cool :D however in the tags it says multi player, so my question is can you play this as a solo player, any advice appreciated (or do i just download & install it and take a look)
I believe that's multiplayer only, don't think it has a solo mode.

The free version of Counter-Strike on Steam has an offline mode with bots if you want to get some practice in at a first person shooter without fear of ridicule and humiliation.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I believe that's multiplayer only, don't think it has a solo mode.

The free version of Counter-Strike on Steam has an offline mode with bots if you want to get some practice in at a first person shooter without fear of ridicule and humiliation.
cheers, I used to go out with a woman whose youngest son played counter strike in one of the leagues

Gavras

Master Poster
now signed up to steam as well
Make sure you enable 2FA for your gaming accounts (Epic, Steam etc).

Also if not been mentioned follow this thread.

there are a fair few online free games, some are not good for learning and some have incredibly toxic player environment and cheating (aim assist etc).

Try these as well, great for 15 mins and can play against AI, World Warplanes is also an easy intro to flying stuff.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Cheers guys, all this is greatly appreciated(y)

On the subject of Halo, the university i used to work at did degrees in stuff to do with gaming, and we used to have a life size model of the guy from Halo on display in one of the buildings till we got a new vice chancellor who didn't like it so she had it moved

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
FYI...... the pool is shark infested, has no deep end and the slope leading into it is VERY slippery.

Hell mend you if you try on a VR headset and play something decent 😂

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
FYI...... the pool is shark infested, has no deep end and the slope leading into it is VERY slippery.

Hell mend you if you try on a VR headset and play something decent 😂
Been there done that as one of my nephews has a vr setup, driving a Toyota LMP1 car round the grand prix circuit at Brands Hatch was quite impressive :D :ROFLMAO:(y)

Gavras

Master Poster
Meh....nothing beats physically walking around the Brand Hatch Grand Prix circuit o_O One of my Secondary school friends had a Dad whose company had a hospitality area at Brands for the truck racing....so we got to spend the whole event in a hospitality area and then got allowed access to the track afterwards to walk round it....nothing beats kicking a Coke can down the steep bits :ROFLMAO:
Yep definitely.

Have done a couple of 5km runs (as in on foot) around Imola (Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari).

on the VR side of things, they are brilliant training aids for track days.

spending a week or so doing the likes on Nurburgring or a UK track on VR or screen, really saves on cash and you get an idea of layout bends, straights etc.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

there are a fair few online free games, some are not good for learning and some have incredibly toxic player environment and cheating (aim assist etc).

Try these as well, great for 15 mins and can play against AI, World Warplanes is also an easy intro to flying stuff.

2FA sorted on both accounts

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Keep updating the thread! I want to track your journey from non-gamer to absolute pwnage 😆
Ok todays update

signed up there, I'd already installed world tank blitz via epic
Plenty of good suggestions there. I would also recommend Xbox Games Pass for PC....whilst normally it is £7.99 a month, you get the first month for £1 so you can try plenty of games. My personal recommendation for a shooting game would be Halo.....I rarely play shooting games as I am pretty rubbish at them but, once I found Halo, I couldn't stop playing....in the space of about 6 weeks, I have completed the 6 main Halo games multiple times. They can be a tad frustrating at times (especially the odd driving mission) but well worth it

Paid my Quid and downloading Halo Master chief collection Started last night but made the mistake of putting PC to sleep so had to resume this morning!

Ordered this of Amazon this morning, thought it might make life easier https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08GFZ891L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Downloading the Master Chief Collection was an awesome decision :D I would suggest that you start off on "Easy" rather than "Normal" on the first one (Halo: Combat Evolved), at least till you get the hang of it....I started playing it on Normal until I go to the 4th mission then rage quit as I couldn't manage it...restarted on easy, got through it all without too much trouble (the odd level is tougher), played through all the rest then went back and managed it on normal relatively easily. I am pretty poor at shooters but have got better as I played through it all.The stroyline as it progresses through all the games makes any difficulty more than worthwhile

I would play the games in the order they were released rather than timeline order (Halo: Reach is set before Halo 1 but was released after Halo 4)
Cheers for the advise, I'll let you know how it goes (y)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So is this the order to play them @Nursemorph or does Reach come after 4

Halo List.png

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It does get confusing when they list it like that as, while Reach was produced sometime after Halo 4 was released, the actual events in the game directly precede Halo: CE. But then you will be going from a relatively recent game like Reach to a near 2000 game like Halo 1 and the graphics differences...although Halo has been remastered so looks more modern (I was swapping between remastered and the original to complete an Xbox achievement and the difference is night and day!)

Halo 3:ODST and Halo Reach aren't actually part of the Master Chief's story, even though they are in that collection....ODST is set around the same time and location as Halo 3 but with completely different characters....Reach is what happened on the Planet Reach before the Master Chief first arrived in Halo 1.

Hope that all makes sense?
Yeah, thanks for your help
just one more quick question, where do you set easy/normal, is it once you select the campaign?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Dont give up just yet, but another good thing about watching some Youtube videos on 'initial gameplay' is you get to see how they do it :D :D

LOL....