Any 3D game crashes my entire pc.

Iraklis Pazios

Bronze Level Poster
If the wires don't have connectors then it would seem that you can't sadly.
It seems I could just slide the connectors off. So it definitely works now (it stopped working again about an hour ago so I decided to go through with the battery removal). I took the entire thing off. But now the pc is performing horribly. Which I don't understand. Since when does the battery improve performance?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It seems I could just slide the connectors off. So it definitely works now (it stopped working again about an hour ago so I decided to go through with the battery removal). I took the entire thing off. But now the pc is performing horribly. Which I don't understand. Since when does the battery improve performance?
In what way is it behaving horribly?

Iraklis Pazios

Bronze Level Poster
Got to be a dud GPU then it sounds like.
But if plug in the battery, then sometimes it works at perfect performance, sometimes crashes my pc. That doesn't make sense.
Also something completely new is that it shows gpu usage at 100%, which never happened before, but temperature at 35C

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm susprised it's not behaving normally on the power brick alone. That makes me wonder whether it's the GPU?

The GPU usage worries me too.

Have you checked whether it crashes when on battery alone?

I'm inclined to think there is some sort of hardware issue there and since it's only games that cause crashes that would point to the GPU as well I think.

Iraklis Pazios

Bronze Level Poster
I'm susprised it's not behaving normally on the power brick alone. That makes me wonder whether it's the GPU?

The GPU usage worries me too.

Have you checked whether it crashes when on battery alone?

I'm inclined to think there is some sort of hardware issue there and since it's only games that cause crashes that would point to the GPU as well I think.
It doesn't crash on battery alone. Plugging in the PSU while playing games would crash the pc sometimes.
Basically
Only Battery= Low Performance, low GPU usage.
Only PSU= Low Performance, High GPU usage.
Battery+PSU= Sometimes it would work perfectly, sometimes crash.

I don't even know...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It doesn't crash on battery alone. Plugging in the PSU while playing games would crash the pc sometimes.
Basically

I don't even know...
There's something very strange going on there, I have no idea what but it's definitely a hardware issue.

I would arrange an RMA (you can do it through your online account) and point PCS to this thread so they can see the steps you've taken which will help them when they're troubleshooting.

It's just plain odd!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Basically

I don't even know...
I think it's hardware too. BUT, since it doesn't crash on battery, can you unplug the power brick and set the Windows power setting to High Performance so that it should run at max performance. See how it performs then.

FerrariVie

Super Star
There's something very strange going on there, I have no idea what but it's definitely a hardware issue.

I would arrange an RMA (you can do it through your online account) and point PCS to this thread so they can see the steps you've taken which will help them when they're troubleshooting.

It's just plain odd!
You mean RMA it again, right? According to him, PCS has already changed his motherboard, so how come he has another bad GPU??

I think it could be a PSU issue? When on battery it should work well for a while because it might be using the battery to provide full power to the system, since the PSU has some issue?

If you're going to RMA it again, make sure that they use your own PSU this time.