Any 3D game crashes my entire pc.

Iraklis Pazios

Bronze Level Poster
You mean RMA it again, right? According to him, PCS has already changed his motherboard, so how come he has another bad GPU??

I think it could be a PSU issue? When on battery it should work well for a while because it might be using the battery to provide full power to the system, since the PSU has some issue?

If you're going to RMA it again, make sure that they use your own PSU this time.
Yeah I also have a feeling it may be the PSU. But...I dunno.

Iraklis Pazios

Bronze Level Poster
The charger!
Without the charger, it doesn't matter what settings I put, the pc won't work on maximum performance. I have made sure to put every setting possible to maximum performance and use NVidia card and not the integrated card but it still works with minimum performance. That's what i meant when i said "No battery, PSU (the charger)= Low performance, low GPU usage.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Without the charger, it doesn't matter what settings I put, the pc won't work on maximum performance. I have made sure to put every setting possible to maximum performance and use NVidia card and not the integrated card but it still works with minimum performance. That's what i meant when i said "No battery, PSU (the charger)= Low performance, low GPU usage.
I think you have no option but to RMA it then. Sorry.

Iraklis Pazios

Bronze Level Poster
I know this info will be useless, but as of now, i put the battery back in, and after crashing a few times, i let the pc run for a good 10 minutes on idle. Ran borderlands 3 just fine on highest settings. This is the pinnacle of frustration because other than waiting for 10 minutes or so, I did nothing different. But that's not something I haven't done before either.

Edit: I closed the game, laucnhed it again, it crashed this time....Wha
Edit2: Launched again, it worked. Nothing makes sense.

Last edited:

Iraklis Pazios

Bronze Level Poster
Okay, I actually found a consistant fix for this. Trust me, you are not prepared for this insanity.
1. Turn on pc, wait a minute or two.
2. Launch Borderlands 3, it won't crash. Period.
3. Close Borderlands 3.
4. Launch the game you want to play. It won't crash.

This.....Is the most absurd fix for anything ever. I cannot believe my own two eyes that this works 100% of the time.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Okay, I actually found a consistant fix for this. Trust me, you are not prepared for this insanity.
1. Turn on pc, wait a minute or two.
2. Launch Borderlands 3, it won't crash. Period.
3. Close Borderlands 3.
4. Launch the game you want to play. It won't crash.

This.....Is the most absurd fix for anything ever. I cannot believe my own two eyes that this works 100% of the time.
So the waiting after switch on allows it to work? If you load the game immediately after switch on does it always fail?

This is definitely hardware, my guess would be that whatever is flaky (the GPU?) is OK once it's warmed up. It may not stay that way for good though.

Iraklis Pazios

Bronze Level Poster
So the waiting after switch on allows it to work? If you load the game immediately after switch on does it always fail?

This is definitely hardware, my guess would be that whatever is flaky (the GPU?) is OK once it's warmed up. It may not stay that way for good though.
Nono, I have to specifically launch borderlands 3, then close it, then launch the game I want to play. Just waiting to launch something isn't enough. I HAVE to launch borderlands 3 for games to play.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Nono, I have to specifically launch borderlands 3, then close it, then launch the game I want to play. Just waiting to launch something isn't enough. I HAVE to launch borderlands 3 for games to play.
Then (and I'm guessing of course) there's some feature (probably of the GPU) that Borderlands wakes up somehow. Perhaps it sets up certain data structures for the GPU or even just initialises the GPU, and that's enough to allow it to work?

I still think it's hardware and I still suspect the GPU. I still think it's needs an RMA. It won't get better on its own and it almost certainly will get worse.

Iraklis Pazios

Bronze Level Poster
Then (and I'm guessing of course) there's some feature (probably of the GPU) that Borderlands wakes up somehow. Perhaps it sets up certain data structures for the GPU or even just initialises the GPU, and that's enough to allow it to work?

I still think it's hardware and I still suspect the GPU. I still think it's needs an RMA. It won't get better on its own and it almost certainly will get worse.
Yeah my RMA got approved so I'll have to say goodbye to it again soon.

Iraklis Pazios

Bronze Level Poster
Got a message that they can't replicate the errors again but it's because they are running Borderlands 3 which is the only consistent game that works. I emailed them to read the thread again and that's the only 3d game that they shouldn't be running to test is Borderlands 3. Hopefully they read it and follow the instructions.

Iraklis Pazios

Bronze Level Poster
I have gotten my laptop back, on the 9th of december in fact, it was quite fast this time. I have encountered the crashes twice since, but nothing else. It seems like it was finally fixed!