RTX 3080

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
just an update: Was on the phone to PCS, they confirmed that they have not had any deliveries for Asus Strix GPU since launch. they are expecting 5900x CPU before xmas they have no idea when the next delivery for GPU will be but they are expecting the next delivery when they do receive to be a big batch , However it still might no be enough to fulfil my order as I am around 200 on the list.
Sounds like you may have been given partly incorrect information and I'm absolutely certain there have been messages from customers who have recieved their Asus Strix 3080 builds already.

Mike-

Okay, what is your companies estimated time to add a new feature to your Product?

not a bug, or new release but a feature change?

The Dev side of a lot of changes do tend to be straightforward, however that makes the assumption software is not COTS, is not licensed via a 3rd party and they then charge xx times ÂŁÂŁ for a feature change.

Then you need to fit it into release cycle, test it etc.

just because an actual change may not be difficult, the QA, the scheduling around anything else maybe.

There is a reason, that nearly every company in the world does not allow a developer talk to the customer.
Something as basic as this would likely take 1-3 days with unit tests. At it's core it's a basic report with basic SQL. It certainly wouldn't cost multiple millions of pounds as others are suggesting.

As for your last statement, all I will say is you're mistaken - many managers started out as devs and worked their way up.

Considering all this, it's apparent that they don't want to implement something like this. It is a business tactic to avoid losing custom - a tactic used usually by call centres, not e-commerce sites.

That's about all I'll say on the matter to avoid it turning into a urinating contest.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Something as basic as this would likely take 1-3 days with unit tests. At it's core it's a basic report with basic SQL. It certainly wouldn't cost multiple millions of pounds as others are suggesting.

As for your last statement, all I will say is you're mistaken - many managers started out as devs and worked their way up.

Considering all this, it's apparent that they don't want to implement something like this. It is a business tactic to avoid losing custom - a tactic used usually by call centres, not e-commerce sites.

That's about all I'll say on the matter to avoid it turning into a urinating contest.
No one said a customised mod would cost millions, that was how much a whole new stock system would cost.

And saying it's a basic report is a bit far off don't you think? Not all systems are based on SQL, a lot are proprietary. How do you embed that in the website, how do you get the network in place to facilitate the communication, you're assuming in the first instance that the system devs would give you the API's, that would only happen with a developer license etc etc etc.

I have issued a warning for stating that PCS are purposefully doing this to avoid losing custom. That's completely unacceptable on this forum.

Snooze

I’ve been following this thread for a couple weeks now. I’m only 16 business days into my order so I’ve come to terms with having to wait till around February.

That being said the way some of the moderators talk to people and spread misinformation in order to defend bad businesses practices is quite disheartening.

We’re all adults here and we’re all aware the world is currently on fire and as such businesses are struggling, but a lack of communication isn’t something that should be defended.

Watching moderators tell people to “like it or lump it” when they’ve brought up valid issues in a friendly manner is just really really unprofessional and honestly makes PCS look bad.

Good day guys !

Mike-

No one said a customised mod would cost millions, that was how much a whole new stock system would cost.

And saying it's a basic report is a bit far off don't you think? Not all systems are based on SQL, a lot are proprietary. How do you embed that in the website, how do you get the network in place to facilitate the communication, you're assuming in the first instance that the system devs would give you the API's, that would only happen with a developer license etc etc etc.

I have issued a warning for stating that PCS are purposefully doing this to avoid losing custom. That's completely unacceptable on this forum.
No, not at all, as I work in the industry. What qualifies you to comment on this?

Duly noted on the warning for having an opinion. I will avoid it in future.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No, not at all, as I work in the industry. What qualifies you to comment on this?

Duly noted on the warning for having an opinion. I will avoid it in future.
Why do you think I don't work in the industry? Given my response that seems rather presumptive of you?

Mike-

Why do you think I don't work in the industry? Given my response that seems rather presumptive of you?
"And have some understanding for the pressure they're under. I know for me, our mail deliveries are down to every other day, our amazon prime deliveries are down to 2 day delivery instead of next day, all my pre orders for vinyl have been delayed."

Edit: won't be replying to you anymore.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
"And have some understanding for the pressure they're under. I know for me, our mail deliveries are down to every other day, our amazon prime deliveries are down to 2 day delivery instead of next day, all my pre orders for vinyl have been delayed."
What has that got to do with anything?

SgtSprog

I have recently ordered a high-end system for CAD and a little gaming (well maybe more than a little!) As a tech developer I am massively frustrated by the current situation around COVID-19 delays in all areas, I have taken on an apprentice who will use it for CAD work as my current unit is unsuitable. In a previous post i incorrectly assumed that the RX6000 AMD cards would lighten the load a little but as we have all seen that is not the case. After spending time reading the PCS forums, I have picked up some great tips and had some great advice about how to potentially speed things up:

if you can snag a graphics card from elsewhere you can always change your order to “NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD” I did, and have it ready.

I checked my order for parts that were in stock when I placed my order but are out of stock now and modified my order this doesn’t guarantee things will be in stock when the get round to it, but I helped in my case.

I got an email the same day letting me know my build will be starting tomorrow so it seems the bottleneck is predominantly the graphics card.

PCS are excellent at building quality PC’s and this is why I have persevered despite the delays; I understand that not everyone would be happy to put a graphics card in after the fact, but it may be an option for some.

I will post if the information I have is correct but if it all goes well, I will have considerably speeded up the process with the help of PSC and the forums.

PS – just so you don’t think I am a PCS fanboy I have had issues over the last 6 years ordering parts and “torn PCS a new one” when they failed, that said the product has been great and they have done their best to rectify any problems I have had over the years.

Please consider this when venting – nobody goes to work to do a bad job!

Gavras

Master Poster

Potentially Turning yes and adds zero value to overall topic, however when someone informs everyone else it’s a simple 2 minute job, that then sends a potentially false message.

You carefully avoided the fact it could be COTS product, under licence by a 3rd party.

Have you ever costed a feature change with someone like Oracle, Salesforce etc.

Costed with a urgent tag of delivery in days or weeks ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ.

Yes agreed, Developers become Managers and Directors, CEO’s etc.

off and on over last 10 years or more I have reported directly to such CEO’s.

They Definitely DO NOT let a working Dev talk to a customer (Unless savvy with a customer facing role).

one of worst things in a Customer Project meeting is a Dev saying, “yeah thats a quick job, only a couple days effort”

Without factoring a single other commercial requirement.

Mike-

Potentially Turning yes and adds zero value to overall topic, however when someone informs everyone else it’s a simple 2 minute job, that then sends a potentially false message.

You carefully avoided the fact it could be COTS product, under licence by a 3rd party.

Have you ever costed a feature change with someone like Oracle, Salesforce etc.

Costed with a urgent tag of delivery in days or weeks ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ.

Yes agreed, Developers become Managers and Directors, CEO’s etc.

off and on over last 10 years or more I have reported directly to such CEO’s.

They Definitely DO NOT let a working Dev talk to a customer (Unless savvy with a customer facing role).

one of worst things in a Customer Project meeting is a Dev saying, “yeah thats a quick job, only a couple days effort”

Without factoring a single other commercial requirement.
All right. Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that đź‘Ť.

My main gripe was people saying it would take months and cost millions, neither of which is true.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
All right. Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that đź‘Ť.

My main gripe was people saying it would take months and cost millions, neither of which is true.
Again, that was factoring in a new stock system, both cost and implementation time would be accurate.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Sounds like you may have been given partly incorrect information and I'm absolutely certain there have been messages from customers who have recieved their Asus Strix 3080 builds already.
I got a 3080 strix OC version, ordered 24th Sept, PC arrived 23rd Nov. I actually think the main hold up for mine was the GPU waterblock (custom loop) as these didn't arrive until mid November so perhaps mine was from the first batch they had.

Hard to tell, all guess work really but the way my order went, pretty early into build 13th October, it had a 850w PSU which I never received any out of stock emails, which a lot of people did, points to my order having all parts being put aside, built what could be and just waited on the waterblock for GPU and any changes I made added and taken out as I had a few charges to pay for amendments.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Watching moderators tell people to “like it or lump it” when they’ve brought up valid issues in a friendly manner is just really really unprofessional and honestly makes PCS look bad.
What other options do you have? Please explain how its unprofessional to state the obvious?

If anyone has any suggestions on how PCS could improve, or do things differently, then they should contact PCS directly with their suggestions.

PCS staff rarely visit here, so complaining on here that PCS should be doing this or that is not going to change anything.

Finally, anyone who thinks that the moderators are acting unprofessionally, or if they have any other complaints about the moderators, should complain directly to @moosEh, the forum administrator.

I’ve been following this thread for a couple weeks now. I’m only 16 business days into my order so I’ve come to terms with having to wait till around February.

That being said the way some of the moderators talk to people and spread misinformation in order to defend bad businesses practices is quite disheartening.

We’re all adults here and we’re all aware the world is currently on fire and as such businesses are struggling, but a lack of communication isn’t something that should be defended.

Good day guys !
Hear hear

Snooze

What other options do you have? Please explain how its unprofessional to state the obvious?

If anyone has any suggestions on how PCS could improve, or do things differently, then they should contact PCS directly with their suggestions.

PCS staff rarely visit here, so complaining on here that PCS should be doing this or that is not going to change anything.

Finally, anyone who thinks that the moderators are acting unprofessionally, or if they have any other complaints about the moderators, should complain directly to @moosEh, the forum administrator.
The option to not be rude to customers paying a lot of money? It’s not what was stated it’s how it was put across.

The general standard of moderation in his particular thread has been quite overzealous and quite often blatantly rude.

The moderators aren’t affiliated with PCS so obviously they don’t really care too much how they come across, but I very much doubt that’s the way decent PR would handle something.

That’s all I have to say on the matter. I’ll go back to waiting quietly and patiently, but in future if I have an issue I doubt I’ll come here to get it addressed

Good day ladies/fellas

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The option to not be rude to customers paying a lot of money? It’s not what was stated it’s how it was put across.

The general standard of moderation in his particular thread has been quite overzealous and quite often blatantly rude.

The moderators aren’t affiliated with PCS so obviously they don’t really care too much how they come across, but I very much doubt that’s the way decent PR would handle something.
Complaints about the moderators should be made to the forum administrator.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

That’s all I have to say on the matter. I’ll go back to waiting quietly and patiently, but in future if I have an issue I doubt I’ll come here to get it addressed

Good day ladies/fellas
As above, you need to feed that back to @moosEh

Mike-

Good day ladies/fellas
Enjoy your build when it comes. They make cracking systems đź‘Ť