RTX 3080

kozuki

Enthusiast
They've made some appropriate statements on the reality of the situation and how they're dealing with it.:

Given that every youtuber, news outlet, and vendor in the world has basically said. "No cards" I will say you're in for a very long wait. ESPECIALLY if you go ROG Strix like me.

Check the NEWS around January for what Nvidia is saying. If it sounds aobut the same, expect February/March.

Another possibility is removing the offending parts from your system and buying one individually.
yep, I've seen all of that already. I did have a strix in my original order, but changed after Ghosthud revealed the Asus' position and their stock.

Harag

Gold Level Poster
That was heading towards the US from China. I'd imagine boats heading this way would have gone west from China. Still, knowing my luck, my GPU probably was on that boat! :ROFLMAO:

Correct, but it just shows... stuff happens... Still sad for anyone who has stuff on there though. Just shows how easy it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gavras

Master Poster
It happens more often than you'd think. Many of them end up floating only just above the surface. Hitting one of them at night is the greatest fear of ocean sailors.
Circa 1300 containers lost per year.

A couple years back, we shifted an order from slow ship to fast ship from China.

the ship caught fire in Indian Ocean and we lost about £1million in parts, insured.

the Customer was not that impressed though, insurance does not really cut it when those parts are part of a £5 million customer order lol.

NoverianSnowCone

Bronze Level Poster
Hey all, hope you're all well. Not a frequent visitor on the forums but can't seem to get a straight answer and hoping somebody can help.

I understand PCS typically use Zotac and Palit for their AIB cards (that aren't Strix). I've ordered a 3080 in my build, I understand I'll be waiting a while but does anybody know specifically which model I'm likely to receive as I chose "RTX 3080 (Not Founder's Edition)".

In the past I received a Zotac 980Ti Amp Edition and this was suboptimal for temps though in hindsight I suspect there might have been a cooling issue (possibly not a great contact between the die and cooler - just speculating). Anyways, I'm saying this as I'm concerned if I do receive a low in the stack Zotac card, if I'm going to receive a less than great experience, though I've heard most Ampere cards are performing similarly - generally speaking in regards to performance.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Hey all, hope you're all well. Not a frequent visitor on the forums but can't seem to get a straight answer and hoping somebody can help.

I understand PCS typically use Zotac and Palit for their AIB cards (that aren't Strix). I've ordered a 3080 in my build, I understand I'll be waiting a while but does anybody know specifically which model I'm likely to receive as I chose "RTX 3080 (Not Founder's Edition)".

In the past I received a Zotac 980Ti Amp Edition and this was suboptimal for temps though in hindsight I suspect there might have been a cooling issue (possibly not a great contact between the die and cooler - just speculating). Anyways, I'm saying this as I'm concerned if I do receive a low in the stack Zotac card, if I'm going to receive a less than great experience, though I've heard most Ampere cards are performing similarly - generally speaking in regards to performance.
Given how short the supply is of Ampere cards, it seems that PCS are ordering whatever they can get their hands on - which will overwhelmingly be Palit or Zotac. The reviews for the 3080 variants do seem to suggest they're pretty similar as you say. I don't think it'll be as much of an issue as with previous AIB cards.

Gavras

Master Poster

I would very much imagine no one knows.

post here.

You could end up with any flavour of 3080 card really.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

I would strongly recommend getting advice on your build if you experience overheating on the previous system.

The system has to be balanced for all the parts, if things are out of whack, you get overheating, instability and shorter life.

Mo_Mo

Hi All, I originally ordered the 3080 strix but then changed to the 3090 (non - Strix) due to concerns of waiting times. I ordered my 3090 on the 13th Nov and received my build on the 11th December. It was worth the wait and such a beast! I hope everyone receives their machine soon.

AaranmMc

Hi All, I originally ordered the 3080 strix but then changed to the 3090 (non - Strix) due to concerns of waiting times. I ordered my 3090 on the 13th Nov and received my build on the 11th December. It was worth the wait and such a beast! I hope everyone receives their machine soon.
That was quite fast. Enjoy your beast machine

Mo_Mo

That was quite fast. Enjoy your beast machine
Yeah, i was told at the time that there were less orders for the 3090 due to the price. So i opted in for it because i do a lot of architectural visuals. They received a few orders from Zotac Trinity Range.

doof

Grats :) Thought about changing the 3080 for the 3090 but there's quite a price difference that's a bit out of my budget. Seems like that line is a lot brisker than the 3080 line of cards.

Mo_Mo

Grats :) Thought about changing the 3080 for the 3090 but there's quite a price difference that's a bit out of my budget. Seems like that line is a lot brisker than the 3080 line of cards.
Yeah, I am not sure how the current situation is like. Plus most of my items were in stock at the time so i haven't had much issues with delays.

Prime

That's really interesting because I've asked several times if switching from my Strix 3090 to an X-Brand would move my order along in the queue and was told no. And my order was put in on the 8th of November! Ah well, I've resigned myself to until end of Jan/Feb for my Strix anyway.

Mo_Mo

That's really interesting because I've asked several times if switching from my Strix 3090 to an X-Brand would move my order along in the queue and was told no. And my order was put in on the 8th of November! Ah well, I've resigned myself to until end of Jan/Feb for my Strix anyway.
I believe moving from a strix to a non-strix are two different queues. But since i moved from a 3080 to a 3090 - i was told i would be moved based on my order number than what product. Strix does have a longer wait time.

Prime

I believe moving from a strix to a non-strix are two different queues. But since i moved from a 3080 to a 3090 - i was told i would be moved based on my order number than what product. Strix does have a longer wait time.
I would have assumed that moving from strix to non-strix, I would be moved based on order number as well but you might be right.