Possible Security Threat

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
After the clean install have you run all windows updates until there are no more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven’t been able to get on to the PC to do the updates im still in the process of setting up my account and any time I enter my email it crashes it’s happened 8/9 times now

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I haven’t been able to get on to the PC to do the updates im still in the process of setting up my account and any time I enter my email it crashes it’s happened 8/9 times now
You MUST run Windows Update until no more updates are found BEFORE you do anything else.....

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
You MUST run Windows Update until no more updates are found BEFORE you do anything else.....
I hadn’t even got access to the PC at that point to do the updates. I was still in the process of doing the windows installation which required me to sign in to my Microsoft account before it let me on. I have now passed that part and signed in to my Microsoft account that I used previously. I’ll run all updates etc however my custom background from before has remained even though no files or programmes are here. Any reason this would be? Have I done the clean install wrong possibly?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I hadn’t even got access to the PC at that point to do the updates. I was still in the process of doing the windows installation which required me to sign in to my Microsoft account before it let me on. I have now passed that part and signed in to my Microsoft account that I used previously. I’ll run all updates etc however my custom background from before has remained even though no files or programmes are here. Any reason this would be? Have I done the clean install wrong possibly?
Ah. You had a BSOD during the install?

Your Microsoft id syncs basic things like the desktop image, but programs will have to be reinstalled and data coped from backups.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
No, youve done nothing wrong the custom background will be tied to your microsoft account

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
I’m just running the window updates now. Is there any way I can know for sure I’ve done it correctly, I believe I followed all the instructions on the attachment. Only thing that seems to be missing is I had a hard drive as well as an SSD and the SSD is the only thing showing at the minute

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
After doing the windows updates I’m still continually getting the Bsod also I’m not sure what to do as this wasn’t happen ring before the clean install

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
After doing the windows updates I’m still continually getting the Bsod also I’m not sure what to do as this wasn’t happen ring before the clean install
You have to configure windows before you can use it.

Check device manager for any missing drivers.

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
There are a few PCI devices showing a yellow error with code 28. I tried updating but it says it was unsuccessful

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There are a few PCI devices showing a yellow error with code 28. I tried updating but it says it was unsuccessful
And you’ve kept pressing windows updates repetitively until it returns no more, you have to keep pressing check for updates.

You’re connected to the router with a cable and have internet connection?

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
Yeah I’ve ran all updates until there are no more. I did Blue screen during a few of them so had to go back on and start them again until they eventually finished, would this have an effect?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
You will need to install the chipset drivers for the motherboard chipset. If it's an Intel build, get it from the Intel site. If it's AMD, get them from AMD.com.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yeah I’ve ran all updates until there are no more. I did Blue screen during a few of them so had to go back on and start them again until they eventually finished, would this have an effect?
You shouldn't be getting BSODs at all, that you are is a concern. As is your HDD not being visible.

Did you get a BSOD during the install?

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
Yeah i’ve been connected to the internet during it all. The first blue screen I was repeatedly getting was when I was trying to enter my email for my Microsoft account during the install. Since then I’ve been getting them randomly. Would a complete reset be safe to do now after the clean install incase there are issues with some of the files?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah i’ve been connected to the internet during it all. The first blue screen I was repeatedly getting was when I was trying to enter my email for my Microsoft account during the install. Since then I’ve been getting them randomly. Would a complete reset be safe to do now after the clean install incase there are issues with some of the files?
How are you connected to the internet?

Stephen M

Author Level
A possible HDD problem is that has been corrupted. If you run gparted, it can be installed or run from a USB stick, it will show all the drives you have and there would be a warning symbol for any corrupted drive.
If it does not show on gparted the drive may have become disconnected.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Before running any other programs it is important to get the drivers all up to date first.

then before getting any third party disk checking programs to check for the missing disk drive, go into Windows Disk Management program and have a look to see if it is showing up there - it is likely that it just needs to have a drive letter assigned to it following your reinstallation of windows.

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
Before running any other programs it is important to get the drivers all up to date first.

then before getting any third party disk checking programs to check for the missing disk drive, go into Windows Disk Management program and have a look to see if it is showing up there - itis likely that it just needs to have a drive letter assigned to it following your reinstallation of windows.
Yeah I got the issue with the hard drive sorted should have mentioned that sorry, it just needed as you said a letter assigned to it. This happened for me when I originally got the PC a lot and this is the first time getting them in months. The windows reset seemed to somehow magically fix it last time but that doesn’t seem to be the best solution based on what you guys are saying and you’s know an awful lot more than me. I don’t think it’s a hardware issue which I suppose is positive as it would have been occurring before hand if it was. As I’m a bit new to all this I’m not sure if I should be worried. Like I said the PC was working fine before this just the clean reinstall was required for security purposes