RTX 3080

Rakk

The Awesome
Then they should be dealt with. Surely they are not going to allow trolls to continually post to their forums to purposely upset and enrage other customers and therefore create more issues for their customer service team?

Same with the other two posters within this thread claiming the same, however, one of the posters have uploaded photos of their build, so seriously doubt they’ve gone to such lengths to “troll”.
Do note the mods do not work for PCS though so we can neither confirm not deny anyones claims, we can hope people wont troll but we cant remove posts just because they might be, especially without any actual evidence - which we cannot access.
And I'm sure the PCS staff who do have a chance to come and update us with any details are very snowed under anyway.

Anyways, back to the main point of this thread, the 3080 ....

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Then they should be dealt with. Surely they are not going to allow trolls to continually post to their forums to purposely upset and enrage other customers and therefore create more issues for their customer service team?

Same with the other two posters within this thread claiming the same, however, one of the posters have uploaded photos of their build, so seriously doubt they’ve gone to such lengths to “troll”.
The problem the mods have is that we have no access to your orders, so we have no way of knowing whether any post is genuine or not.

As an example, we had a post before last Christmas saying he'd gone into building with a 3080 after waiting only a few weeks. It caused some upset as you may imagine. We had a further post from the same user only a few days ago saying he'd received his build. He was thus mistaken in his first post. I don't know whether PCS, had said "you'll go into build as soon as a 3080 is available" or what?

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. I don't belive PCS are doing anything other than serving customers in date order - as long as their builds have ALL components available at the same time.

We do our best as mods to weed out trolls and fakes, but we know no more that you do. :)

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Do note the mods do not work for PCS though so we can neither confirm not deny anyones claims, we can hope people wont troll but we cant remove posts just because they might be, especially without any actual evidence - which we cannot access.
And I'm sure the PCS staff who do have a chance to come and update us with any details are very snowed under anyway.

Yes I am aware the mods do not work for PCS and give up their time to help the community that is on here, which I think we all do appreciate (at least I know I have benefited from their help and support) :)

Tamutol

Bronze Level Poster

Not the 3090 and 3070? This thread hasn't been about the 3080 for ages.

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
The problem the mods have is that we have no access to your orders, so we have no way of knowing whether any post is genuine or not.

As an example, we had a post before last Christmas saying he'd gone into building with a 3080 after waiting only a few weeks. It caused some upset as you may imagine. We had a further post from the same user only a few days ago saying he'd received his build. He was thus mistaken in his first post. I don't know whether PCS, had said "you'll go into build as soon as a 3080 is available" or what?

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. I don't belive PCS are doing anything other than serving customers in date order - as long as their builds have ALL components available at the same time.

We do our best as mods to weed out trolls and fakes, but we know no more that you do. :)
Similar to my message to @Rakk thanks for all the help and support you provide.

The problem I have encounter and so have others is miscommunication, which is one area which can be helped (not from the mods, but the PCS staff), I know we’re in ever changing circumstances with the 3000 series and ryzen 9s and COVID certainly has not helped the situation, but the miscommunication is where many of the confusion and annoyance occurs.

I can appreciate that the staff must be snowed under with queries, so any time they take out of their day to respond to us here on the forums is greatly appreciated, but the miscommunication is something they need to address, as it would cut down on the need for people to contact them and therefore reduce the workload they are currently encountering. I know no system is flawless and you will always incur some issues, but being told “we’ve got your CPU and just awaiting your GPU” to being told the next week “We have neither of these for your build” is just getting annoying and really does knock the confidence of the customers.

Some of us here have order back in October that are still awaiting to be fulfilled, if they haven’t received the parts and are working on first come first serve then fine, that is what it is, but when we’re starting to see build with these components going out that have been ordered after ours it just starts to wear you down.

It seems that if you have a 5900x and 3080 build they are waiting for both components to be in at the exact same time, but because these are coming in so few and far between it seems that our orders are being overlooked for others. I appreciate that this may not be the case, but it certainly seems some builds have managed to skip past ours.

Not the 3090 and 3070? This thread hasn't been about the 3080 for ages.
Anyway as this post says it’d be good to get this thread back onto the 3080 and not have the constant mention of the other two cards, I can appreciate people who have been waiting and have switched are wanting to show off their builds, but there is a section on the forums for that, this thread is supposed to be about the 3080, so would be a good time to get it back on topic. :)

Last edited:

Olliej

I’m so confused - I’ve just been on a competitor site, built the same system with 3080 and been told it’ll ship 22nd Feb and that I wouldn’t be able to order if stock wasn’t available. I don’t want to name the site, but it’s big enough not to be scamming, but can’t understand how I can walk up and order when peeps have been waiting for months??

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
I’m so confused - I’ve just been on a competitor site, built the same system with 3080 and been told it’ll ship 22nd Feb and that I wouldn’t be able to order if stock wasn’t available. I don’t want to name the site, but it’s big enough not to be scamming, but can’t understand how I can walk up and order when peeps have been waiting for months??
Bigger competitors may be prioritised with stock from certain suppliers?

If company A can order £100,000 worth of parts from you (not including 3080s)

Or company B can order £ 10,000 worth of parts from you (not including 3080s)

Who are you going to prioritise giving your stock of 3080s to?

No idea if this is the case, but one of the possible scenarios out of many.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Similar to my message to @Rakk thanks for all the help and support you provide.

The problem I have encounter and so have others is miscommunication, which is one area which can be helped (not from the mods, but the PCS staff), I know we’re in ever changing circumstances with the 3000 series and ryzen 9s and COVID certainly has not helped the situation, but the miscommunication is where many of the confusion and annoyance occurs.

I can appreciate that the staff must be snowed under with queries, so any time they take out of their day to respond to us here on the forums is greatly appreciated, but the miscommunication is something they need to address, as it would cut down on the need for people to contact them and therefore reduce the workload they are currently encountering. I know no system is flawless and you will always incur some issues, but being told “we’ve got your CPU and just awaiting your GPU” to being told the next week “We have neither of these for your build” is just getting annoying and really does knock the confidence of the customers.

Some of us here have order back in October that are still awaiting to be fulfilled, if they haven’t received the parts and are working on first come first serve then fine, that is what it is, but when we’re starting to see build with these components going out that have been ordered after ours it just starts to wear you down.

It seems that if you have a 5900x and 3080 build they are waiting for both components to be in at the exact same time, but because these are coming in so few and far between it seems that our orders are being overlooked for others. I appreciate that this may not be the case, but it certainly seems some builds have managed to skip past ours.

Anyway as this post says it’d be good to get this thread back onto the 3080 and not have the constant mention of the other two cards, I can appreciate people who have been waiting and have switched are wanting to show off their builds, but there is a section on the forums for that, this thread is supposed to be about the 3080, so would be a good time to get it back on topic. :)
Any stuff like this needs to be fed back to PCS, the forums are not a communication channel and PCS rarely come on here, you need to communicate directly with them on [email protected].

No one on the forums, not moderators or visitors can answer any questions like this.

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Any stuff like this needs to be fed back to PCS, the forums are not a communication channel and PCS rarely come on here, you need to communicate directly with them on [email protected].

No one on the forums, not moderators or visitors can answer any questions like this.
I’ve tried this and just get hit with a blanket statement, when I’ve asked to speak to management they say they’ll email me, which hasn’t happened, except from Ghosthud.

Edit: No idea of Ghosthud position, but he is the only staff member who has actually emailed me back when he said they would.

Don’t wish to discuss this openly, as this isn’t the place, but if you have any suggestions please shoot me a PM. :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’ve tried this and just get hit with a blanket statement, when I’ve asked to speak to management they say they’ll email me, which hasn’t happened, except from Ghosthud.

Edit: No idea of Ghosthud position, but he is the only staff member who has actually emailed me back when he said they would.

Don’t wish to discuss this openly, as this isn’t the place, but if you have any suggestions please shoot me a PM. :)
That's the only address we have I'm afraid. They will get back to you, but email is taking a lot longer than anything else, so you'll just have to be extremely patient. And if you're asking questions like what queue position you're in or something like that, read the stickies, you won't get an answer.

The feedback on from staff members has been consistent on the forum. I agree there is some miscommunication when phoning the customer services, but IMHO, this is because despite being told numerous times that queue positions or estimates can't be given, people are still phoning up demanding it.

If you just sit back and accept that it's not coming any time soon, you can only be positively surprised. At the moment you're all comparing yourselves to each other which is exactly what PCS were trying to avoid.

Jackoe

Bronze Level Poster
I made similar enquiries out of curiosity too. I was told by a company that the lead times for the 3080 was 15-20 days. They also said “we have 3080 stock for systems”. I took this with a massive pinch of salt, given they have none in stock on the website/pre-built systems etc.
As above, I guess different companies have different relationships with manufacturers, so receive different amounts of stock.
Given how long I’ve stuck it out with PCS, I’m determined to wait however longer it may be.

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
That's the only address we have I'm afraid. They will get back to you, but email is taking a lot longer than anything else, so you'll just have to be extremely patient. And if you're asking questions like what queue position you're in or something like that, read the stickies, you won't get an answer.

The feedback on from staff members has been consistent on the forum. I agree there is some miscommunication when phoning the customer services, but IMHO, this is because despite being told numerous times that queue positions or estimates can't be given, people are still phoning up demanding it.

If you just sit back and accept that it's not coming any time soon, you can only be positively surprised. At the moment you're all comparing yourselves to each other which is exactly what PCS were trying to avoid.
I’m aware that they are taking longer, I was referring to where I have been on livechat and asked a question, which they said they’d get back to me via email and they haven’t.

Ive not asked for a queue position or ETA when contacting them as I know this is something they cannot provide.

The miscommunication I have received has nothing to do with asking for queue positions or estimates. I’ve been told things that are just incorrect, such as “We’ve got your CPU and this has been put aside for your order”. When it hasn’t been.

If they are fulfilling orders on first come first serve and giving consistent factual information there shouldn’t be any issue with us comparing our orders to others who are similar.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Bigger competitors may be prioritised with stock from certain suppliers?

If company A can order £100,000 worth of parts from you (not including 3080s)

Or company B can order £ 10,000 worth of parts from you (not including 3080s)

Who are you going to prioritise giving your stock of 3080s to?

No idea if this is the case, but one of the possible scenarios out of many.
That's not how it works, you get stock allocated based on prospected sales.

Believe me, the competitors saying they have stocks in nonsense unless they're scalping them and selling them at crazy high costs.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The miscommunication I have received has nothing to do with asking for queue positions or estimates. I’ve been told things that are just incorrect, such as “We’ve got your CPU and this has been put aside for your order”. When it hasn’t been.
But that's my entire point.... what were you asking for them to say that? You're chasing them on information they can't provide.

If they are fulfilling orders on first come first serve and giving consistent factual information there shouldn’t be any issue with us comparing our orders to others who are similar.

And again, they can't give factual information.

PLEASE PLEASE READ THE STICKIES EVERYONE TO EDUCATE YOURSELF ON WHY THIS IS

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
But that's my entire point.... what were you asking for them to say that? You're chasing them on information they can't provide.

And again, they can't give factual information.

PLEASE PLEASE READ THE STICKIES EVERYONE TO EDUCATE YOURSELF ON WHY THIS IS
I contacted them as was making an amendment (originally had fan and switched to AIO) and wanted to check it’d fit in the case I had selected.

Me: “What is the status of my order? I made an amendment and just wanted to check the AIO would fit?”

PCS: “In the queue for the 3080, yes it would fit”

Me: “Ah okay, is it not awaiting the CPU as well”

PCS: “No this has been assigned to your build”

Me “Will this be held for my order?”

PCS: “It should be yes”

Don’t understand how I can be blamed on that one?

Sorry let me change the “consistent factual” to just consistent information, which is something they can do. All their staff should be singing off the same hymn sheet, but it doesn’t appear to be that way in my experience.

Edit: Also I’d prefer it if you didn’t assume what I’ve asked for, I’ve got all the chat transcripts, I’m more than happy to send them across for you to see and I think you’d realise that I’ve been more than mislead a couple of times, Rhys has stepped in and apologised for this in the email he sent me previously, as well as one of the customer service team leaders having a look back at prior transcripts and phone calls with me and also apologising.

I’ve said my point and don’t think it needs to be discussed here any further, as it’s not relevant to this thread, like I said previously happy to discuss this further with you via PMs so you can see the whole picture. :)

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
But it may have been - for a time. If you have a CPU set aside for you but your build is still missing components and a later order is otherwise ready to go but for the same CPU, I would expect them to take your CPU and put it in that later order. That way at least one build goes out the door and the effect on you is mimimal because your build wasn't complete anyway.

I don't know that's what they do but it makes complete sense to do that

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
But it may have been - for a time. If you have a CPU set aside for you but your build is still missing components and a later order is otherwise ready to go but for the same CPU, I would expect them to take your CPU and put it in that later order. That way at least one build goes out the door and the effect on you is mimimal because your build wasn't compete anyway.

I don't know that's what they do but it makes complete sense to do that
Yes that is absolutely fine to do so, but within the same conversation I asked would it be used to fulfil another order (was looking at sourcing my own 3080) and was told no.

I have no problem if they do that, as long as I am told that is what they are going to do.