...it's hard to resist

Citrus_9

Expert
I seem to have missed this whole thread but this looks like an absolute monster! With a few minor tweaks this is basically my dream build 😂

The storage solution on this is definitely the way I’d go, honestly even in a dream build I feel there’s still a place for HDD’s. We all know the Capellix is one almighty performing cooler and with that RGB it looks good too! Solid choices here, I’m sure you’ll enjoy!
What tweaks would you suggest? Just asking out of curiosity - I may consider it too :)

Citrus_9

Expert
One of the options, fedex just throw your parcel in front of a wind turbine, to get it across the Irish sea. The more expensive one, they have to use either a ferry or a plane - so it costs more.

Also, unless the 4000D airflow and 4000X have a difference, the H115i will fit on the roof. Here is a pic where a guy has done so (he has dual AIO, but the H115 on the roof).

Edit: the more on look on peoples pcpartpicker builds, the more H115i and 4000D builds i see 😆. I think Corsair have got it wrong 🧐🤣
I've looked up online and it seems that 4000X with H115i Capellix is tight - basically depends on RAM. I though I'm not very lucky with lotteries so better just sticking with 5000X. Just reminding that I'm not interested in AIO in front - the top position is am considering only.

Ash_

Master Poster
I've looked up online and it seems that 4000X with H115i Capellix is tight - basically depends on RGB. I though I'm not very lucky with lotteries so better just sticking with 5000X.

I completely forgot... when buying from PCS, the 5000X is a lot cheaper than buying your own and sending it in. I’d go 5000X then for sure, just to be sure.

Citrus_9

Expert
I completely forgot... when buying from PCS, the 5000X is a lot cheaper than buying your own and sending it in. I’d go 5000X then for sure, just to be sure.
Yep, I think I'm happy with 5000X - just made space on my desk for it :) Just waiting from Juni0r to see what he has in his mind too and then pull a trigger some time soon. Actually 5000X in Amazon.de and Amazon.es is cheaper than from PCS, but only by 10 Euro.

Last edited:

Ash_

Master Poster
Yep, I think I'm happy with 5000X - just made space on my desk for it :) Just waiting from Juni0r to see what he has in his mind too and then pull a trigger some time soon.
Remember to overclock your ram. If not, reduce speed to 3200 and save some money as the real speed of 3200 and 3600 sold by pcs is the same (3600cl18 vs 3200cl16)

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Does anybody know why there are two options and it makes a total different even excl. VAT?

View attachment 25040
View attachment 25041
I think one of them was for the reduced VAT rate that applied up to the end of Feb. I have no idea why that would change the excl VAT amount though!

When I click proceed only one of them (the higher one sadly) will work - the other throws an error message saying that the chosen shipping method is not available to ROI.

Citrus_9

Expert
I think one of them was for the reduced VAT rate that applied up to the end of Feb. I have no idea why that would change the excl VAT amount though!

When I click proceed only one of them (the higher one sadly) will work - the other throws an error message saying that the chosen shipping method is not available to ROI.
This probably make sense.
Remember to overclock your ram. If not, reduce speed to 3200 and save some money as the real speed of 3200 and 3600 sold by pcs is the same (3600cl18 vs 3200cl16)
oh, thanks for reminding... I keep forgetting this.

Ash_

Master Poster
I think you save like €50 or so on 32gb. OCing ram isn’t hard though and it is better to start with higher mhz. So basically, the 3600mhz is better, but only if you actively make it better.

D

Deleted member 17413

One of the options, fedex just throw your parcel in front of a wind turbine, to get it across the Irish sea. The more expensive one, they have to use either a ferry or a plane - so it costs more.

Also, unless the 4000D airflow and 4000X have a difference, the H115i will fit on the roof. Here is a pic where a guy has done so (he has dual AIO, but the H115 on the roof).

Edit: the more on look on peoples pcpartpicker builds, the more H115i and 4000D builds i see 😆. I think Corsair have got it wrong 🧐🤣

That photo...is that two closed loop AIO coolers? One for CPU, one for GPU?
Ive not seen a AIO for a liquid cooled GPU.

Citrus_9

Expert
It seemed like to me, but I didn't pay much attention to it as for me not relevant. I've seen somewhere on Youtube people do that for GPU, but I'm not planning any of these type of crazy things.

Ash_

Master Poster
I got it from a pcpartpicker picture, but yes, it is an AIO for the cpu and an AIO for a vertical mounted gpu - spyder has an AIO on his gpu.

Citrus_9

Expert
I think you save like €50 or so on 32gb. OCing ram isn’t hard though and it is better to start with higher mhz. So basically, the 3600mhz is better, but only if you actively make it better.
I won't bother with it. I'm lazy enough to Google things. RAM overclocking also involves thinking on top of that, and I don't like doing it after my work hours 😂 I'll take 32GB 3200 (16x2)

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
What tweaks would you suggest? Just asking out of curiosity - I may consider it too :)
Sorry for the late reply! Realistically a lot of this is hypothetical and the build you have here would actually be a better one 😂

As a sucker for RGB most of it is just adding more RGB 😂. For case, I’m not a massive fan of an empty looking case so I’d probably swap to a 4000D to fill it out more (even if it’s worse for airflow), then I’d add a tonne of Corsair LL fans everywhere (including replacing AIO fans), I think they’re the best looking fans Corsair does and I love how they look. I’d swap to the RGB RAM and get those dummy sticks for the empty slots. Then I’d have the STRIX 70 or 80. It’s by far the best looking card in my opinion, and the RGB it adds, yes please! :ROFLMAO:

Again, all hypothetical and realistically the build you have will be a better build. If you don’t need the 3070, you don’t need the 3070 and adding a load of LL fans would increase cost for minimal benefit.

Citrus_9

Expert
Sorry for the late reply! Realistically a lot of this is hypothetical and the build you have here would actually be a better one 😂

As a sucker for RGB most of it is just adding more RGB 😂. For case, I’m not a massive fan of an empty looking case so I’d probably swap to a 4000D to fill it out more (even if it’s worse for airflow), then I’d add a tonne of Corsair LL fans everywhere (including replacing AIO fans), I think they’re the best looking fans Corsair does and I love how they look. I’d swap to the RGB RAM and get those dummy sticks for the empty slots. Then I’d have the STRIX 70 or 80. It’s by far the best looking card in my opinion, and the RGB it adds, yes please! :ROFLMAO:

Again, all hypothetical and realistically the build you have will be a better build. If you don’t need the 3070, you don’t need the 3070 and adding a load of LL fans would increase cost for minimal benefit.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts ;) ...well, that was a bit of a unicorn speech o_O😂

My ideal build would be 4000XD (4000X with a front airflow panel, 3 front RGB fans & maybe 1x120mm ML RGB exhaust fan). I'm not 100% sure if H115i Elite Capellix 280mm will fit in the 4000X top so decided to go with 5000X as I don't want an AIO in front - only top. Top top top - nowhere else.

GPU - I'll get a decent one after a few years when I'll get a G7 or equivalent 32' monitor. Just don't want to spend all of my money now, and also hoping by that time GPU's will get cheaper.

And regarding 5000X: I'm thinking out loud if I should change a front panel to the airflow or/and add a rear exhaust ML120 RGB fan? I know I just mentioned above it would be my ideal PC, but just interested in everybody's onion.

Last edited:

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thanks for sharing your thoughts ;) ...well, that was a bit of a unicorn speech o_O😂

My ideal build would be 4000XD (4000X with a front airflow panel, 3 front RGB fans & maybe 1x120mm ML RGB exhaust fan). I'm not 100% sure if H115i Elite Capellix 280mm will fit in the 4000X top so decided to go with 5000X as I don't want an AIO in front - only top. Top top top - nowhere else.

GPU - I'll get a decent one after a few years when I'll get a G7 or equivalent 32' monitor. Just don't want to spend all of my money now, and also hoping by that time GPU's will get cheaper.

And regarding 5000X: I'm thinking out loud if I should change a front panel to the airflow or/and add a rear exhaust ML120 RGB fan? I know I just mentioned above it would be my ideal PC, but just interested in everybody's onion.
I got the 5000X as well, where can you get the airflow panel? I looked up on the Corsair website but couldn't find it

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
reduce speed to 3200 and save some money as the real speed of 3200 and 3600 sold by pcs is the same (3600cl18 vs 3200cl16)
That's a bit of an oversimplification I think? 🤔 The 'real' speed is only relevant when it is actually quicker than the other choice. If your examples it is instead the same - both RAM options will have the same latency in nanoseconds when you convert the clock cycles at their respective speeds - but the higher speed RAM will still perform better overall - albeit perhaps in likely unnoticeable ways!

Interesting article from Crucial on the subject here:

The Difference between Speed and Latency

And a TLDR quote from it as an example - "because the latency in nanoseconds for DDR4-2400 CL17 and DDR4-2666 CL19 is roughly the same, the higher speed DDR4-2666 RAM will provide better performance"

GN also did some testing where there was a small improvement in performance with higher speed RAM that had the same 'real' speed (or actually fractionally worse) as lower speed sticks. Again, not much in it I think - but it's another of those PC related topics that is far too complicated in my view!!

@Ash_ - please let me know if there is any stuff that I've missed in the above - as it's all good learning for me! :)

Ash_

Master Poster
That's a bit of an oversimplification I think? 🤔 The 'real' speed is only relevant when it is actually quicker than the other choice. If your examples it is instead the same - both RAM options will have the same latency in nanoseconds when you convert the clock cycles at their respective speeds - but the higher speed RAM will still perform better overall - albeit perhaps in likely unnoticeable ways!

Interesting article from Crucial on the subject here:

The Difference between Speed and Latency

And a TLDR quote from it as an example - "because the latency in nanoseconds for DDR4-2400 CL17 and DDR4-2666 CL19 is roughly the same, the higher speed DDR4-2666 RAM will provide better performance"

GN also did some testing where there was a small improvement in performance with higher speed RAM that had the same 'real' speed (or actually fractionally worse) as lower speed sticks. Again, not much in it I think - but it's another of those PC related topics that is far too complicated in my view!!

@Ash_ - please let me know if there is any stuff that I've missed in the above - as it's all good learning for me! :)
The higher frequency would be beneficial over the lower CAS, in say workloads etc. But as gaming currently doesn’t appear to benefit much above 3200 and i think almost nothing over 3600, the overall latency, which is a formula of cas and frequency, won’t impact performance. 4000mhz CL20, will be outperformed by 3600 CL18 in gaming i believe and with the price difference between 3200 and 3600 on here - even if the performance difference was say 2%, the €50 extra on the gpu would make a much bigger difference.

I must admit, i have not seen GN’s video on it, but was he testing it overall or was it specifically on gaming?

Citrus_9

Expert
I got the 5000X as well, where can you get the airflow panel? I looked up on the Corsair website but couldn't find it
Currently still looking online. I've seen people in forums say they got from Corsair, but the US... I hope it will be available some time later this year or next. An option would be to buy a new 5000D airflow, take a front panel out and sell it half price without a panel on ebay.