...it's hard to resist

Citrus_9

Expert
Found something interesting here... Seems that ML would be a better option to make it work well with SP Elite case fans, otherwise sequential RGB effects don't work properly...

Just thought I'd add my own experiences to this thread. I built my new 3700X PC a few weeks ago around a 4000X as well in white.

I added an LL120 to the back as an exhaust and can confirm that while the LL120 & the 3 included SP RGB Elites up front all light up, it's next to impossible to get any of the sequential RGB effects to work properly. I think it's down to the fact that the iCue Lighting Node Core module that's supplied with the 4000X will not work properly if different fan types are attached.

The two rainbow effects & setting a static colour (my preferred effect) work fine (see included picture), but anything requiring a sequence don't work properly as there's no way to arrange the fan sequences correctly in the iCue app.

I have an H100i Elite Capellix incoming, so I'm hoping the included Commander Core module will make different fan types play nice together, but I'm not holding my breath. In hindsight, I should've gotten an ML120 for the exhaust so at least that would work with the 2x ML120's in the H100i bundle, but I got sucked in to the additional light ring the LL120's have lol...

Excuse the cable mess around the Wraith cooler. I'll be cable managing properly once I get the H100i :) Contemplating on getting some sleeved cables too.

It wont be perfectly in sync, but the ML are closer to SP in terms of LED arrangement than something with rings. Also, if you top mount the radiator, you won't really see the fans unless you look at an angle, so the difference won't be apparent. See my attached photo for what it looks like with the ML fans on top mounted rad and SP case fans

Corsair Forum

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
They're sort of fine I think - they look pretty and are quiet on my 220T - but I wouldn't 'choose' them - if you know what I mean!
Well they also just released the SP 120 Elite fans which seem to be a lot better now. These ones are the same you can find on the 5000X

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well they also just released the SP 120 Elite fans which seem to be a lot better now. These ones are the same you can find on the 5000X
I didn't realise they'd updated them and wasn't aware of that model, my previous comment purely related to the original SP range.

Must take a look at those, I bet they're nice. The amount of money manufacturers are throwing into RGB is quite funny really :)

Citrus_9

Expert
Oh, my headaches! 😂 I would never have thought I'll spend so much time of thinking about an exhaust case fan... Thanks for the heads up as I wasn't aware of the SP 120 Elite release... So now I just want to think SP 120 RGB Elite to match front fans or ML 120 RGB to match the AIO H115i Elite Capellix fans... Ah, good feeling to be closer to the truth o_O

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I didn't realise they'd updated them and wasn't aware of that model, my previous comment purely related to the original SP range.

Must take a look at those, I bet they're nice. The amount of money manufacturers are throwing into RGB is quite funny really :)
Oh, my headaches! 😂 I would never have thought I'll spend so much time of thinking about an exhaust case fan... Thanks for the heads up as I wasn't aware of the SP 120 Elite release... So now I just want to think SP 120 RGB Elite to match front fans or ML 120 RGB to match the AIO H115i Elite Capellix fans... Ah, good feeling to be closer to the truth o_O
Yeah those are the fans that come with the 5000X as I said. With my order at PCS I ordered a standard black rear exhaust fan but I already purchased and have sitting at home waiting for the PC another SP 120 Elite that will go as exhaust fan, replacing the standard black fan to match the front fans :D

If you wanna take a look, here's the link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Performance-Technology-Addressable-Low-Noise/dp/B08XJT8T3K?th=1

They are sold in single pack or triple with Lighting Node Core included in that case

Citrus_9

Expert
Yeah those are the fans that come with the 5000X as I said. With my order at PCS I ordered a standard black rear exhaust fan but I already purchased and have sitting at home waiting for the PC another SP 120 Elite that will go as exhaust fan, replacing the standard black fan to match the front fans :D

If you wanna take a look, here's the link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Performance-Technology-Addressable-Low-Noise/dp/B08XJT8T3K?th=1

They are sold in single pack or triple with Lighting Node Core included in that case
Thanks for the link, I was actually already looking at them :love: I'll take one - for this price it's just a no brainer.