3080 running hot

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I thought the pump was best to be at the lowest point of the loop?
OMG, man, ignore me, I've had to watch the videos through again because my brain seems to melt on a weekly basis at the moment.

There's a much easier to follow video by Jayz2Cents here which sums it up really well:

But yeah, you're right the pump needs to be lower IF the radiator hoses are up the top.

If you can just swap the orientation of the radiator with the tubes at the bottom, that would be the ultimate way.

Ash_

Master Poster
Just as long as the pump isn’t the highest point, you should be fine.

If it is front mount though, you want the hoses at the bottom, so all the air is away from the pipes and gathers at the top and has basically no chance of reaching the hoses and being sent to the pump.

That case can support 2x 140mm exhaust fans on the top, but, not a radiator

Jman1222

Thanks @SpyderTracks and @Ash_. So I'm kinda stuck with having it front mounted? I would need to 'flip' the radiator if the tubes would reach? If that is the case could I just add 2 x 140mm to the top and 1 120mm to the rear? And leave the two fans where they are right now?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
OMG, man, ignore me, I've had to watch the videos through again because my brain seems to melt on a weekly basis at the moment.

There's a much easier to follow video by Jayz2Cents here which sums it up really well:

But yeah, you're right the pump needs to be lower IF the radiator hoses are up the top.

If you can just swap the orientation of the radiator with the tubes at the bottom, that would be the ultimate way.
This video is fantastic much clearer than the other video that's usually posted

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This video is fantastic much clearer than the other video that's usually posted
Yeah, I found the Gamers Nexus one quite confusing, it's amazing because as usual they go into such depth about it, but the Jayz2Cents one just makes it much easier to understand the logic behind it in laymans terms.

It's a great video.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks @SpyderTracks and @Ash_. So I'm kinda stuck with having it front mounted? I would need to 'flip' the radiator if the tubes would reach? If that is the case could I just add 2 x 140mm to the top and 1 120mm to the rear? And leave the two fans where they are right now?
Yeah, if you can do it (the hoses being long enough is the big question, but if they weren't you could raise the radiator higher on the front if possible), that would be the ultimate setup.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Great thats what I'll go with then. That would've been my next question if the tubes wouldn't reach (could I mount it higher) thank you!
I'm glad you got me to look over those videos again otherwise would have been suggesting the wrong thing to people!

All the best with it, let us know how you get on.

Joeyniple

Haha thanks man. I will have a crack at this tomorrow/Sunday - will let you all know! :)
Interested as well as ive ordered the same case and cooler, not a fan of how they have installed the radiator on the front. Looks like it would mount higher hopefully. This is a weird case that it allows 240mm and 360mm but not 280mm on the roof.

Jman1222

Hey guys, I've taken a look this morning. And I'm quite sure I cant move the radiator up (see below pic - missing a mount point where I've placed the top arrow). Ill be installing a rear exhaust tomorrow once the fan arrives. But I suppose my best option at this point would be to change to a 360mm cooler or change the case.... How dissapointing 😔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210424_111121.jpg
    Screenshot_20210424_111121.jpg
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 111

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hey guys, I've taken a look this morning. And I'm quite sure I cant move the radiator up (see below pic - missing a mount point where I've placed the top arrow). Ill be installing a rear exhaust tomorrow once the fan arrives. But I suppose my best option at this point would be to change to a 360mm cooler or change the case.... How dissapointing 😔
If you can get your hands on the tools you could make a hole? Pretty sure that would stuff any warranties though unfortunately

Jman1222

Yeah it had crossed my mind but probably not a good idea! Do you think there is anyway I could get assistance from PCS on this (e.g. Have the case changed)? Everywhere I look people seem to be of the opinion that my aio won't last very long/perform very well with this configuration

Jman1222

Not a bad shout - but still stuck with the issue of the pump being the highest part of the loop 😔 think I'll look at purchasing a new full tower ASAP and try to rebuild it..

Ash_

Master Poster
Not a bad shout - but still stuck with the issue of the pump being the highest part of the loop 😔 think I'll look at purchasing a new full tower ASAP and try to rebuild it..
Ask about swapping the H115 to a H100 or a H150 and doing the install yourself

I moved my capellex from front to top then top to front and front to top honestly was like 2 degree diffrence my 3080 at full load sits at 72 I think its just a worry but 75 is perfectly fine 90 is when there should be a concern
ZOTAC RTX 3080 Trinity idle 50°C gaming 73°C its 2°c over what zotac exspects so no need to worry :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
7.9We reserve the right to suspend the warranty or refuse service if your Case, Motherboard, CPU or BIOS have been replaced without authorisation.
Any tampering, repair or modification by unauthorised personnel voids the warranty.

Jman1222

Thanks, it's not so much the temps now, I had cod cold War running max settings earlier (Ray tracing etc to see how the system copes) 1440p at around 120fps at between 73 and 75 degrees. It's more than I know my aio is going to suffer because this 280mm system seems to be a really poor fit for the case. Best option seems to be to remove the 280mm aio and replace with a 240mm which I could top mount