ASUS ROG Strix 3080

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
134 days and fingers crossed for this month, let's go boys (and gals and non-binary pals), we've got this!
It has to be this month for you 130+ peeps surely. Unless now the 3080 strix are even harder to come by now the ti cards are available.

Thomas1

Update - Got an email advising the motherboard is out of stock for my build and end of line. Supposedly a decent amount of orders affected by this mobo.

My case would also not fit the GPU so needed swapping and the PSU needed improving.
ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB

117 working days in and wait continues 🤞Estimate middle of next month for GPU allocation and dispatch.

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
Update - Got an email advising the motherboard is out of stock for my build and end of line. Supposedly a decent amount of orders affected by this mobo.

My case would also not fit the GPU so needed swapping and the PSU needed improving.
ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB

117 working days in and wait continues 🤞Estimate middle of next month for GPU allocation and dispatch.
What PSU did you have and what did have to update too??

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
Change to [CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET] from [CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET]
I just spoke to PCS about this. They changed the configurator to bump the PSU for the 3080ti cards as they are no longer selling the strix 3080 to new customers.

You shouldn't have to upgrade the PSU for the standard Strix 3080 750w should be adiquate. But the configurator won't let you so you should speak to PCS about that unless you are happy with the jump of course.

Thomas1

I just spoke to PCS about this. They changed the configurator to bump the PSU for the 3080ti cards as they are no longer selling the strix 3080 to new customers.

You shouldn't have to upgrade the PSU for the standard Strix 3080 750w should be adiquate. But the configurator won't let you so you should speak to PCS about that unless you are happy with the jump of course.
Makes sense I thought the same, opted for a cheaper case with more space anyways so price difference was not huge 👍

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
just been giving the option to go for a 3070/3080 ti instead of the strix, waited this long surely I can hang on a tad more lol
When I spoke to PCS earlier today they said I had all the parts in stock other than the GPU. They mentioned that sourcing the standard Strix 3080 is even harder now thanks to the Ti versions coming out. The stock hasn't improved they are coming in slowly in drips and drabs. Was her words.
But I agree with you. We have waited this long whats the point in changing now. I'll consider switching when they tell me they can't get the card in at all anymore haha

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

That’s not really correct, it’s only founders edition 3080’s that would be ok with 750w, aftermarket cards aren’t power restricted and will normally require an 850w PSU as a minimum.

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
That’s not really correct, it’s only founders edition 3080’s that would be ok with 750w, aftermarket cards aren’t power restricted and will normally require an 850w PSU as a minimum.
Hmmmmm that's not what I wanted to hear. Okay. I guess I am upping the PSU. I'll come pull your legs off if thats not true ;)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
just been giving the option to go for a 3070/3080 ti instead of the strix, waited this long surely I can hang on a tad more lol
Good man, stick it out. It’ll be worth it, the visual experience will be phenomenal…

8A7F04A6-88A4-4FAD-B823-30B5540869D1.jpeg

Sergiu0588

Did you get your new rig yet? If so can you show us some pics of that beauty? Keep our moral up while we wait.
After 4 days in building and one day in test mine is now in Quality Control and stress testing, this can take up to 48 hours according to the email. I'm looking at an early next week dispatch maybe. I will be sending pictures once it's up and running for sure! 👊

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
After 4 days in building and one day in test mine is now in Quality Control and stress testing, this can take up to 48 hours according to the email. I'm looking at an early next week dispatch maybe. I will be sending pictures once it's up and running for sure! 👊
Amazing. I'm excited for you. Can't wait to see the build in all its glory.