H115 Elite Capellix loud pump

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Hi, I let pc run like this for over two hours and it didn't make any difference whatsoever.

I was thinking that maybe I'm over sensitive. Fans rpm is around 700-800 on balanced setting while the pump balanced settings almost has 3 times that at 2200 rpm. That might be the reason why I can hear it so clearly.

Attachments

• IMG_20211125_202955.jpg
    IMG_20211125_202955.jpg
    939.3 KB · Views: 117

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Hi, I let pc run like this for over two hours and it didn't make any difference whatsoever.

I was thinking that maybe I'm over sensitive. Fans rpm is around 700-800 on balanced setting while the pump balanced settings almost has 3 times that at 2200 rpm. That might be the reason why I can hear it so clearly.

Can you take a pic of inside the PC? I think this is the opposite of what I was suggesting. Remember that air goes up :)

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Here you go mate
Can you take a pic of inside the PC? I think this is the opposite of what I was suggesting. Remember that air goes up :)

There you go mate

Attachments

• IMG_20211125_211505.jpg
    IMG_20211125_211505.jpg
    764.6 KB · Views: 193

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. you put the book under the wrong end.

However, I'm thinking (given the layout) that you should go extreme and put the case on its back. From the picture rotate the entire case 90 degrees counter clockwise. Sit it on a couple of books to lift it off the table and stop any weight from going on the cables. That will literally be as good as it gets for getting rid of air bubbles.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
…and just to ease your mind a little, the pump speed is meant to be that fast…it’s not a fan.

Quiet mode might be as low as 1800rpm, performance/extreme mode might be as high as 2800rpm.

Cloud9

I did but buzz is noticeable even when pump is on quiet mode and pc is idle.

I thought that air bubbles trapped inside the pump may be causing this so I tried to shift pc to the sides to release the air but it didn't make any difference.

My biggest concern is that this is the symptom of a faulty/damaged pump.

I doubt there's anything wrong with it. I've got the same cooler and have had the same noise unchanging since my PC was built in August (if you click my posts I made a similar thread back in August about it). It's very good at cooling but definitely a bit of a noisy beast.

There's a massive thread about this over on the Corsair forums if you're interested.

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. you put the book under the wrong end.

However, I'm thinking (given the layout) that you should go extreme and put the case on its back. From the picture rotate the entire case 90 degrees counter clockwise. Sit it on a couple of books to lift it off the table and stop any weight from going on the cables. That will literally be as good as it gets for getting rid of air bubbles.
Silly me🤣Thanks, Scott. I'll try that once I have a spare moment and let you know how it goes.

…and just to ease your mind a little, the pump speed is meant to be that fast…it’s not a fan.

Quiet mode might be as low as 1800rpm, performance/extreme mode might be as high as 2800rpm.
Pump has 2200 rpm on quiet settings in my case. I'm aware this is the lowest speed at which this pump operates. Balanced rpm ~2500 and extreme ~2800

I doubt there's anything wrong with it. I've got the same cooler and have had the same noise unchanging since my PC was built in August (if you click my posts I made a similar thread back in August about it). It's very good at cooling but definitely a bit of a noisy beast.

There's a massive thread about this over on the Corsair forums if you're interested.
I think I saw that thread already. Is that the one where lots of people mention the noise and Corsair support basically confirms that some levels of noise are to be expected due to pump rpm? I also read your thread and just wanted to say I've got no issue with the hum or fans whatsoever, I can barely hear them even on extreme settings, pump though is a whole different story, buzz can be clearly heard even when pc is idle. I saw that you returned your pc to PCS to get it checked and according to them there's nothing wrong with it?

Last edited:

Cloud9

I think I saw that thread already. Is that the one where lots of people mention the noise and Corsair support basically confirms that some levels of noise are to be expected due to pump rpm? I also read your thread and just wanted to say I've got no issue with the hum or fans whatsoever, I can barely hear them even on extreme settings, pump though is a whole different story, buzz can be clearly heard even when pc is idle. I saw that you returned your pc to PCS to get it checked and according to them there's nothing wrong with it?

Oh yeah, just to be clear on my original thread from August I had a few other unrelated setup issues so our situations aren't exactly identical. But I definitely have the same noise demonstrated in the video you posted in your opening post which is why I chimed in. :)

I did return it to PCS yeah and they acknowledged the fault but it was returned to me in exactly the same state. They reseated it and made a few minor alterations to BIOS (which I actually had to change back because it messed up the way my PC's fan controller worked). Like I said I think it's normal behaviour tbh and if your system is quiet you'll notice it more. If it is faulty then I've been running with a faulty cooler for 3 + months then haha. However the cooling is excellent so I doubt it's faulty.

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Oh yeah, just to be clear on my original thread from August I had a few other unrelated setup issues so our situations aren't exactly identical. But I definitely have the same noise demonstrated in the video you posted in your opening post which is why I chimed in. :)

I did return it to PCS yeah and they acknowledged the fault but it was returned to me in exactly the same state. They reseated it and made a few minor alterations to BIOS (which I actually had to change back because it messed up the way my PC's fan controller worked). Like I said I think it's normal behaviour tbh and if your system is quiet you'll notice it more. If it is faulty then I've been running with a faulty cooler for 3 + months then haha. However the cooling is excellent so I doubt it's faulty.

I got no issues with the temperatures either but according to Scott this cooler is powerful enough to keep CPU cool even when faulty.

The H115i is a very good cooler. It would take something pretty high in temps to saturate it. Even when not running as efficiently as it could (ie with an airlock) it would still perform admirably.

A noisy pump due to a fault doesn't necessarily run inefficiently per say, just noisy.

My concern is that even if I was to rma this, PCS engineer may not consider this to be an issue, especially in a noisy workshop while it is noticeable in my quiet room.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I got no issues with the temperatures either but according to Scott this cooler is powerful enough to keep CPU cool even when faulty.

My concern is that even if I was to rma this, PCS engineer may not consider this to be an issue, especially in a noisy workshop while it is noticeable in my quiet room.
You'd just RMA the pump/ cooler, done as a straight swap with the DPD guy

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
You'd just RMA the pump/ cooler, done as a straight swap with the DPD guy
Awesome, that's great news, thank you. I'm scared to send whole case back after it arrived damaged twice😥😥😥 I've only just had this pc for a couple of days, it's been a blast. You guys doing really good job here.

I'll try to put the case on it's back using books
as support for a couple of hours as you guys suggested and I'll also continue to use pc, if buzz persists after a week I'll get in touch with PCS to discuss this.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Awesome, that's great news, thank you. I'm scared to send whole case back after it arrived damaged twice😥😥😥 I've only just had this pc for a couple of days, it's been a blast. You guys doing really good job here.

I'll try to put the case on it's back using books
as support for a couple of hours as you guys suggested and I'll also continue to use pc, if buzz persists after a week I'll get in touch with PCS to discuss this.
Mine makes the exact same noise, I don’t think it’s a fault, it’s just the pump noise, seems pretty common, I just leave it on quiet and it’s fine, no issues with cooling.

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Mine makes the exact same noise, I don’t think it’s a fault, it’s just the pump noise, seems pretty common, I just leave it on quiet and it’s fine, no issues with cooling.
I saw few different threads and reviews of this cooler and opinions are divided and slightly confusing as interestingly some claim it's very quiet while other say it's supposed to be heard.

I just want to find out if it all comes down to sensitivity and room ambience or if indeed, the pump is faulty.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
I saw few different threads and reviews of this cooler and opinions are divided and slightly confusing as interestingly some claim it's very quiet while other say it's supposed to be heard.

I just want to find out if it all comes down to sensitivity and room ambience or if indeed, the pump is faulty.
Only way to really find out is drop tech support an email and arrange an RMA for the cooler

Cloud9

I think reviews are referring to the fans being quiet. For a lot of people their other system sounds probably mask the noise of the pump.

Keep us updated though as I'd definitely be intrigued if a future RMA has a positive effect.

All the Capellix boys coming out the woodwork for this one eh @RichLan564 :D

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
I think reviews are referring to the fans being quiet. For a lot of people their other system sounds probably mask the noise of the pump.

Keep us updated though as I'd definitely be intrigued if a future RMA has a positive effect.

I will, thanks for all replies and advice given👍👍👍

RichLan564

Bright Spark

Seems like it !

My H150i Capellix LED's packed up the other day, could not for the life of me get them working, checked all the connections, replugged everything and no dice, arranged an RMA for the LED part with tech support then lo and behold they started working the same night, i think it was software, iCUE is just a bit tooooo flaky for my liking