Ipad

subzero

ok so i was in pcworld today and i saw the ipad (not a apple fanboy) anyway i went on it and dispite being a fat version of the ipod touch, it entertained by it and somehow seemed like a quite a good product, i just want anyone elses opnion on wether i should get it or not, if you have one what do you think.

Gorman

Author Level
ok so i was in pcworld today and i saw the ipad (not a apple fanboy) anyway i went on it and dispite being a fat version of the ipod touch, it entertained by it and somehow seemed like a quite a good product, i just want anyone elses opnion on wether i should get it or not, if you have one what do you think.

I have an Iphone, therefore an Ipad mini.

I have used both and cannot believe the Ipad has done as well as it has. Its an Iphone!! without the phone!!

subzero

yh i thourght the same thing, its smaller than i thourght but the screen is huge, which dont makesence, its speedy and looks okay, best of all its easyly jailbroken so i can have even more fun

subzero

yh i relly think apple should support flash wich is a major downside as it would make the ipad much much much cooler, still cost way to much hence im thinking of monthly payments, still abit low on apps compared to iphone, and also what would you say is better, iphone 4 with the retna display etc... or the pad

GazzaScotland

Bronze Level Poster
Its a cool piece of kit. But I just don't see the market for it. Obviously there is one because its sold well. But I wouldn't want to lug one about with me, then when I was at home I would prefer a proper laptop. Fair enough for travelling and what not, but just get a decent smartphone.

Zeplini

I like the ipad, great for reading books and does what most net books do with amazing battery life, shame about flash but that might change due to the EU (rumour has it)

subzero

Its a cool piece of kit. But I just don't see the market for it. Obviously there is one because its sold well. But I wouldn't want to lug one about with me, then when I was at home I would prefer a proper laptop. Fair enough for travelling and what not, but just get a decent smartphone.

yh thats a good point but theres somthin bout it that makes me want to buy it, big screen maby i really dont know,its just cool

not sure how accurate i am so dont laugh but isnt frodo from lord of the rings workin on a bit of software that will jailbreak everything and will neva go out of date ( apple patch it) im sure it was him but correct me if im wrong

i just see it good for travelling, doubt id use it much at home....

Therein lies the sting..

O2 have recently lifted the charges from unlimited to £30 for 500MB, and since that is the only good thing to do with an ipad then you will be charged through the roof for downloading that book or film.
Of course you could be prepared and do it over the WiFi connection, but chances are you will pay thru the nose - as you have been buying the iPad in the first place.

But it does look nice

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I think the iPad is extremely good, depending on what you use it for. I have one which I used to use for all my lecture notes, now I use it for reference material I need to read while programming on my laptop etc.

Depends completely on what you would be using it for really.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I use it as a gaming replaement of my laptop as the games are great on it and run very well with great graphics

I will probably start to use it more seriously in college as well, although i dont have any office apps

There is also iplayer, itv player, 4oD etc and they are great as well as a live TV app for free that really works, even on crappy connections

Noodles

Being an Ipad user, the reasons for me that make it a good piece of a kit are.

(1) Instant access when you switch it on and get on the net.
(2) Easy to pass round at a party/social gathering.
(3) Throwing a picture/video to a HDTV (easily).
(4) Lightweight / battery lasts for ages / easy to store/ very portable.
(5) looks the business.
(6) Netflix and Iplayer when every other TV in the house is in use.
(7) The screen is just the right size to make it a decent viewing experience.

D1craig

Enthusiast
can you play the likes of farmville from facebook on it? im considering getting the missus 1 and all she does is play farmville on facebook lmao and maybe have some music on there. takes up less room than a laptop and gets her off my PC :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
can you play the likes of farmville from facebook on it? im considering getting the missus 1 and all she does is play farmville on facebook lmao and maybe have some music on there. takes up less room than a laptop and gets her off my PC :)

no it doesnt play flash games, although most android tablets do play flash, consider the ASUS Transformer Prime, thats what ill be getting soon, everything about it is better than the ipad (and yet these biased review sites still rate the iPad as better :/)

mishra

Rising Star
I am still undecided whether iPad is a useful device or not... However, a device without a USB slot and/or SDHC memory card... is quite frankly a nice piece of rubbish I will have no use for.

Why make a fantastic device like iPad, to ruin it it by not having such connectivity options ?! It's freaking beyond me. Now I know I can dish out money and buy special cables which are making iPad USB/SDHC compatible... but come one this **** cost enough to have this as standard.

I just wait for iPad 5... surely they will come with USB slot by then.