£1500 budget

Ash_

Master Poster
You could get the lian li and then go super overkill with a H115i elite capellix cooler. Incredibly power and 8 led’s per fan (which are powerful ML ones)

Sanjeet

Bronze Level Poster
If you want to kit out a RGB build, at £1500 budget, you will need to wait for prices to come down, or take a build that is a lower level spec.

Ive tried saying this a variety of ways, but RGB is finishing touches, the stability and performance of the machine is priority or you will end up noticably handicapping the computer. If you want performance and RGB you would need a budget closer to 1.8K-2K

Your best option for a cooler in the price range you are looking is going to be something like the coolermaster 240, because of your budget, buy a decent quality case rather than trying to pimp a cheap one (budget and performance both considered that way).

The lian Li 215 does come in a mid tower which you can order seperately and send in if you want, but you would still have the issue of static fans (its got decent cooling as it is though) Lancool II Mesh RGB Midi-Tower Case but if you want rear fan RGB and RGB AIO etc your best routes are save up some more or buy a solid build now and add RGB elements over time, such as swapping fans about (which is fairly simple to do, especially if you buy a a decent controller that does fans too, not just lighting)

Sending in a case also means theres a lot more options... it might mean some added delay, it depends how quick you can get it to them (just order elsewhere and give PCS address for delivery, but keep PCS informed of details obviously)
Corsair 4000X RGB not quite as good as the 4000D case but that doesnt appear to have a RGB model. Its where it has glass panels rather than the mesh panels, but still a nice choice.

Corsair 220T RGB Airflow a little cheaper, and a good balance of budget/RGB/performance.... but back to static fans.
Theres options at how to do it. But spending £60 on a case, then another £50 on RGB fans is not the most cost efficient way of doing it, and the same or better results can be achieved by just being careful with the case choice.
Yeah I totally get what you’re saying. I’ll have a look at these cases you’ve sent and have a think. Thanks for sending these options :)

Sanjeet

Bronze Level Poster
You could get the lian li and then go super overkill with a H115i elite capellix cooler. Incredibly power and 8 led’s per fan (which are powerful ML ones)
What about the h115i rgb pro xt? I’m guessing thats also a good cooler

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You don't need an AIO cooler for the 5600X as the processor doesn't run hot.
Furthermore, the H115i Pro XT doesn't have RGB fans.

It makes no sense to kit out 10% of the budget on a cooler just because you want RGB, you're at quite a restricted budget as it is and it makes much more sense just to spec a half decent case which will actually benefit the build.

The Coolermaster 240 is more than enough.

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
Why would you be upgrading the system any time soon?? The 5600X is a monster gaming CPU, personally I think you want components that are financially out of reach for your budget. If it's upgrades you want then get a 5800X which will give you limited gaming benefits and pair it with a top of the line Corsair AIO.

Sanjeet

Bronze Level Poster
Furthermore, the H115i Pro XT doesn't have RGB fans.

It makes no sense to kit out 10% of the budget on a cooler just because you want RGB, you're at quite a restricted budget as it is and it makes much more sense just to spec a half decent case which will actually benefit the build.

The Coolermaster 240 is more than enough.
But it’s called the rgb pro xt??

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
Case
LIAN LI LANCOOL 215 GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 2500MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB CORSAIR MP400 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 3480 MB/R, 3000 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler Black Edition
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS & UK OFFSHORE ISLANDS / N IRELAND
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

For comparison, that's my build which is now day 4 . If anything I may upgrade the cooler to the Coolermaster 240 for £18 although from everything I am reading it isn't absolutely essential. Be happy with your build, get a budget and stick with it or prices will rocket very very quick. If you want a gaming PC then the 5600X is for me the best value/performance out there. If you will be using your PC for games and editing etc then you would possibly be better looking for the 5800X with top of the line AIO but you're adding roughly £250.

Sanjeet

Bronze Level Poster
Case
LIAN LI LANCOOL 215 GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 2500MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB CORSAIR MP400 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 3480 MB/R, 3000 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler Black Edition
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS & UK OFFSHORE ISLANDS / N IRELAND
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

For comparison, that's my build which is now day 4 . If anything I may upgrade the cooler to the Coolermaster 240 for £18 although from everything I am reading it isn't absolutely essential. Be happy with your build, get a budget and stick with it or prices will rocket very very quick. If you want a gaming PC then the 5600X is for me the best value/performance out there. If you will be using your PC for games and editing etc then you would possibly be better looking for the 5800X with top of the line AIO but you're adding roughly £250.
But the hyper 212 would do a good enough job as well though right. A few people I know have this cooler and they say it’s good

Yeah it’s just for gaming which is why I’ve stuck with the 5600x

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
But the hyper 212 would do a good enough job as well though right. A few people I know have this cooler and they say it’s good

Yeah it’s just for gaming which is why I’ve stuck with the 5600x
Most people who have something will tell you it's good. I always query how someone comes to the conclusion that something is good..... is it because it doesn't blow up? I always want to know the reasoning, otherwise it's just an opinion based on no evidence.

With that being said.... it is a reasonable cooler.... and for the 5600X it'll have no problems at all. I don't think you would have any issues with the stock cooler though.

My entire point during all of this is that quibbling over £18 and going around and around over it just doesn't stand anyone in good stead. I don't understand the logic to not spend £18 knowing fine well it's a great investment going into the future. If it were the H100i or something of that ilk being recommended, where the savings are ITRO £100, I could totally understand. I just don't have that kind of mindset though, I don't like waste and saving £18 now only to potentially spend £50 in the future boggles my mind.

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
Most people who have something will tell you it's good. I always query how someone comes to the conclusion that something is good..... is it because it doesn't blow up? I always want to know the reasoning, otherwise it's just an opinion based on no evidence.

With that being said.... it is a reasonable cooler.... and for the 5600X it'll have no problems at all. I don't think you would have any issues with the stock cooler though.

My entire point during all of this is that quibbling over £18 and going around and around over it just doesn't stand anyone in good stead. I don't understand the logic to not spend £18 knowing fine well it's a great investment going into the future. If it were the H100i or something of that ilk being recommended, where the savings are ITRO £100, I could totally understand. I just don't have that kind of mindset though, I don't like waste and saving £18 now only to potentially spend £50 in the future boggles my mind.
The thing that scares me with the 240 is the fact there is a chance, a small one I know that it could leak. Do you know if the temp reduction if using the 240 over the 212 is significant??

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The thing that scares me with the 240 is the fact there is a chance, a small one I know that it could leak. Do you know if the temp reduction if using the 240 over the 212 is significant??
AIO's don't leak, that's scare stories from over 10 years ago, not relevant in today's AIO's.

Even if they did leak, they're filled with non conductant cooler so it wouldn't hurt the build at all.

Temps wise, it would likely be a minimum of around 10 degrees cooler under load with a AIO.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

The 240 lite has never had any leaking issues, it's just not a consideration anymore. Any AIO leaking causes inconvenience but not any actual harm/danger. The fluids used in the AIOs tend to be thicker and are all non-conductive. Even if you took snips to one and poured it all over the PC it wouldn't cause any harm..... just hassle.

Consider full blown custom water-cooled systems. When they leak, which is far more often, it's an inconvenience. People have made PCs in fishtanks using non-conductive fluid.

The whole AIO scaremongering has been Chinese whispers for years.