£900 Gaming Desktop

vX FuzE

Hello, I have a £900 budget to build a Gaming Rig but I cannot find the parts that will stay in that budget therefore I am referring for some help from the forum. I know some parts that I would like to have In my PC like the i5 4670 (non K) and at least 8gb of ram but I don't know which GPU to pick as I would like a GPU that can run BF4 on ultra but the game has not been released yet therefore I don't know what GPU will be able to do that. Although the game Is not released yet maybe someone knows on average what GPU is needed. I don't mind which GPU is picked Nvidia or AMD but the processor I would like to be Intel if possible. Advice and Info much appreciated.

Thanks

keynes

Multiverse Poster
For your budget the GTX 760, I don't know what GPU is needed for ultra but I suspect the GTX 760 should be enough.

Spuff

Expert
BTvVHM9CEAEoz9d.png

Going by that chart a GTX 760 should get you close if not all the way there. I wouldn't worry about that 3GB GPU suggestion (3GB seems an odd requirement).
It's not difficult to configure a sub £900 i5 4670 machine with 8GB Ram, using a GTX 760.

It has been written that the game may run a bit better on an AMD because that is what the console versions will be having to use.

Last edited:

bigben

Master Poster
I think recommend is high. Don't know that for a fact though.
GTX760 is way better than the 660 though, I would have thought that it will run it pretty well at 60hz?

edit:
I think I'd take that with a pinch of salt, as Spuff said, that would be very odd, and is quite possibly a typo.
I'm pretty sure it was a typo because neither of those cards have 3gb VRAM

Last edited:

vX FuzE

So If I buy a gtx 670 I should be able to run It at utra ? Or would I need to get like a 760 ?

Thanks

keynes

Multiverse Poster
So If I buy a gtx 670 I should be able to run It at utra ? Or would I need to get like a 760 ?

Thanks

The gtx 670 performs slightly better than the gtx 760. The game has not yet been released so I don't think anyone can give you a definite answer. I think it should be fine.

Rakk

The Awesome
Given the game isn't actually out yet, it's kind of tricky to say :)
And it also depends on what their 'recommended' specs will give you in terms of settings, might be recommended = high settings, might be recommended=ultra, might be recommended=some random settings for all we know :), so again tricky to tell.

vX FuzE

Thanks, i have another question. The beta is coming out on Tuesday would the beta give you an Idea on what is needed and also would it be better If I got the gtx 670 and then SLI'd it with a cheaper card ?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Thanks, i have another question. The beta is coming out on Tuesday would the beta give you an Idea on what is needed and also would it be better If I got the gtx 670 and then SLI'd it with a cheaper card ?

You can only SLI with the same gpu.

vX FuzE

Ooops I didn't know that, thanks for telling me. Guess I'll have to wait till Tuesday to find out :/