0x000000F4 Blue Screen Of Death (registry?)

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
Hey guys, I've been getting the STOP:0x000000F4 error for a while now but when I use CCleaner to clean out my registry, it usually debugs the problem for about a week and a half.

Does this mean that its a registry problem or has anyone else got any further advice?

When it Blue Screens, it takes me to an Intel Boot menu saying that i should insert a proper boot device, so then i have to restart it from the power supply manually.

Could someone help me out please?

- James

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
As with all almost all BSOD errors it can be down to various sources.
with this particular error I would try this first,
Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Computer.
Right-click the OS drive,and then click Properties.
Click the Tools tab, and then, under "Error checking" click Check now.
To automatically repair problems, select "Automatically fix file system errors".
To perform a thorough check, select "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".
To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both "Automatically fix file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".

Last edited:

baron75mk2

Banned
I do this a lot of the time. I will do it tomorrow. thanks :)

Also update your c-Cleaner to the latest 64bit version ( do this for all registry cleaners) as i have had all sorts of issues with non 64bit compatible registry cleaners when i first started out on 64bit.

What if any other than c-cleaner registry cleaners do you have installed ?

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
i only use ccleaner and norton 360's.

I dont believe it though, I left my PC to download sims 3 off steam, and its only downloaded 300mbs/6gb because it bluescreened...

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
wait i think i may have fixed it. i was getting a master browser 8003 error which could have been causing this and it was coming from my mum's pc so i decided to turn off the service on it. lets hope this fixes the problem :mad:

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
It's happened again!
I did a registry clean and less than an hour later it blue screened :/

Can anyone help out at all? :(

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
To keep you updated, i just installed new firmware for my kingston hard drive as the model apparantly had issues at the time ;)

I'll keep you guys updated <3

Buzz

Master
Do you have a spare drive you could test and take out that op sys drive altogether just for testing?

Also what Specs have you got?

Download sf-diagnostic-tool.exe to desktop

Right click it and run as admin.
Click

minidump
Driver list
System info
startup info

Then zip the newly created files from within the sevenforums folder and upload them to a file storage site and link them here
Will have a look then.

Last edited: