15" Vortex II hard drive partition

AndyL

No as it will have absolutely no advantage in terms of speed. Im also not sure if it could reduce the lifetime of the SSD (becuase the OS partition would have a smaller section of NAND memory to use and therefore it would increase the number of write cycles per NAND in that partition. I may however be wrong, but as there seem to be no advantages of partitioning it then I wouldnt bother.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
The reason I would bother would be incase you need to re-install the os. If you have to re-install your os, with a partition, it can make it very easy. However, I suggest you wait for a third opinion!

AshleyUK

Bronze Level Poster
The reason I would bother would be incase you need to re-install the os. If you have to re-install your os, with a partition, it can make it very easy. However, I suggest you wait for a third opinion!

Its a good idea if you feel you may need to install the OS frequently, however with a smaller SSD drive where space is limited creating two parations will limit the amount of programs and data that can be installed, and it can be very difficult/dangerous and time comsuming to change partation sizes if its a partation that is followed by another (Basicly the first partation)

There is many other form's and methods to reinstall Windows without formating the whole drive, however with any Reinstall weither one or two partations programs will need to be reinstalled due to Registry and files located inside the Windows File System being wiped by the reinstall.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Not worth it in my opinion,although it is easy to do with windows7 disk management.
In case you need to reinstall windows for whatever reason,including drive failure,
better to create a system image on an external drive using
windows7 own back up and restore utility.