16GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6800 XT Availability

JLM

How long were you waiting for 6800xt stock if you remember?

In all I've had to wait 43 working days before going into build.
But that was with 5900x and 6800xt both on pre-order when I placed my order on January 18.
So it's hard to tell on which I've had to wait the longest.

But to my knowledge, if stock comes in and they receive enough, parts will also be assigned to orders that are still waiting to go into build.
At one point during my 43 days wait, the 6800xt was not on pre-order for over a week. Which means they had enough at that time to fulfill outstanding orders.
I guess at that point one was also assigned to me and all that was needed was for a 5900x to become available.

So just be patient. ;)
Eventually they will receive a new batch and one will be assigned to you, even if -after that- you still have to wait for other parts.

My guess is that with 5900x and/or 6800xt you won't have to wait much more than 40 working days tops.
People waiting for 3080 or 3090 though, apparently they can reach 100 days.

In all I've had to wait 43 working days before going into build.
But that was with 5900x and 6800xt both on pre-order when I placed my order on January 18.
So it's hard to tell on which I've had to wait the longest.

But to my knowledge, if stock comes in and they receive enough, parts will also be assigned to orders that are still waiting to go into build.
At one point during my 43 days wait, the 6800xt was not on pre-order for over a week. Which means they had enough at that time to fulfill outstanding orders.
I guess at that point one was also assigned to me and all that was needed was for a 5900x to become available.

So just be patient. ;)
Eventually they will receive a new batch and one will be assigned to you, even if -after that- you still have to wait for other parts.

My guess is that with 5900x and/or 6800xt you won't have to wait much more than 40 working days tops.
People waiting for 3080 or 3090 though, apparently they can reach 100 days.
Thanks for the reply!

When I ordered (17/03), the 5900x was showing as in stock. Just the 6800xt was pre-order. Fingers crossed!

My build with a 5800x and 6800xt was dispatched on working day 19.
Unfortunately it’s being delivered to Ireland with fedex so I could be waiting another 19 days for fedex to actually get it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i just asked on ''Live Chat'' the expected wait time and this is the reply I got

''We have about 490 orders on the list so safe to say probably a couple of months''

Not really the news I was hoping for but oh well, looks like Im gonna be waiting quite awhile

DudBro

I had a RX 6800XT ( same XFX as JLM )in my build and the PC was complete and with me in just under 28 days, which I reckon is pretty good in the current market.

Please note that the following products are not currently in stock and will delay your order. Please select an alternative product:

16GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6800 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
(ETA: 20-06-2021)

I expected it to be awhile, but no stock due till nearly July is a bit bizarre...

vinox28

This is the response I got from PCS yesterday regarding 6800XT

'We are waiting on new deliveries on the graphics card Unfortunately, we had some stock available but the remaining units have proven to be faulty and must therefore be returned to the manufacturer'

Apparently my CPU has been allocated and now I am just waiting for the GPU, sadly they have no ETA on the new batch of GPUs.

65WD

curumo30

Hello everyone,

I've also seen that the RX 6800 XT (non specific model) is now greyed out and can't be ordered. I placed my order with this GPU a month ago now and I'm a little bit worried about this June ETA. :confused: (I'm at 25 days pre-production)
I have contacted PCS and they told me that they were receiving stocks as usual (at some weeks intervals) and they just put the RX 6800 XT out of the configurator until June so that they can complete existing orders. (no info on faulty cards as you mentionned VINOX28, weird.. )

Yet, I can't help but wonder why they decided to do that now and why they indicated an ETA that far.
Plus I feel like, on one side we don't really talk about rx 6800 xt availibilty that much on the forum these days (some people received theirs recently in very little time !) but on the other side PCS told me there was like more than 400 orders in the queue for that GPU.

Does anyone have more informations maybe ?

Thanks ! :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello everyone,

I've also seen that the RX 6800 XT (non specific model) is now greyed out and can't be ordered. I placed my order with this GPU a month ago now and I'm a little bit worried about this June ETA. :confused: (I'm at 25 days pre-production)
I have contacted PCS and they told me that they were receiving stocks as usual (at some weeks intervals) and they just put the RX 6800 XT out of the configurator until June so that they can complete existing orders. (no info on faulty cards as you mentionned VINOX28, weird.. )

Yet, I can't help but wonder why they decided to do that now and why they indicated an ETA that far.
Plus I feel like, on one side we don't really talk about rx 6800 xt availibilty that much on the forum these days (some people received theirs recently in very little time !) but on the other side PCS told me there was like more than 400 orders in the queue for that GPU.

Does anyone have more informations maybe ?

Thanks ! :)
It’s not something we can help with, none of work for PCS

vinox28

My computer went into build yesterday afternoon (6800XT) and was tested in the evening, today this morning I received an email that its awaiting for a dispatch.

Today I am on 74 WD, however I only managed to get 5950x allocated to my order around 60WD.

Hope that's helpful information @curumo30

curumo30

@SpyderTracks I know but I thought that maybe some people had also asked them about it :)

@vinox28 Thanks for your reply. How did you know which components were allocated and which one was not ? At least, if your GPU was the lacking component, it seems that they indeed keep receiving stocks. 74WD though ... I hope it doesn't mean that I'll probably have to wait around 2 months more ... Fingers crossed, it's hard to estimate. Thank you very much !

curumo30

Oh I see @Raymondo316 , thanks for the info we're on the same boat :)

It seems that they received XFX Merc 319 stock today and listed it as a different model. What's weird is that people on the forum that ordered non specific 6800XT model used to receive these cards in the last weeks. :unsure:

Delta9

I rang them today and they said that they have no stock and no knowledge of when they will get any more stock of either the xfx, the tuf gaming or the standard AMD card. I mentioned that the xfx card had only just gone on to site but he said it must have sold out immediately.

Last edited:

CMP01

Enthusiast
I rang them today and they said that they have no stock and no knowledge of when they will get any more stock of either the xfx, the tuf gaming or the standard AMD card. I mentioned that the xfx card had only just gone on to site but he said it must have sold out immediately.

Well, that's disappointing although the option for the XFX Merc isn't greyed out (nor says pre-order only) for me. I guess they haven't corrected it or however it's done hasn't caught up. Maybe if I actually try to order...

Goes away for five minutes...

Just tried making up a PC close to what I want and clicked on proceed. Only got a message window to tell me that the mobo was out of stock and I had too many fans. Nothing about the XFX Merc I selected so I dunno. Maybe there's another level of 'nah, can't have that' after that point?

A problem with the fans though... the case has none apparently but six slots, the CPU cooler has two and the fan kit I chose has three. Could be the case description is wrong (I've looked around and see conflicting info they might have two non RGB basic fans) but still, I want all six slots filled with ideally the same standard of fans and definitely not some RGB and one fan non RGB, even if I have to pay more and PCS have to throw the leftover fans out or keep as spares. That'd be like a smile with a missing tooth front and centre, ugh.

Delta9

When I ordered the tuf gaming 6800xt there was nothing about preorder or no stock either it looked like it was in stock but it isn't according to the telephone sales advisers.

curumo30

I tried to amend my order by changing from amd standard model to the xfx one. (Just to see)
On the confirmation page, the stock status of the xfx merc 319 6800xt is orange meaning that it’s in stock but there are more orders with this card in waiting list than the number of cards currently in stock which I have to admit think it’s pretty hard to understand.
Why would you let people order cards even though you know all stock will go in the orders that have been processed before you... 🤔