16GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6800 XT Availability

curumo30

Hello everyone,

Last Friday, I received an email from PCS advising me to change the GPU card for a 3070 because of the global shortage. I'm currently at 42WD. Am I the only one who received this email ? Actually, i don't know if ANY order has even been completed with this GPU in the last months. (You probably don't know either sadly :confused: ) I feel like they have not received 6800XT cards for months now which is weird and not very reassuring at the same time ... .

Last edited:

CMP01

Enthusiast
Hello everyone,

Last Friday, I received an email from PCS advising me to change the GPU card for a 3070 because of the global shortage. I'm currently at 42WD. Am I the only one who received this email ? Actually, i don't know if ANY order has even been completed with this GPU in the last months. (You probably don't know either sadly :confused: ) I feel like they have not received 6800XT cards for months now which is weird and not very reassuring at the same time ... .

Well, on the one hand it's kind of cool that you got such an email... on the other not cool that there's not such communication for everybody nor more frequently.

42 (workdays or weeks? I'll assume days) isn't the worst I've heard, given that my own build would've been end of June-end of July (estimated) but I'd be unwilling to wait that long tbh. Especially now, as in order to mitigate the build time I eliminated the one part that would delay things (the GPU) and ordered that elsewhere when the opportunity arose. Managed to get lucky and find what would've been my first choice GPU in saner times.
But yeah, prior to that I tried amending my order to get ahead of the gulf between orders taken (and okayed, no issues flagged) and finding out days after that it's now build and test time plus 1-2 months due to stock/preorders etc. Frustrating... but now it should be a case of wherever I am in the queue and no issues with stock/availability, right?
Of course, it'd be just my luck if it's still end of June-July now but... I'm seeing posts here and there that indicate that it's my choice of case and PSU that could slow things down... sigh...

Anyway, I'm now at the stage where I get an email every 5 days re build status, with the third one tomorrow. I'll give it another 2-3 emails after that then rethink things.

Hello everyone,

I've just received the same email, the thing is I really don't want to downgrade to the 3070.........every comparison video I've watched the 6800XT outperforms it by quite a bit.

Also, they've been emailing people who ordered a 3080 to swap to a 3070, so I don't see how this is going to speed the process up if you tell lots of people to just swap to the same card.

CMP01

Enthusiast
I've just received the same email, the thing is I really don't want to downgrade to the 3070.........every comparison video I've watched the 6800XT outperforms it by quite a bit.

Also, they've been emailing people who ordered a 3080 to swap to a 3070, so I don't see how this is going to speed the process up if you tell lots of people to just swap to the same card.

Tbf on average even the 6800 is a better bet than a 3070 (excluding the RT/DLSS FTW or nothing crowd, of course) but yeah, you're right... redirecting everybody short a 3080 down to a 3070 can only make that card scarcer faster.
And then anyway, what about those folks going for 4K or 1440UW with longevity? Going lower only means cutting expectations and/or upgrading sooner.

And then it'll be "how's about a 3060ti, that do for ya?" (though at that stage I wouldn't take a 6700 over it, down that end Nvidia win more cleanly, RT/DLSS or not)

curumo30

Same here ...
I would maybe consider getting the RX 6800 but nothing seems to say that its availability is any better. I mean, I guess I can wait untill July but what's frustrating for me is not to know if things are just moving very slowly (few orders completed each week/month so it's likely I can get a GPUs if I wait) or if things are completely stopped right now without any info on when they will receive anything. That case would be the worse. Sad we can't know our position in the queue.
Well, on the one hand it's kind of cool that you got such an email... on the other not cool that there's not such communication for everybody nor more frequently.

42 (workdays or weeks? I'll assume days) isn't the worst I've heard, given that my own build would've been end of June-end of July (estimated) but I'd be unwilling to wait that long tbh. Especially now, as in order to mitigate the build time I eliminated the one part that would delay things (the GPU) and ordered that elsewhere when the opportunity arose. Managed to get lucky and find what would've been my first choice GPU in saner times.
But yeah, prior to that I tried amending my order to get ahead of the gulf between orders taken (and okayed, no issues flagged) and finding out days after that it's now build and test time plus 1-2 months due to stock/preorders etc. Frustrating... but now it should be a case of wherever I am in the queue and no issues with stock/availability, right?
Of course, it'd be just my luck if it's still end of June-July now but... I'm seeing posts here and there that indicate that it's my choice of case and PSU that could slow things down... sigh...

Anyway, I'm now at the stage where I get an email every 5 days re build status, with the third one tomorrow. I'll give it another 2-3 emails after that then rethink things.
Is this possible ? I mean, my ordered case is Lian Li Lancool II. It's not available anymore but I would think that they saved one waiting for my order no ? Or do they start to gather components only when every items is in stock ? It wouldn't make sense to me but maybe I'm wrong.

CMP01

Enthusiast
Same here ...
I would maybe consider getting the RX 6800 but nothing seems to say that its availability is any better. I mean, I guess I can wait untill July but what's frustrating for me is not to know if things are just moving very slowly (few orders completed each week/month so it's likely I can get a GPUs if I wait) or if things are completely stopped right now without any info on when they will receive anything. That case would be the worse. Sad we can't know our position in the queue.

Is this possible ? I mean, my ordered case is Lian Li Lancool II. It's not available anymore but I would think that they saved one waiting for my order no ? Or do they start to gather components only when every items is in stock ? It wouldn't make sense to me but maybe I'm wrong.

That's exactly it. My case is a Corsair 4000D Airflow. Last I checked, a couple of days back, they weren't even in the configurator anymore so I guess that's a lack of stock or PCS don't like the case anymore or... dunno... who knows?

Aside from that, the usual means of testing stock I use (configure another build exactly the same, proceed, and see what flags up) I haven't tried for the case. Tbh I got tired of that after the last time informed me that the AiO I chose wouldn't fit in the case with the previous GPU option. When the previous times I'd configured with same case, AiO and GPU etc had no probs... and that AiO/GPU conflict seems to stem from installing in a way that's not the most preferential tbh (that is, with AiO behind front case fans) and I've done enough research to know that all three parts, case, GPU and AiO (with fans) should still just about fit in that config anyway, even if it isn't the best way.
Seems the configurator, stock update system etc is all over the place atm.

I've the same question as you re that too... is the case (or any other part even) put aside for builds even if other parts aren't ready or only prepped/fetched on build day itself...

When I spoke to someone at PCS yesterday they said with the amount of people switching from other cards to the 3070, it really wouldn't speed my order up one bit.

curumo30

Reached 50 WD. Did you guys have any news about 6800 xt availability ? PCS just told me they received cards last week and that it did complete some existing orders but a lot remain in the queue.

I saw yesterday that the 6800xt non specific model is now listed with a high price in the configurator (it's now more expensive than the MERC model). Don't know the reason of this change :unsure:.

Last edited:

Last_Try

I ordered in late March - on 50 work-day pre-production wait at the moment. Asked PCS last week for an update, got told that the wait for the 6800 and 6800xt would be at least another 1,5 - 3 months for me. So expect around 5 month wait if you ordered 6800 or 6800xt in end-March or later.

Hobag

Has anyone had their 6800xt PC shipped recently?

My order processed back on 6th April (43 working days). Just trying gauge some sort of timeframe.

Carl_Sagan_Fan

Has anyone had their 6800xt PC shipped recently?

My order processed back on 6th April (43 working days). Just trying gauge some sort of timeframe.
Just had an email this morning at 8.15 saying it's gone into production. Not sure which model of 6800xt I'm getting but am just glad it's being built. This is 55 working days. 😃

curumo30

Same here but 62 workings day ahah. They must have received a shipment recently. Curious about which model it is though :) .

Carl_Sagan_Fan

Attachments

• cropped2.jpg
    cropped2.jpg
    815.2 KB · Views: 421

curumo30

So it arrived today and not sure exactly on the model but it seems to be an XFX speedster 6800xt swf 309 Core. Which I can only find very limited info on. No branding on the actual card.

Wow, this looks ... pretty bad actually. No brand name, no light, nothing. Never heard of this model. At least it should work I guess but still a bit disappointed in terms of look :cry:. Let's hope the fans and entire cooling performance are good.

Last edited:

Carl_Sagan_Fan

If you install GPUz it will tell you the exact model. It’s likely an OEM model rather than a consumer card
Attached the GPUZ screen, the link takes me to this card :

Which I think is incorrect as a small sticker on the card itsself definitely states otherwise

At the end of the day I'm not personally worried about it, my case is enclosed so I won't be seeing it but may be of concern to others if the have glass panel. Happy with what I'm getting so far with performance from the card and on SOTR benchmark too. :)

Attachments

• gpuz.gif
    gpuz.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,042
  • zoom.gif
    zoom.gif
    572.2 KB · Views: 189

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Attached the GPUZ screen, the link takes me to this card :

Which I think is incorrect as a small sticker on the card itsself definitely states otherwise

At the end of the day I'm not personally worried about it, my case is enclosed so I won't be seeing it but may be of concern to others if the have glass panel. Happy with what I'm getting so far with performance from the card and on SOTR benchmark too. :)
I think it's just an OEM Merc Speedster which is one of the best performing cards around.

CMP01

Enthusiast
I think it's just an OEM Merc Speedster which is one of the best performing cards around.

Quite possibly. Though the only info albeit a short search (out of curiosity) that I could find about the SWFT 309 was that there appear to not be 6800XT versions (could only find a 6700XT listed but TechPowerUp could be mistaken) but yeah, if GPUZ aso says it's okay then all good.