30 series manufacturer

Yorkmann

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

So I'm going to be building a new rig with a 30 series card in it. On the site it says "Not Founders Edition" but doesn't say who it's made by. I know PCS used to use Palit cards, so is this the case for these and if not do we know who the manufacturer is?

Citrus_9

Expert
Hi,

So I'm going to be building a new rig with a 30 series card in it. On the site it says "Not Founders Edition" but doesn't say who it's made by. I know PCS used to use Palit cards, so is this the case for these and if not do we know who the manufacturer is?
Ar the moment it can be anything what PCS can get fro suppliers. Mostly it's Palit, sometimes Zotac.

When you'll have your specs ready, drop it here or in the Check this spec thread (mods will merge) with a link, budget and a monitor so we could advise you 👍🏾

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi,

It doesn’t say who it’s made by as it can very, especially currently. PCS normally use Palit and Zotac cards but we have seen some Gigabyte and Gainward cards recently as they’re likely just trying to get any cards they can get their hands on. If you’d like a specific card there are always the ASUS options but they do come at a premium and a likely longer wait.

I also assume you’re aware PCS is a system intergrator so will build the PC for you, just wanted to make sure with the use of the word “build” in your initial message. If you’d like some help with your spec feel free to post it here with the link at the bottom, your budget, monitor info and what you’ll be using the PC for. We’d be happy to help!

Yorkmann

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks guys! I've already specced everything up and had some help on here already, it just caught my eye today that it doesn't say who they get them from but that would make sense given the limited stock. Can anyone advise on the current quality of Palit/Zotac cards? My old 780ti from here was a Palit card and it died within a year

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thanks guys! I've already specced everything up and had some help on here already, it just caught my eye today that it doesn't say who they get them from but that would make sense given the limited stock. Can anyone advise on the current quality of Palit/Zotac cards? My old 780ti from here was a Palit card and it died within a year
I have a Zotac 2070 from PCS and it’s still going strong 2 years later!

Citrus_9

Expert
Palit are pretty good, they are mainly focused and well known in Asia, but also Europe, including UK, less known in the US. Simplier looking plastic, no fancy bells or whistles like RGB and they sometimes use the same basic heat sink from card to card series.

They will perform exactly the same as any other card.

Yorkmann

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks. In terms of performance I'm not worried - it's the actual quality and longevity of the card I'm more worried about given past experience

Ash_

Master Poster
I think a Gigabyte card has a 3 or 5 year warranty and they also allow for you to take the card apart and repaste etc.

Citrus_9

Expert
Thanks. In terms of performance I'm not worried - it's the actual quality and longevity of the card I'm more worried about given past experience
If you want, can source a GPU and install it yourself, just pick 'None, already have' (the very last in the bottom) from the GPU dropdown of the configurator.

Or you can pick an Asus GPU if you're going for 3070, 3080, 3090. It's in the same configurator under GPU selection, just below in the same dropdown.

Citrus_9

Expert
The ASUS cards seem to be greyed out and unable to be seelected
Yes, I can see that now... Predicted to be in stock in June only... Oh well, that's the situation we're all in now... Try to source yourself maybe - worth to try and look around.