4K Screen instead of 1080p 144Hz !! Wtf ?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
So since this wasn't caused by myself, does it mean they should allow me to keep my 14 days intact when I receive my laptop back ?
This is what I've been asking them.
What was being said to me is that they will make that judgement after they have examined the laptop, but the senior employee I spoke with 'would advocate for pausing it' in your case. That I suggest is the best answer you're going to get now. Speaking personally (and I don't work for PCS) I would be very surprised if they don't pause your 14 days given the details you've provided here. :)

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
All right so they answered this :

"Just talked to my manager and he confirms that your retraction right (14 days) will be reset during RMA and will be valid when you receive your laptop back from RMA. You will have a new retraction right."

So this is good news indeed, thanks guys.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

"Just talked to my manager and he confirms that your retraction right (14 days) will be reset during RMA and will be valid when you receive your laptop back from RMA. You will have a new retraction right."

I'm really pleased! I think it's the least they could do, but I'm still glad they honoured it :)

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
If the answer was no I was just going to send it back forever and get my money back haha, so yeah it's definitely a good thing.
Glad they were understanding on this.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As above. Terrible shame to have had the problem with the laptop (any laptop, but specially such an expensive one).

But it sounds like PCS are trying to put this right as well as they can. Hopefully that will continue (I'm sure it will - they must be as embarrassed the mistake happened as you were disappointed to receive the wrong item!)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Good to hear, though of course you shouldn't have been in this position in the first place, but stuff happens and people make mistakes.

The real quality of PCS is how they deal with their mistakes.

My experience of PCS, both as a returning customer and from what I see on here, is that they're a decent and honest company who more than go the extra mile. I genuinely believe that you can trust PCS.

Do let us know how you get on. [emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
I do have trust in PCS or I wouldn't have spent that much money on a computer made by them. It's just that my first impression won't be as positive as I hoped it would be. Of course people make mistake and I understand that, it's good they took care of the matter so quickly, it shows they care about the products they send out into the world. I just wish things were smoother than that for a first time ordering there.
But yeah, c'est la vie !

In france right now we have this huge generalized strike and most public services are basically shut down for an undetermined period of time.
So my worry is that the package from PCS, handled by french mail would take ages to get back to me from RMA because of that.

Fingers crossed everything is gonna go smoothly from here on out.
Appreciate all the answers and support from this forum, thanks !

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
In france right now we have this huge generalized strike and most public services are basically shut down for an undetermined period of time.
So my worry is that the package from PCS, handled by french mail would take ages to get back to me from RMA because of that.
In the UK it would be collected by a courier, is that not the case in France then? I live on the Greek island of Crete and if I had to send my PC back for an RMA I would most certainly use a courier. I feel for you with the strikes though, the Greeks are fond of them too - usually on a Wednesday. Never plan to fly into or out of Greece on a Wednesday - and that's my tip of the day!