5 days later

Hewhoist

Enthusiast
I've still not heard anything about my laptop with the 4k screen. Not sure if I've been missed out or if they have mine reserved already?

I've been told 3 weeks despite ordering before you so I'm guessing you may also be in the same boat? I'm going to contact them and ask if they'll ship mine with stock screen then send me the 4k screen when it arrives and I'll install myself.

Not sure if this helps, but if I choose the 4k screen on the configurator for the Vortex VI the ETA is scheduled for earliest 12th September which I'm attributing to hardware shortages.

Maybe everyone who's ordered the 4k screen on their respective purchases is in the front of the long queue?

Hewhoist

Enthusiast
Not sure if this helps, but if I choose the 4k screen on the configurator for the Vortex VI the ETA is scheduled for earliest 12th September which I'm attributing to hardware shortages.

Maybe everyone who's ordered the 4k screen on their respective purchases is in the front of the long queue?

yeah I'm thinking anyone wanting a 17inch laptop with 4k screen is in for a long wait. It's saying the same for the configurator for my own build so I'm taking the 12th with a pinch of salt as the email I got finally said that it would be 3 weeks which is longer than the 12th. That's before the laptop is even built so there's testing etc after to add to that. I'm happy enough installing my own screen or even RMA'ing it back unless that is going to take as long.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I just contacted them on live chat and they confirmed the 12th to me. We will just need to wait and see :)

Hewhoist

Enthusiast
I just contacted them on live chat and they confirmed the 12th to me. We will just need to wait and see :)

I've had no luck with online chat at all so I'm currently on hold on the phone to them. I really can't go without a laptop for 2-3 weeks so I'm going to see if they'll do what I've suggested. I've got extended warranty so they aren't paying extra for labor or courier and I've already paid for the 4k screen if I RMA it back but if I self install then I've got a 1080 screen as a backup if anything bad happens.

What did you order Scotster?

Hewhoist

Enthusiast

I really would take that date with a pinch of salt though I'm on the phone now as I type and I've just been told they don't even have that date down for the screens. Don't know if you're wanting same spec as me so could be different but it's not a strong indicator you'll get the screen for the 12th. I'm asking if they'll send it out with stock as I mentioned and either RMA or self install. Mentioned it'll save them time and stress over suppliers if the screen doesn't come on time. I'm at 10 day since ordering and if I wait till the 12th for the 4k that'll be 23 days and that's not even counting build time testing etc

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've had no luck with online chat at all so I'm currently on hold on the phone to them. I really can't go without a laptop for 2-3 weeks so I'm going to see if they'll do what I've suggested. I've got extended warranty so they aren't paying extra for labor or courier and I've already paid for the 4k screen if I RMA it back but if I self install then I've got a 1080 screen as a backup if anything bad happens.

What did you order Scotster?

Octane III with a 4k screen, same as yourself I believe.

I'd be more than happy to fit the screen myself if it meant I got the laptop earlier.

Hewhoist

Enthusiast
Octane III with a 4k screen, same as yourself I believe.

I'd be more than happy to fit the screen myself if it meant I got the laptop earlier.

Ok I've spoken with them. They'll send out my laptop with the stock IPS 1080 screen. It's already built apart from that so progress should be quick. Whenever the 4k screens arrive they'll get in touch. However since they aren't a warranty issue to get it installed will involve sending it back to them as an upgrade. Which tbh I don't mind the money I'll lose from work not being online will be more than that 10x over. Did offer to self install however they said no because of the 4k screen needing different cables which is ok as long as its within the 3-5 day range for upgrades. I am however wondering if by the time it's here (4k screen) we might be seeing some traction on the 120hz? (just a thought) as long as I've got the main guts i7 and 1080 I'll be ok with 1080 for now. Pleased to have made some progress. Actually got an apology from the person helping me who was polite (after 30mins on hold) and explained that part sourcing for the new machines has been really bad and the demand itself has surprised even them. Got a refund of £99 and if i do decide when the 4k comes in to go for it I'll pay 150 which I don't mind tbh as I'd of paid three times that just to get the laptop. Also I'm on holiday towards the end of next month so it's the perfect time to send the laptop back without impacting on work.

wilmck317

Well that's nice to hear from a forum post rather than the company. Before I ordered I used live chat to specifically ask if there were any delays and was informed parts were all in stock. I'm now on day 11 and it's in pre production with no communication. Guess I'll have to chase them up and see whats happening.

Hewhoist

Enthusiast
Well that's nice to hear from a forum post rather than the company. Before I ordered I used live chat to specifically ask if there were any delays and was informed parts were all in stock. I'm now on day 11 and it's in pre production with no communication. Guess I'll have to chase them up and see whats happening.

Yeah it's frustrating but you're best chasing them up by phone. I'm on day 11 also but I was told mine should go into building tomorrow after amending my order about the screen. Hope you get some information

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

I was the same. When I asked about it they said it must have gone into my junk mail (I don't have a spam filter). I've received no such communication. At times I prefer honesty to excuses. They clearly didn't let all the customers know IMO, just say that.... mistakes happen, it's how you deal with them that count and lying to cover your own backside isn't a good tactic.

wilmck317

I dont actually even see the ETA on the site strangely
Chassis & DisplayOctane Series: 17.3" Matte 4K IPS LED Widescreen (3840x2160) (€122)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I dont actually even see the ETA on the site strangely
Chassis & DisplayOctane Series: 17.3" Matte 4K IPS LED Widescreen (3840x2160) (€122)

When you "proceed" with the order it will state the delay.

wilmck317

Ahh I see it now, I'm assuming I wasn't contacted as I ordered with the 1080 screen then changed to the 4k when it appeared on the site.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Guessing someone somewhere has either read this thread or just noticed that the emails didn't go out as I got an email saying my laptop has entered pre-production and there may be a delay etc. My Laptop entered pre-production 9 days ago :D

Hewhoist

Enthusiast
Guessing someone somewhere has either read this thread or just noticed that the emails didn't go out as I got an email saying my laptop has entered pre-production and there may be a delay etc. My Laptop entered pre-production 9 days ago :D

I got told would get shipped today, after amending my order. No e-mail online says in building though my order says built. Bit tired of this tbh I just want my laptop it's day 13 and its costing me money not to have a computer