5900x 3080 no lights on graphics card

SiAdams

I watched a walk through of the first part on you tube the other day, does look good
Yeah it is. I’ve literally only had chance to play about 40 mins as it kept crashing. I turned HDR off on the windows desktop display settings and that seemed to work. Apparently a known issue

graphics look awesome. Let me know if you do get it with your SSD

SiAdams

Think i posted this in the wrong thread so apologies,

My PC works fine, however the RGB does not work on the GPU. It is a Zotac Gaming 3080. If there is a thread with an explanation that someone can direct me to it please as i have searched but cannot seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Think i posted this in the wrong thread so apologies,

My PC works fine, however the RGB does not work on the GPU. It is a Zotac Gaming 3080. If there is a thread with an explanation that someone can direct me to it please as i have searched but cannot seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.
If you install Firestorm, there's a section in there called Spectra which does all the RGB for zotac cards

SiAdams

If you install Firestorm, there's a section in there called Spectra which does all the RGB for zotac cards

Thanks bud,

i have downloaded this already and it doesn't let me select on the Spectra option on the far right. Zotac do state that some cards may not be compatible for RGB but ill be surprised if that is the case for my card as most on the 3080 thread that i have seen with a Zotac have RGB.

I have emailed Zotac to see if they can help. I have updated and downloaded the latest drivers. If the RGB doesn't work it isn't a biggy and not worth sending the PC back for that.

Once again, thanks for your reply. I will update this thread with the results

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks bud,

i have downloaded this already and it doesn't let me select on the Spectra option on the far right. Zotac do state that some cards may not be compatible for RGB but ill be surprised if that is the case for my card as most on the 3080 thread that i have seen with a Zotac have RGB.

I have emailed Zotac to see if they can help. I have updated and downloaded the latest drivers. If the RGB doesn't work it isn't a biggy and not worth sending the PC back for that.

Once again, thanks for your reply. I will update this thread with the results
If you install GPU-z from here:

Can you let us know the device ID?

SiAdams

Not the driver ID, but the device ID?
Sorry that is the Device ID 10DE 2216 - 19DA 612

Bit of a moment there hahah

1629048834206.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Can you take a photo of the card?

Zotac Gaming is their general name for all the models, the one you have appears to be an OEM card, so I'd be surprised if it has RGB, but am struggling to identify the model by the Device ID. You can tell it's an EOM as the Subvendor in GPU-z is listed as Zotac / PC Partner. If it was a standard card that would just say Zotac.

You may well need to confirm with Zotac what model it is as there would be no public entry of OEM cards so we wouldn't be able to tell unless it's printed on the card itself.

It will either be an Amp Holo or a Trinity.

SiAdams

Hang on, hang on..... just came across this which may be relevant:

Did you definitely download firestorm from the same page I provided?
I did mate. I have been looking online a while and found that page earlier today

someone online mentioned to uninstall the Nvidia drivers and then install the firestorm. I may try this if Zotac cannot help. Would this method be a pain or not?

I have uploaded some pics. I have tried to post as much of the card as I can
6DC6335E-C32C-4574-9E9B-680F101BA45F.jpeg
2F15D541-11ED-4D5E-BD4F-5B1BA0185CD3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

SiAdams

Yes i can see now it is a Trinity card -

i have removed the existing firestorm and reinstall your link

still doesn't let me select the Spectra tab :(

I will be careful with my words as well haha i meant no offence and i know there is rules

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes i can see now it is a Trinity card -

i have removed the existing firestorm and reinstall your link

still doesn't let me select the Spectra tab :(

I will be careful with my words as well haha i meant no offence and i know there is rules
No, don't worry about it :)

I know these cards can be a little flaky with their RGB, I do expect it's something software / firmware related rather than a hardware issue with the card.

Fingers crossed Zotac get back to you quick, that's probably going to be the quickest resolution.

If all else fails and it is a problem physically with the card, you can create an RMA just for one component rather than having to send the whole build back, PCS would then ship you a replacement card for next day delivery via DPD, and the courier takes the broken one and returns it and hands you the replacement, so it's fairly painless.

SiAdams

No, don't worry about it :)

I know these cards can be a little flaky with their RGB, I do expect it's something software / firmware related rather than a hardware issue with the card.

Fingers crossed Zotac get back to you quick, that's probably going to be the quickest resolution.

If all else fails and it is a problem physically with the card, you can create an RMA just for one component rather than having to send the whole build back, PCS would then ship you a replacement card for next day delivery via DPD, and the courier takes the broken one and returns it and hands you the replacement, so it's fairly painless.
Absolutely brilliant mate

i will wait for Zotac to get back to me, if it cannot be resolved i will get onto PCS.

Is there a timescale as to when you can request an RMA?

thanks for your help

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Absolutely brilliant mate

i will wait for Zotac to get back to me, if it cannot be resolved i will get onto PCS.

Is there a timescale as to when you can request an RMA?

thanks for your help
Pleasure helping you, mate, you've got the patience of a saint. I know I can be quite demanding when troubleshooting, I'm a bit of a control freak and always assume no one does things the way I would which leads me to getting quite stressed, it's a big shortcoming that I'm continually working on! Appreciate you following through so easily.

I don't believe there's a timescale with PCS, you could log it now if you wanted and then cancel it if Zotac get back to you before PCS pick it up.

I don't believe PCS have a clause whereby if you don't log it within 2 weeks of the fault occuring it voids your warranty or anything like that. This isn't going to cause any further damage while it's not working, so there's no rush at all.

SiAdams

Pleasure helping you, mate, you've got the patience of a saint. I know I can be quite demanding when troubleshooting, I'm a bit of a control freak and always assume no one does things the way I would which leads me to getting quite stressed, it's a big shortcoming that I'm continually working on! Appreciate you following through so easily.

I don't believe there's a timescale with PCS, you could log it now if you wanted and then cancel it if Zotac get back to you before PCS pick it up.

I don't believe PCS have a clause whereby if you don't log it within 2 weeks of the fault occuring it voids your warranty or anything like that. This isn't going to cause any further damage while it's not working, so there's no rush at all.
I think i speak for everyone when i say this forum is a god send. The help you get is brilliant. You guys go out your way to help.

Yes i may do that now and see who gets back to me first ha

i will keep the thread posted. Might as well get it sorted just in case there is something wrong with the card, although i agree with you, i honestly think its a software issue.

cheers :)