5900x 3080 no lights on graphics card

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I think i speak for everyone when i say this forum is a god send. The help you get is brilliant. You guys go out your way to help.

Yes i may do that now and see who gets back to me first ha

i will keep the thread posted. Might as well get it sorted just in case there is something wrong with the card, although i agree with you, i honestly think its a software issue.

cheers :)
You may even find Zotac offer a replacement, I'm not familiar with their after sales support, but it's not unheard of. If that's the case, I'd let PCS know that they're doing that and maybe send them any details that Zotac send through to you like serial number etc.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Pleasure helping you, mate, you've got the patience of a saint. I know I can be quite demanding when troubleshooting, I'm a bit of a control freak and always assume no one does things the way I would which leads me to getting quite stressed, it's a big shortcoming that I'm continually working on! Appreciate you following through so easily.

I don't believe there's a timescale with PCS, you could log it now if you wanted and then cancel it if Zotac get back to you before PCS pick it up.

I don't believe PCS have a clause whereby if you don't log it within 2 weeks of the fault occuring it voids your warranty or anything like that. This isn't going to cause any further damage while it's not working, so there's no rush at all.
I wouldn't have said that................ ;) :ROFLMAO:

SiAdams

You may even find Zotac offer a replacement, I'm not familiar with their after sales support, but it's not unheard of. If that's the case, I'd let PCS know that they're doing that and maybe send them any details that Zotac send through to you like serial number etc.
Of course, if i hear back from Zotac in the interim ill let PCS know. I have organised a RMA with PCS so i will wait to hear from both. I did mention i have contacted Zotac so they may suggest to wait until they get back to me.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Of course, if i hear back from Zotac in the interim ill let PCS know. I have organised a RMA with PCS so i will wait to hear from both. I did mention i have contacted Zotac so they may suggest to wait until they get back to me.
Yeah, think that's the best way to go about it, then you're covered from all directions.

Let us know how you get on (y)

SiAdams

Yeah, think that's the best way to go about it, then you're covered from all directions.

Let us know how you get on (y)
Of topic, have you ever played Doom Eternal? I’ve just got this today as I’m trying game pass for 1 month. Only £1.
the game is so much fun. Graphics are insane.

On another note. I want to point out something weird that’s I’ve been experiencing, which I think is down to the monitor. I have to make sure the monitor is switched off before I turn on the PC. Once the PC beeps to let me know it can’t find a connection to a monitor, I turn the monitor on and then it finds it no problem. If I have the monitor on before I turn on the PC, the monitor will keep going into sleep mode. I have found online that it’s possible an issue with certain models of the G9. Just thought I would mention it incase anyone else is experiencing this as at first I thought I had a faulty GPU - along with the RGB not working.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Of topic, have you ever played Doom Eternal? I’ve just got this today as I’m trying game pass for 1 month. Only £1.

On another note. I want to point out something weird that’s I’ve been experiencing, which I think is down to the monitor. I have to make sure the monitor is switched off before I turn on the PC. Once the PC beeps to let me know it can’t find a connection to a monitor, I turn the monitor on and then it finds it no problem. If I have the monitor on before I turn on the PC, the monitor will keep going into sleep mode. I have found online that it’s possible an issue with certain models of the G9. Just thought I would mention it incase anyone else is experiencing this as at first I thought I had a faulty GPU - along with the RGB not working.
I think it was @KippleKat who had a similar problem with her monitor

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm quite early on in the game considering I bought it on pre release, it's quite shocking how little time I've spent on it :)

1629058403296.png

But yeah, the Doom games are in a league of their own for the fast pace and incredible graphics, I don't know how they manage to keep such high framerates as well with it looking that good!

SiAdams

I'm quite early on in the game considering I bought it on pre release, it's quite shocking how little time I've spent on it :)

View attachment 28669

But yeah, the Doom games are in a league of their own for the fast pace and incredible graphics, I don't know how they manage to keep such high framerates as well with it looking that good!
Exactly my thoughts! It’s absolutely flying and everything looks so crisp! Really impressed with it. So much fun. I think this will be one I complete in a few weeks, although it’s suggested it takes 22.5 hours to complete! Lots of fun ahead 😬

SiAdams

Got a reply from Zotac - pretty impressed with the quick reply. Unfortunately will have to wait till I get home. Will update this thread with the outcome

Hi Simon,

Try this:
-Reinstall Firestorm, but do not open it.
-Install the firmware 1.2v update.

After that open Firestorm ---> Spectra then click on "Default" at the right
bottom.

Here is the link for firmware update:

If you have any other question, Please don't hesitate to ask : )

Kindest regards,
Eurotech Team

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Got a reply from Zotac - pretty impressed with the quick reply. Unfortunately will have to wait till I get home. Will update this thread with the outcome

Hi Simon,

Try this:

bottom.

Kindest regards,
Eurotech Team
Fingers crossed

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Hi Simon,

Try this:

bottom.

Kindest regards,
Eurotech Team
here,s hoping

SiAdams

Hi guys

just got the replacement card and I am relieved it’s the same model as I know I’ll be fine connecting this to the motherboard

let’s hope the RGB works tonight ha either way though it will let me know if it was an firmware issue or the card itself

I’ll update the thread tonight

thanks again guys

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Absolutely over the moon! I have been sent an Amp holo model of the Zotac 3080.

As you can see in the picture, RGB working 😬😬😬

thanks for your patience and help everyone haha I will upload pics of my rig once I get my new mouse and keyboard

absolutely buzzing
View attachment 28683
That's the first time I've known someone deal directly with Zotac support, pretty impressed, must say, good on them (y)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah fair play to Zotac, it's the customer service that gets the cards the rep mostly. Why EVGA and Sapphire rein king, yes they make quality product but the customer service is second to none.

Good to see Zotac heading in that direction