750W Corsair TX750 modular power supply big enough for sli 670's?

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Hello, i've ordered a new pc with a 750w modular psu but my main concern is will it be big enough to sli 670s without pushing it upto 100% all of the time? Anyway I've had lots of problems with PSU's before so i don't really wana take any silly decisions second opinions always good to have.

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Hello, i've ordered a new pc with a 750w modular psu but my main concern is will it be big enough to sli GTX 670s? I don't wana add another gpu of that is the case I imagine pushing PSU at 100% all the time will only cause problems...?
The configurator would warn you if the PSU isn't adequate,to confirm try entering the same spec with two 670's I reckon 750W will be fine.

Last edited:

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
The configurator would warn you if the PSU isn't adequate,to confirm try entering the same spec with two 670's.

Yeah it said it was all compatible... But the last pc I purchased from a different company had a 650w psu and apparently it was too small for jusy 1 gpu along with all the other bits and it blew(companies fault they configured and built it) so I'm little concerned when it comes to PSU's.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Yeah it said it was all compatible... But the last pc I purchased from a different company had a 650w psu and apparently it was too small for jusy 1 gpu along with all the other bits and it blew(companies fault they configured and built it) so I'm little concerned when it comes to PSU's.
PCS calculate the power requirements of all the components and give a 20% allowance,so you should have no worries.:)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
What vanthus says :)

I'd personally go for the 850w HX, then it just gives you a tad more breathing room if required.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
The 750W would be fine,and even allow for other upgrades in future,but as Tom said you could upgrade to the 850W for something like £19 for peace of mind,especially if you have OCD like I do.:(

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Well I did another configuration with an 850w PSU just to see howmuch wattage I will need and it said 698w and 20% allowance. Bare in mind I will not be doing any overclocking but if I play demanding games and have settings on ultra and get intensive fps playing will I pass the 750w marker?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Well I did another configuration with an 850w PSU just to see howmuch wattage I will need and it said 698w and 20% allowance. Bare in mind I will not be doing any overclocking but if I play demanding games and have settings on ultra and get intensive fps playing will I pass the 750w marker?
Playing on ultra isn't going to surpass the calculated max power requirement.No way in my opinion will you ever use near 750W unless you add an awful lot more components,even then you still have the 20% allowance which is quite a lot.

Last edited:

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
ah thank you! was just worried dident wana put in another 670 and just hear a blow on start up but now I'm abit more relaxed ty:D +rep:donatello: