7970M Delay

5 weeks Jesus, Mines only just gone into pre-production. Although I have been lurking in this website for the past 2 months waiting until I got paid to buy my Vortex III, another 4 weeks seems just too long. I was kinda hoping to play Diablo 3 with my friend but he has since completed it. Since there is no Launch date for Guild Wars 2 yet hopefully I'll have it before then, but there have been rumours that that will be released on the 24th of June.

Same to me bro. My friends in US has already get to inferno.
I expected to at least receive the laptop in late Jun before I leave UK. My uni term ends on Jun 18th and I have already changed my flight to end of Jun. I really can't afford to push it later than that.
Jesus this news is too bad.

Kimikus

Yeah. I don't know what to do now. Some sort of rough time frame would be useful. Could PCS please try and get one? Is AMD thinking of 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years? I am just getting frustrated with 'last minute' multiple delays with no indication of when the product will be launched. I'm also in a tough position because the 7970m is that much better compared to the 675m gtx. I would wait but it would be nice to know soon when AMD expects to resolve this issue rather than in 2 weeks another delay.... then 2 weeks 'oh sorry QC isn't finished', then 2 weeks 'oh sorry not quite yet but nearly there' sort of scenario. For example if I know now we're talking at least 4 weeks then I can just get the 675 gtx and get it over and done with to be honest.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We're sorry for the delay and we are requesting updates daily, but so far we have not been told anymore information. As soon as we hear it we will post it on here.

Benadiction

Bronze Level Poster
22 working days and counting, if it doesn't arrive until the 12th of June then I probably won't recieve it until June the 19th, the 35th working day.

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
Do note that it's not just PCS that has this issue. The whole 2nd batch of HD7970Ms for clevo was pulled back because of quality issues with the onboard components (not related to the graphics chip itself, not AMDs fault). Practically no one has this card available, some lucky fellows got it because a few resellers got couple of cards from the first batch (which was totally fine).

Craigsup

Silver Level Poster
Just wondering if there has been any update yet?
I really do want to get my laptop with a 7970, however the wait time seems to be 2 weeks or longer (plus build time).

Kimikus

Just wondering if there has been any update yet?
I really do want to get my laptop with a 7970, however the wait time seems to be 2 weeks or longer (plus build time).

Yeah looking forward to an update as well. Also don't forget that if you place your order now you will also be placed in queue since everyone who ordered before you will be getting priority. If I were you and thinking of ordering now, I would just get the 675m gtx unless you can afford to wait basically.

Luxas

Bronze Level Poster
Something tells me NVIDIA just wants to sell out as much old architecture as possible before the new one be releases as from that point no one would want the old one. I just can't be quiet about 675 vs 7970m it's like having an offer Two For One and taking just one. Sorry for the OT.

Are you also curious how many orders were placed for HD 7970M with PCS so far?

... and just a food for thought: maybe we should enjoy the long weekend instead of checking for the update that definitely is not going to happen for the next 3-4 days... yeah maybe :p

Kimikus

Something tells me NVIDIA just wants to sell out as much old architecture as possible before the new one be releases as from that point no one would want the old one. I just can't be quiet about 675 vs 7970m it's like having an offer Two For One and taking just one. Sorry for the OT.

Are you also curious how many orders were placed for HD 7970M with PCS so far?

... and just a food for thought: maybe we should enjoy the long weekend instead of checking for the update that definitely is not going to happen for the next 3-4 days... yeah maybe :p

It is fully possible to enjoy the weekend and check for the update that isn't going to happen. Why can't we get the best of both worlds? ;)

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately we do not have any news yet. We are chasing this up daily but it's out of our control as AMD are holding back the stock. Anybody who no longer wishes to wait is more than welcome to change to a 675M. :)

marhask

Helo guyes. just found this massage on notebookrewiew from PC-Konsulten.se resseller : "The problem has been solved. All BBs are leaving China within a few days. Actual delivery time will vary between resellers." Hopefully we'll see our 7970m soon :)

Craigsup

Silver Level Poster
Helo guyes. just found this massage on notebookrewiew from PC-Konsulten.se resseller : "The problem has been solved. All BBs are leaving China within a few days. Actual delivery time will vary between resellers." Hopefully we'll see our 7970m soon :)

That's great! Just found the thread with the details in.

I look forward to ordering mine on thursday!

Luxas

Bronze Level Poster

It looks weird for professional re-seller giving that kind of information without providing any additional details. Would be great if PCS could confirm something. But hope is good ;)

marhask

Yop, also waiting for some kind of an update or confirmation..If this is true, when can we expect the vortex III with 7970m to start shipping???

Kimikus

Yay excellent news! Gotta wait until Wednesday before hearing from PCS I think because of bank holiday and jubilee.

I was just browsing to see if the 7970M cards have shipped to retailers and came across this thread.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/666375-no-more-clevo-me.html

I don't know what's happening and judging by the last few pages issues seem to have been resolved but I'm still worried nonetheless. Can someone please clarify what's been going in this thread and what the commotion is about? I assume that's relating to the reason why the shipments were held back?...

Last edited:

Grahf

Yay excellent news! Gotta wait until Wednesday before hearing from PCS I think because of bank holiday and jubilee.

I was just browsing to see if the 7970M cards have shipped to retailers and came across this thread.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/666375-no-more-clevo-me.html

I don't know what's happening and judging by the last few pages issues seem to have been resolved but I'm still worried nonetheless. Can someone please clarify what's been going in this thread and what the commotion is about? I assume that's relating to the reason why the shipments were held back?...

Don't know if anyone's noticed but it no longer states "early June" on the configuration page, its now "no ETA"

Kimikus

Yeah noticed that as well, but I think it's because PCS is playing it safe until they get concrete info about when their stock will arrive. There have been news about the issues being resolved and shipping commencing within the next day or so. Wish AMD was being a bit more transparent about what is actually going on here...
Along with the news I posted in the link I'm starting to get worried to be honest. No driver support? What's going on? :(