A good surround sound system?

slane

Bronze Level Poster
Hey. I'm looking for a decent 5.1 sound system, preferably with optical in and under £100. I have had a look on ebay and seen a few things but wondering if any you have suggestions for what I'm after. Thanks in advance. :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
until you said the price id have recommended the Logitech Z5500 because it simply cannot be beaten imo. Im not sure about under £100 though tbh.

aleluc

Bronze Level Poster

If you trawl through ebay and specifically look at the Pick Up Only ads, then your bound to get a decent set for a fraction of the price. You have to be very patient though to wait for one in your area. (A quick look shows that theres a set in Glasgow and Cheshire at the moment) For larger items like this, then the Collection Only ads on ebay are the place to be for a bargain lol!

Personally i have a Razor Mako 2.1 setup and IMO it is superb. I did consider the Corsair 2.1 but the sub was simply too big for my space. Its also the reason why i didnt get the Z5500, just didnt have the room at the time. The Mako's are very rare though and they're not made anymore as far as im aware.

slane

Bronze Level Poster
Theres loads on ebay that are with dvd players, no idea if I could ditch the dvd player and just use the stereo system. seems a waste if I had to have the player on as well. Also i am not going to pend more than £100 so although a few of the metioned look great theres no way. It really is under 100 suggestions im looking for.

Stappa

Enthusiast
Ummmmmm........SONY DA2400ES 7.1 AV Amp 4 X JPW CELESTRIAN CORNER SPEAKERS, Q ACOUSTICS 1010 CENTER SPEAKER, YAMAHA YST-FSW150 SUB is F****** A for films and Games

slane

Bronze Level Poster
I think the cheapest way for me is to just buy an amp separately and then get some speakers