A loss for the consumer

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
It sure is, Apple clearly cannot dominate the market with their products therefore they must resort to suing everyone off the market

sted

Rising Star
All because Samsung has better products (IMO), like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. (There's a certain irony to the fact that I have an iPad over the SGT10.1, that said I did not know how good the Samsung was back then or even if it was out, I wish I got the SGT over the iPad D: )

Buzz

Master
Personally Im sick to death of hearing about them both. Apple this samsung that. Its all getting annoying. Big blow for Samsung though

steaky360

Personally Im sick to death of hearing about them both. Apple this samsung that. Its all getting annoying. Big blow for Samsung though

Fully agree with you there Buzz, although it is a bit of a blow to Samsung, I cba with all the crap in the news about the latest lawsuits over patents for crappy things that in reality neither company developed initially.

Bah humbug to it all.

Someone should develop the raspberry pi to run a touch screen.

steaky360

Motorolla invented the mobile phone...they should sue all of them! :D

Not exactly 'mobile' though ;)

Mobile-phone-history--007.jpg 1g.gif

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Fully agree with you there Buzz, although it is a bit of a blow to Samsung, I cba with all the crap in the news about the latest lawsuits over patents for crappy things that in reality neither company developed initially.

Bah humbug to it all.

Someone should develop the raspberry pi to run a touch screen.

thats not difficult, all you need is a touch screen and a RPi of course :p

I got an ASUS Transformer Infinity almost 2 weeks ago, and its 10000x better than my iPad

steaky360

thats not difficult, all you need is a touch screen and a RPi of course :p

I got an ASUS Transformer Infinity almost 2 weeks ago, and its 10000x better than my iPad

I think the raspberry pi and touch screen combo would be a winner! Sod all the other crap, you can do anything with a RPi

steaky360

You can fly a helicopter with it :p

I wonder if you can teach it to make tea? What am I saying, it probably already can!

I would like to see one controlling a parrot ar drone though. The v2 has several cameras etc on it, very cool!

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I wonder if you can teach it to make tea? What am I saying, it probably already can!

I would like to see one controlling a parrot ar drone though. The v2 has several cameras etc on it, very cool!

the only problem is that controlling all these cameras and stuff will take up all of the power, so you need something more powerful, although its dam easy to overclock to at least 800MHz

steaky360

the only problem is that controlling all these cameras and stuff will take up all of the power, so you need something more powerful, although its dam easy to overclock to at least 800MHz

Surely that is enough then :clown:. An iPhone can do it so surely a superior device such as the RPi can too ;) Just a matter of configuring it properly!

Saying that though the RPi could make the drone autonomous to a certain extent! How cool, get that sorted the. Weaponise the parrot with some nerf guns *evil laugh* :gunsmilie:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Surely that is enough then :clown:. An iPhone can do it so surely a superior device such as the RPi can too ;) Just a matter of configuring it properly!

Saying that though the RPi could make the drone autonomous to a certain extent! How cool, get that sorted the. Weaponise the parrot with some nerf guns *evil laugh* :gunsmilie:

An iPhone is actually more powerful you know? its got a dual core 1GHz. just saying

If only i knew how to program this stuff i would use it to remote control a mini helicopter or something and fly it into my neighbours house with some rubber bullets too xD

steaky360

An iPhone is actually more powerful you know? its got a dual core 1GHz. just saying

If only i knew how to program this stuff i would use it to remote control a mini helicopter or something and fly it into my neighbours house with some rubber bullets too xD

Yeah I am aware an iPhone is more powerful. Just in denial really. Not sure I'd be overly comfortable automating the drone and strapping an iPhone to it though ;)

But yes to the weaponisation of fun-sized aircraft!

thek

All this is going to do is force Samsung to create their own designs. This will create a more diverse market with better choice for consumers.

I welcome the outcome.

steaky360

All this is going to do is force Samsung to create their own designs. This will create a more diverse market with better choice for consumers.

I welcome the outcome.

I would like to see that, although all I'm expecting is the same bit of kit in a different box really.

Viper

Gold Level Poster
Having owned an Iphone and a Galaxy S2 / 3 i can say i prefer the samsung, mostly because theres to many 10 year olds with iphones now a days haha *.*