A short and probably useless review of my new Skyfire III

Pseudo Nym

After over a month of waiting (Likely through no fault of PCS) I finally have my new gaming machine! Here she is in my admittedly poor setup.
Laptop.jpg
Specs are as follows: Intel Core i7 Quad Core 4700-MQ 2.4GHz 6MB
8GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M
120GB Kingston Hyper-X 3K SSD
and some other stuff.
Peripherals: Creative Soundblaster Tactic3D Wrath Headphones
CM Storm Inferno gaming mouse

Performance wise it's really quite good. Boots up in 18-23 seconds flat and while I haven't had the opportunity to thrash the graphics card it's handled whatever I've thrown at it without complaint, although the Optimus technology wouldn't work until I installed Nvidia's latest drivers. Storage wise I'm sure my choice of settling for only 120GB of storage will be utterly excoriated but I can always get a 2nd hard drive as it has 2 caddies. The chassis is utterly brilliant, feels incredibly well made, MSI haven't gone wrong here and the backlit keyboard is just utterly awesome. Did I mention it's backlit? The fans are whisper quiet as well even when in performance mode running something like LoL at max settings. It isn't even so heavy and large that I can't take it around with me, although the backpack I ordered with it helps supremely. I'm sure there's many aspects of this a more technically inclined person would have included but this is my first ever computer and I can safely say I'm extremely pleased with my purchase, even my cats seem to like it. I'll be seeing you guys on the fields of gaming, I've got a social life to not lead now.

Stephen M

Author Level
I tink you were correct to go for the 120GB SSD are they are much more expensive, although the set up I am thinking about would include a larger HD as well. There is also the option of external HDs, I have a 2TB which I bought with my last PC, plus a 1.5TB and 1TB Seagate portable, both of which have been really good.