Actual hardware makes and models in 14" SkyFire IV so I can find updated drivers?

Actual hardware makes and models in 14" SkyFire IV so I can find updated drivers?

I am awaiting my first laptop - it shouldn't be long now!

I am preparing by pre-downloading the drivers.

However, as you can see from the attached image, most of the drivers are dated February 2014, so presumably many are out of date by now.

Does anyone know the actual hardware makes and models for the components, so I can find updated drivers?

I know about the video card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M) but until I receive the laptop, I'm not sure about the rest.

eb_olddrivers1.png

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Are you planning to reinstall the operating system? Drivers are provided by clevo, you could get supported drivers from their site. If you are not planning to reinstall the operating system I wouldn't bother trying to reinstall drivers.m

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hello King Mustard.

I think most of those drivers will be fine actually, the one i would watch is the GPU drivers, they can change a couple times a year unless your in the beta drivers and they can change nearly every month. If you download the Nvidia Experient program it should keep your drivers up to date for you and let you know when new ones are released.

In my opinion too windows is quite good at keeping your drivers upto date also, in the 3 years i've had my laptop the only drivers i've really had to deal with are GPU drivers. Even with a fresh install windows did everything for me.

Hope this helps

Mike

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Pretty sure the SkyFire IV isn't a Clevo,I think it's an MSI chassis,model number GE40,but best check that with PCS,they may even give you a link to the drivers.