Adding an SSD

SteveB

Gold Level Poster
Hi Guy's n Girls

I'm thinking of adding a 40gb SSD to the below pc how easy will this be and what should I be carefull of?

After just watching something on youtube it looks like its just plug n play as I suspected but if anyone know of any pitfalls?

Last edited:

Teaz

Godlike
used as storage? if it is then it shouldnt have any probs but that is quite a small storage unless you're planning to use it for sensitive data?

SteveB

Gold Level Poster
Hi Teaz, it will be used for photography projects so any photo's that I will be working on, So when rendering or layering ect it should be a bit quicker

Main storage I will continue to use the 1TB internal and the 1TB external for all backups and sensitive stuff

I can see some sata cables in the bottom bay of my pc I assume these are spares? silly question really as you can't see them lol

SteveB

Gold Level Poster
Thanks Sleinous, I have my operating system on the 80gb ssd and to be hounest I dont want to mess about in the bios switching it lol so a straight plug n play is as far as I dare go

If they are not plugged into the mother board (will check later) is this going to complicate things for me or is it easy peasy (I don't know much lol) I suppose I could always take a photo and post it here so you guy's can tell me for sure to be on the safe side