Advice before I Purchace

AzY

Gold Level Poster
Just wanted to check that everything in this spec is ok before i go ahead and order it. Any last minute recommendations will be appreciated. Laptop will be used for general use + occasional gaming. Happy with the cpu + gpu, don't really think i need to upgrade the ram atm as 4gb should be more than enough as i am not going to be using Photoshop or rendering. I think it should run well for a £600 ish set up.

Chassis & Display Optimus Series: 17.3" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Dual Core Mobile Processor i5-3210M (2.50GHz) 3MB
Memory (RAM) 4GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (1 x 4GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M - 1.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - Hard Disk 500GB SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT HYBRID, SATA 3 Gb/s, (7200rpm)**SPECIAL**
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N130 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
USB Options 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Battery Optimus/Voyager Series 6 Cell Lithium-ION Battery (48.84WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor 1 x UK Power Lead & 120W AC Adaptor
Operating System NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Keyboard Language INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Notebook Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Insurance 1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 6 to 8 working days
Quantity 1

Price: £635.00 including VAT and delivery.

Should i get this Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ADVANCED-N 6235 (300Mbps) + BLUETOOTH. For £9. Is it worth getting over the standard , i will be doing gaming occasionally would i notice much difference and is it a good improvement.

Ash

Can't think of anything else you could change personally.
Maybe go for a Matte screen instead of Glossy to avoid any reflections?

AzY

Gold Level Poster
Can't think of anything else you could change personally.
Maybe go for a Matte screen instead of Glossy to avoid any reflections?

Nah im not really botherd about glossy, i doubt i will be taking the laptop outside, so there is not point spending £79 as i would barley notice it.

Ash

Nah im not really botherd about glossy, i doubt i will be taking the laptop outside, so there is not point spending £79 as i would barley notice it.

Yeah true. I really can't recommend anything myself then. Maybe one of the more experience members on the forum can.

AzY

Gold Level Poster
Yeah true. I really can't recommend anything myself then. Maybe one of the more experience members on the forum can.

Ok thanks, just really want to know more about the wireless and is it worth getting the upgrade.

Ash

Ahh I didn't see that question at the moment. The card you have chosen will be more than good enough for gaming (as long as you've got a good internet connection).

AzY

Gold Level Poster
Ahh I didn't see that question at the moment. The card you have chosen will be more than good enough for gaming (as long as you've got a good internet connection).

What actually difference would i experience with the upgrade card, would any noticable increase be evident with the better choice, and would gaming be deffinatly fine on the stock choice.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
The GPU is the most important component as far as gaming goes,but the one you select depends on the games you want to play,
the 650M may suffice for your needs,but if you intend playing new demanding games on high settings get the the best card you can afford.

Last edited: