Advice on comparisons here please?

unclecrockett

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of each computer that can be cheaply upgraded if required and also which base unit is better?

1st one:

Windows: Microsoft Windows 7 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421
Memory (RAM): 3328 MB
CPU Info: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.60GHz
CPU Speed: 3600.1 MHz
Sound card: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated D
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE | NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver | RDP Reflector Display Driver
Monitors: 1
Screen Resolution: 1680 X 1050 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Network Connection
CD / DVD Drives: D: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A | F: DTSOFT BDROM
COM Ports: NOT Present
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 149.0GB | E: 100.0MB | G: 89.3GB | H: 100.7GB | I: 232.9GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 129.0GB | E: 61.6MB | G: 6.7GB | H: 2.7GB | I: 72.1GB
USB Controllers: 5 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Product Make: hp workstation xw8200
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info:
Time Zone: GMT Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 08B4h
Modem: Not detected

2nd one:

Windows: Microsoft Windows 7 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421
Memory (RAM): 1920 MB
CPU Info: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
CPU Speed: 2207.9 MHz
Sound card: Not detected
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver | RDP Reflector Display Driver
Monitors: 1
Screen Resolution: 1680 X 1050 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
CD / DVD Drives: D: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A | E: LITE-ON DVD SOHD-167T | H: RMZQ VK5AFGDAZ0L
COM Ports: NOT Present
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 89.3GB | F: 100.7GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 3.9GB | F: 560.6MB
USB Controllers: 2 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info:
Time Zone: GMT Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: 939NF6G-VSTA
Modem: Not detected

Tehmoe

Gold Level Poster
Both seem quiet old, but the intel spec looks slightly better. Not sure how either could be upgraded really without knowing the motherboard and from experience computers you buy from the likes of HP are always very difficult to upgrade.

If you had some kinda of budget maybe you could get a new PC wouldn't mind specing you one from PCS.

unclecrockett

I picked the machine from the site I wanted to buy, paid the deposit but got turned down for finance and can't afford to splash out in 1 go for 1 this side of christmas so was just curious as to which base unit is better to use until im in a position to buy a new pc from the site.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I picked the machine from the site I wanted to buy, paid the deposit but got turned down for finance and can't afford to splash out in 1 go for 1 this side of christmas so was just curious as to which base unit is better to use until im in a position to buy a new pc from the site.
Oh yes,buy from PCS like MadMan suggests,
cant be beat for price,quality or customer service, :)

Tehmoe

Gold Level Poster

On this site they offer fiance option where you pay 10% now and you can pay the rest over a period of your choosing. Also like the idea that if you want to you could pay of the remainder in 3months time for example.

Could be a good option if you need something now.

unclecrockett

Thanks guys, I do intend to buy from this site and attempted the finance before by paying the £60 but it ended up getting refunded to me and finance declined :(

AshleyUK

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks guys, I do intend to buy from this site and attempted the finance before by paying the £60 but it ended up getting refunded to me and finance declined :(

Have you had credit before / Phone Contract e.t.c could be a reason why you was declined that can be solved, or could be that you just dont have a good enough credit history yet :(

oli090

Enthusiast
this forum is really to do with this site? and buying pc's if you want help on upgrading i would say go to a official forum for pc building if im wrong someone correct me :)

Gorman

Author Level
We encourage discussion on any PC / Tech related subject and welcome any here with similar interests to us and our customers. We will, of course, remove any posts that actively advertise for other companies especially competitors as after all we are a business.

If anything this thread is just in the wrong sub-forum.

P.S

Those two machines are not really worth upgrading.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Sell the PCs.

Wait until after Xmas, review your credit rating.

Then buy a beasty PC from PCS! :D

Guys, I don't understand, saying this guy isn't in the right place. Of course he is, Gorman, anyone from PCs, me and I would expect anyone else to see how this could quite easily turn into somebody buying a PC from PCS.

someone asks about PCs, told that he's in the best place for buying PCs ;) gets convinced to buy a great PC from PCs :p

pretty obvious xD