Aliens Vs Predator

Matt

Bright Spark
I quite enjoy this game, but everyone i know bar a few seems to hate it. Whats the general opinion on it around here?

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
It was good, some interesting ideas, but not a Patch on AvP2, which was one of the best FPS's I've played, I got to the alien missions then got bored and started playing Fifa, graphics were sub-par I reckon, they'd consolized it too much.

Matt

Bright Spark
Have you played all 3 sides of it Matt?

Yes, i have to say my favourite is the Alien then the marine. I think the predator is maybe slightly over powered.

Controlling the alien can take some getting used to but i find it immensly satisfying as i see my alien teeth plummet through a predators face and my screen gets covered in green blood. :eek:

My german friend on steam informed me that avp is banned in germany, and several other countries.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
yeah, I remember reading about it, daft really, a few swear words and a bit of blood never hurt anyone in a game, yet GTA is on release no doubt.

A bit of alien vs human gorefest? No, thats just sick, I'd rather just run over pedestrians and shoot at the police... Now where is the sense in that???

Matt

Bright Spark
yeah, I remember reading about it, daft really, a few swear words and a bit of blood never hurt anyone in a game, yet GTA is on release no doubt.

A bit of alien vs human gorefest? No, thats just sick, I'd rather just run over pedestrians and shoot at the police... Now where is the sense in that???

Yeah its a good shout that mate.

I have both games and enjoy them immensely, one of the reasons i can't wait to see what extra performance i can get out of a quad core on both games.

Not sure if Avp uses four cores, but i know gta iv does. Even at 3.6ghz my e6750 does not run that game smoothly.