Amazon returns policy?

bigben

Master Poster
Hi, I've always heard that amazons return policy is good butt I have a question:
I have prime, if I order a certain electrical item with the next 38 mins I can get it tomorrow.
If I buy it and then decide I don't need it (while it's still unopened) will I be able to return it? Will I get charged carriage for the return?

Thanks.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
They only refund postage if your items is wrong or damaged.

So you will pay the return postage (deducted from your refund) if its just returned as unwanted.

bigben

Master Poster
Ok fair enough. Don't suppose you know what it might cost?
Thanks!

Edit: found it. £3.99 thanks

Last edited:

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
If you mention it is not as describe or not received on time you don't pay for return

But that wouldn't be very fair would it... I'm all for taking advantage of amazon when it comes to returns, but for 3.99 you cant really complain. Just take it on the chin and take the hit for 3.99

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lol, I'd say its faulty or something.

Although, I've always found amazon to be pretty good.

However, if you need the amazon complaints email address (its not advertised on their site) give me a pm lol. I use it frequently. Every time something goes wrong... grabs the keyboard of rage and bam complaint email! :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
lol, I'd say its faulty or something.

Although, I've always found amazon to be pretty good.

However, if you need the amazon complaints email address (its not advertised on their site) give me a pm lol. I use it frequently. Every time something goes wrong... grabs the keyboard of rage and bam complaint email! :)

I usually used the live chat feature or they can call you.

bo0td

You can refuse delivery. It goes back to Amazon and your refund is processed automatically.

steaky360

I thought you had 30 days to return stuff sold by amazon and it would be free assuming you were not satisfied with the product... which you must not be if you don't want it :)

Although I would agree with tom above, you shouldn't be dishonest. Regardless of what 'everyone does'. That's similar to piracy (everyone knows its wrong but people still do it "entertainment industry makes loads of money etc. etc.).

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I thought you had 30 days to return stuff sold by amazon and it would be free assuming you were not satisfied with the product... which you must not be if you don't want it :)

Although I would agree with tom above, you shouldn't be dishonest. Regardless of what 'everyone does'. That's similar to piracy (everyone knows its wrong but people still do it "entertainment industry makes loads of money etc. etc.).

Which Tom?:)
I should have worded my comment slightly different, I didn't mean to imply is correct to do it just highliting when you are not liable for return postage.
Although I wouldn't judge anyone doing it considering Amazon's tax affairs

They cant be quite good to be honest if you speak to them, i ordered some bose headphones but was worried they wouldnt be what i expected for the price. so i thought i would try them to make sure they was worth the high price(just pay the return postage). but when they arrived they were in a blister pack, i contacted Amazon and the person said i could open them, if i didnt like them they would let me return them, even though the blister pack would have been cut open.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Speaking of amazon, I've just taken delivery of some shampoo for my car a big 5ltr bottle - a like to wash the cars... ;)

It's leaked in the packaging... it must have been opened and the seal broken before the item was packed, yet they sent it to me anyway! terrible.

neway, quick chat with amazon on live chat and they are sending a replacement out tomorrow. Can't complain really.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
All I could think of was:

BAls9o5CIAA2imy.jpg

Tom DWC

Always found Amazon to be amazing for returns, even out of the 30 day period they'll refund stuff if you ring them up.

AFAIK within the 30 days the return is always free, under the list of reasons you can just say it didn't meet your standards.